Lindsay Lohan -- "Blindsided" By Jail Sentence

4/24/2011 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If you were shocked Lindsay Lohan got sentenced to jail yesterday, you're not alone -- sources close to LiLo tell us no one was more shocked than she was.

0422_Lindsay_lohan_GETTY_EX2
Lindsay was sentenced to 120 days in jail yesterday by Judge Stephanie Sautner.  She was bailed out of Lynwood Correctional Facility after spending five hours inside.

Sources close to Lindsay tell us she was under the impression she'd be going home after the hearing ... and was "blindsided" when she got sentenced. We're told Lindsay described the situation as "ridiculous" and "f**ked up."

According to our sources, Lindsay spent her Saturday with her sister, Ali, and her brother, Michael Jr.

We're told Lindsay is glad she's not behind bars (for the moment) and is looking forward to appealing.

berne

Lindsay has her own Sam Lufti. His name is Nathan Folks.

Sonja

What this author clearly wasn't aware of, gay folks operate via a set of rules that are "good" for other but not for themselves.

What a blatantly homophobic comment.. you have a problem with 'colored' folks too Rocky or just gays? Odd too since you little idol Lindsay is gay or is it just gay 'men' you can't handle.

Nicole

@Lohan is a trainwreck
No i'm just a fan that is happy that Lindsay finally got a fair Judge.

Hot Farts

@rocky

The press is a double edged sword and the stories you plant on one side will come back to bite you many times. You may be in over your depth with this sincerely. Leave the limelight and it will pay off. Best advice. Drop out of site and people will lose interest. The fake forced grasping at straws in an effort to spin public opinion in back firing. The stories are all negative now. She ran outa karma...but, she can build it back up through her actions...talking is too late.

AutumnFairy

@ LOHAN IS A TRAIN WRECK

I'm with you mate

TheMarshmallowMan

wherrrrrre iiiiiisssssss ttttthhhhhheeeee muuuuuuuuggggggsssshoooootttttttttttt

Snoogs

Okay Rocky, since you are clearly of the simple-minded sort, I'll use smaller words.

Those of you that are so adamantly "on her side", so painfully ass-k*ssy and sure of her innocence, despite the glaring facts indicating otherwise, are not behaving rationally.

I'm not saying a rational person should be condemning her outright, I'm saying a rational person admits to the facts, and understands that Lindsay Lohan is capable of being guilty and of being at fault for her actions. To deny this is indicative of a lack of grasp on reality.

The comment about the obsessive letters/threats/etc? Well, we're all familiar with these stories about overly-obsessive fans going off the deep end. It starts off innocently enough, and then suddenly, someone is claiming to be a celebrity's baby mama, secret husband, long-time lover.. all delusional claims. These fans are rebuffed by the celeb, and that's when the threats start. Ultimately, these people are served with restraining orders. Many "superfans" become this obsessed, and I'm simply trying to draw a comparison between you fans and these outcomes. Get it?

In essence: being a hardcore fan who willfully denies any wrongdoing of their celeb idol reeks of mental instability. I suppose it might be okay if you're a 12 year old girl. But I'm pretty certain you folks are basically adults, in terms of age, anyway. I find your celebrity idolatry very unsettling, to say the least.

dreamon

Seems to me that a lot of Lindsay's recent emotional difficulties have to do with her break-up with Sam Ronson. Maybe if her father hadn't been so negative and critical, their relationship would be closer and Lindsy would be more stable.

Homophobia hurts and from a parent, it can be devastating. Milo's attitude probably had a lot to do with Lindsayh's pain.

Again. If Lindsay's doesn't want to be commented on, she should stop selling her stories and pics.

Hot Farts

@rocky

playing the gay card in in no way relative to this topic it is another deflection. I understand tho.

Can you give me your opinion on two (of many) things I am curious about?

