Lindsay Lohan -- "Blindsided" By Jail Sentence

4/24/2011 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If you were shocked Lindsay Lohan got sentenced to jail yesterday, you're not alone -- sources close to LiLo tell us no one was more shocked than she was.

0422_Lindsay_lohan_GETTY_EX2
Lindsay was sentenced to 120 days in jail yesterday by Judge Stephanie Sautner.  She was bailed out of Lynwood Correctional Facility after spending five hours inside.

Sources close to Lindsay tell us she was under the impression she'd be going home after the hearing ... and was "blindsided" when she got sentenced. We're told Lindsay described the situation as "ridiculous" and "f**ked up."

According to our sources, Lindsay spent her Saturday with her sister, Ali, and her brother, Michael Jr.

We're told Lindsay is glad she's not behind bars (for the moment) and is looking forward to appealing.

dlastqueen

Give Man-Man a break!!! She shouldn't have been giving bail...

JohnC

I am confused. The first sentence is totally muddled and appalling written. It isn't just punctuation that is missing, but several words. Was she sentenced to jail, or was she released?

From other sources it appears Lohan was sentenced to 120 days in jail, and she had been under the impression she'd be going home after the hearing. But she did go home. So what is her problem?

Sara

Wait, I don't get it.
Is she going to jail or not?
I keep hearing she's going to the slammer and then she's doing community service instead.

Is Lindsay going to incarcerated or not?

Vladimir

If I were her, I would be in jail long, long agoooo.
That is unfair.

taji

Give me a break SICK of all this nonsense..there are child molesters, criminals of all kinds getting less...Let this kid
get on with her life! Her parents are morons....!!! Why hate her
she did nothing to anyone of the people making these comments...
...drug dealers AND WOTSE are getting OFF!! ect, ect,

Give her community service..and let it be !!
!the only person getting hurt in this deal is her!

dan cooper

Lindsay when will you wake up to the fact that they are going to have your ass. Fight back, you have the power of the media that others do not. (SEE) HOW TO DISQUALIFY YOUR JUDGE. The Judges received Retro Active Immunity for the taking of bribes under Senate Bill SBX211. But they have not received Immunity for sitting in a case where they had received money from a party in the case. They unconstitutionally get money from L.A. County (BIAS) L.A. County prosecutor. FRAUD ON THE COURT.

(QUOTE) The taking of money by a judge who does not "throw the case" is still corrupt. Justice Posner of the 7th Circuit stated in ralating to Sir Francis Bacon, That the judge who does not fulfill the "Bargin" after taking the money is equally as corrupt as the judge who takes the money and fulfills the bargain.

Sturgeon v Los Angeles County declared L.A. County payments to Judges unconstitutional therefor illegal, The passing of SBX211 does not restore the loss of Due proccess.

California judges are employees of the STATE, not the COUNTY. Judges receive pay and benefits from the STATE. After being exposed of the illegal payments they paid a lobbyist to pass SBX211. Los Angeles County judges are currently receiving an additional $57,688.00 per judge on top the pay and benefits they receive from the STATE. Los Angeles County is no different from anyone else that appears in court except they bribe the Judges. L.A County is a party in this case, L.A. County prosecutor.

Rose

She was what?
What the hell was she expecting, another slap on the wrist and told not to do it again?
I get so fed up with these celebs commiting these crimes, and thinking they are still in a movie, and won't get into trouble, and it'll all be a happy ever after ending!
They need to get a grip, and realise they are in the real world, where the rest of the population have to do the time, and they are no different.
It's time judges stopped pampering them, and slap them in jail for the sentence they hand down, and the celebs stop whining about it and get on with it like the rest of the world!

tim

if she is NOT GUILTY...and supposedly in this country under our law, until she is FOUND GUILTY of a crime, she has not committed one. Therefore, how is the judge correct in giving her jail for violating her probation for "committing a crime" not yet proven guilty of?

Use a little judicious thought....

Keiths Wife

What is she appealing? That the judge ordered her to pay for the crime of violating parole? Fat chance it will help her because she IS GOING TO JAIL AND ITS FOR 120 DAYS....no time off for being good or overcrowding. I hope her attorney explained to her that IT IS FOR 120 DAYS....OMG, how does one keep those lips pumped up for 120 days? She will not be allowed to bring in the pump machine until she is released...she will look horrible by then! I think her only option now is suicide and I would hate for her to do that. I am really wanting to see her do that community service first. Maybe her first body at the morgue she works with will be RONSAN! Did I misspell his/her name? Sorrie! 120 days...OMG, you could at least practice your new scripts....and I have a bone to pick with her Attorney (who I think is gorgeous!!!) ...did you blindside your client? You must have told her that there is a possibility that the judge would sentence you for violating your parole? Maybe they will rename the jail "LiLO Dorm"....oh whoa is me, whoa is me. I wonder what kind of expression Michael (father) had on his face when he heard the sentencing? Oh I would have given my husbands left nut to see that! AND DINAH!!!! Oh....so many of us have felt payback has finally come. The Producers of the movies she has been signed up to do are probably looking at a big financial loss....just how many fans would NOW go see LiLo in ANY MOVIE? Well....guess they have already figured it out...even Travolta is getting ready to jump and I like him. OK, well, good luck sweetie...I know you will not disappoint your base here by getting into more trouble before the May appearance. I will send you candies once you are securely behind those colddddddddddddddd bars.

Miriam

Give me a break... Waa! Waa! I am sick of reading how Lindsay is so maligned! Let her do her time... let her know what the REAL world is like... some people have gotten more time for doing less than she has done, and it's about time she realized, drunk or sober, famous or not, wrong IS still WRONG! She might grow up then!

jhh

Would she just go to jail, do her time, and get out of the public eye. She is not cute anymore. Maybe should act when she was a kid. She looks like hell. Her mother is better looking than she is.

guido

who gives a sh#t about this idiot

StevenB

I guess she wasn't paying attention at the last hearing when the judge clearly stated she would be going to jail. I guess she thought she would be given more probabtion she could blow off without any consequences at all.

shar

Girl needs a padded room and a streght jacket for a couple months. only thing that will fix her..... unless her parents mysteriously disappear...... One can only wish

richard_nixon69