1. Do you believe Lindsay stole the fur she had to return to Markova that Markova said she stole?

2. In May 2008, Lauren Hastings claimed Lindsay Lohan stole her clothes. Lauren Hastings claimed thousands of dollars of clothes were stolen from her closet by the actress during a party. “Basically, I have two closets, a lot of the stuff was missing out of one and the next closet was almost completely empty,” Hastings told Inside Edition at the time.

It seems like she has a real problem are we right?

dreamon

@Marshmallow Man.

Judge Suatner ordered that Lindsay's new mug shot not be released to the press. I think with that and not allowing cameras, she's trying to tamp down on the media circus aspect of the case. :)

Rabbitt

Reality can be quite shocking. Consequences can be surprising. Especially when you're an idiot.

ATX

You people crack my $h*t up! Y'alls comments are more entertaining then the story itself. Haha!!!

My two cents?: She is a lying, spoiled brat who thinks she is entitled to everthing. She has had WAY too many chances and someone needs to step up and take the reins and mama aint gonna cut it. (BTW - Anyone notice she hasn't said anything to the media lately? Oh wait, she's busy "producing" her own movie that her other child is "starring" in) Anyway, these judges are letting her off scott free and unless they do something that "stings" a little, she will never learn. I think the karma is finally coming and biting her in the BUTTocks though. Ok, so that was three cents worth. Ha! Good day to you all! :o)

suza271

Hi all,

Just so everyone is aware, I am working on setting up a LindsayLand website where we can chat & post on a forum. Hopefully, it should be done by the end of the week. But, as I said earlier in the week I am without my computer and am not a big tech person so it might move slower. But, I'm trying.

As for this story and several others...

1. I will be very interested to see where both of these appeals go. I think we are all pretty much anticipating the PV ruling to be upheld. But, will this appeal take place before the trial?

2. Re: Her going to jail. I think everyone is confident she will be going to jail on the PV. So...why not just go and get it over with? Especially if she is trying to do these movies. And, I'm sure the community service will take up quite alot of time (although, I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't get it done on time). If she's in jail NOW, and she will only have to serve what? like 20 days in jail? Just get it over with. If she's SUPPOSEDLY filming the Gotti movie in the Fall, I'd think she would want to ensure she's not in jail even a month beforehand.

3. The Middlebrook story. I'm leaning toward believing him. He said he accompanied her to court on March 10. So, there must be pic of this. I kind of doubt Lindsay would let someone go with her to court if he was her stalker. What's his profession? The way his website reads it sounds like he's loaded. The version from his website sounds like a very believable story. If he was really out to "destroy" Lindsay, he would have made up crap about her being loaded and drunk. Yet, he describes her as a "responsible" drinker (which, BTW, for an addict is impossible--but I should also point out that you cannot stop an addict from using if they want to use) and wishes her well. This doesn't sound like a guy who's stalking her or trying to create press.

4. I am interested in how the PV will influence potential jurors. I brought this up in the past. There are alot of people out there who are not following this story closely, and quite a few who don't know how court proceedings and furthermore, probation violations work. I guarantee you, some people will only hear about 40% of this story and hear...Lindsay sentenced to jail in her court case. I'm just wondering if this will subliminally influence jurors toward her guilt. Either way, they will hear that she got yet another infraction and that does not help you. You want to go into your trial without people knowing your previous convictions or violations. I will probably get attacked for this, but it's just something I am interested in.

5. I understand the felony/misdemeanor appeal will take place next week. I read the interesting stats The Truth put up on page 6 of this story. It sounds like 100% of these type of cases are overturned. I think her previous PV's will actually be the deciding factor here.

dreamon

Hi suza.

Where did you read the Middlebrook story? Thanks,

janet

Lohan is not getting the fanfare she want's. Lohan has already done what I call the concreat carpet.

Not to worry, her community service will be how Lindsay Lohan single handed brought whatever it is to the forefront, and whatever it is will probally get sued for it.

The jewelry store tape, only got $35 thousand, and this profits the store how?

Previous 15 Comments | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments