Lindsay Lohan -- "Blindsided" By Jail Sentence

4/24/2011 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If you were shocked Lindsay Lohan got sentenced to jail yesterday, you're not alone -- sources close to LiLo tell us no one was more shocked than she was.

0422_Lindsay_lohan_GETTY_EX2
Lindsay was sentenced to 120 days in jail yesterday by Judge Stephanie Sautner.  She was bailed out of Lynwood Correctional Facility after spending five hours inside.

Sources close to Lindsay tell us she was under the impression she'd be going home after the hearing ... and was "blindsided" when she got sentenced. We're told Lindsay described the situation as "ridiculous" and "f**ked up."

According to our sources, Lindsay spent her Saturday with her sister, Ali, and her brother, Michael Jr.

We're told Lindsay is glad she's not behind bars (for the moment) and is looking forward to appealing.

rosh

90291 30 minutes ago

Clark County Superior Court

Tried it nothind, Hey Harvey, I know you can ban me because I oppose you gay vies. Go ahead, I will return and coounsel will be on my side. Big brother - big bully can suck my ****. You and your posts are hatred fueld and you only care when a story supports you ***gott beliefs,

Ban me, I called you a ***ott because you are a mae bitch!!!! Try me and jail me, you'll wish you'd had not!!! All the best for GLAAD.

Later, PM mefor my addres so you can find me and jail me>>>>

Hot Farts

@rosh
I am unclear on what you are talking about

rosh

90291 less than a minute ago

@rosh
I am unclear on what you are talking about

Perfect cause it didn't apply to YOU so mind your business!

Snoogs

Hey rosh, you rude d-bag.. this is a public forum, or hadn't you noticed?

Carry on babbling.

rosh

By Brian Webber
Just in case you don't know, GLAAD stands for Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.

It's an organization I used to be in major support of, but lately, the leadership there as me very, very worried.

It seems that, according to some the more hardline gay rights actvists (like those Act Up losers, whom even the gayest of my gay friends call 'freaky and scary'), my Free Speech Absolutist attitude is 'homophobic.'

Sonja

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't make out his anti gay nonsensical babble...talk about bullying and threatening others.

rosh

voices logo top'obeisances before the written word'
spvoices logo bottom Writings Discussion Authors Help Search Home

What's wrong with GLAAD.
By Brian Webber

The fact is, GLAAD has been playing fast and lose with the 1st Amendment in recent years, and this bothers me. A lot. For examples the whole situation with Dr. Laura. Yeah, she's a homophobic, hippocritical bitch, but was the rather violent reaction to her comments about gays being 'perverted' really neccesary? For that matter, wasn't the boycott of her show and it's sponsors rather redundant? We always knew she was a pain in the ass. Why was this occasion where she bashed gays any worse than all the OTHER times she bashed gays? Because she was getting a TV show? Seems to me the GLAAD hierarchy was just media obssessed, not fighting bigotry. Besides, did ANYONE in their right mind really think her show would last? Liek I said, the boycott was redundant, becuase I knew from day one her show wouldn't last! And I was right. I knew she would be ****canned after the ratings were disapointing. And that was BEFORE the controversy. Face it, the GLAAD people were reading too much into the companies that sponsored her show. Did they really think the companies gave a dman about her stance on anything? Coors would've advertised on her show even if she called beer drinkers 'sub-human.' They only care about the bottom line. Money. How else can you explain the fact that many companies who advertise on PAx TV, a Christian network, also pay for product placement in Sex and the City and Queer As Folk? Of course I mentioned this during a gay rights discussion where the topic of banning Dr. Laura from the air came up. I alos suggested thta the best way to 'censor' someone is to simply ignore them. "If you hate her bile so much than don't tune into her show. Duh! You'll never ctach me listening to her BS, why do you put up with it? Masochism?" Boy did I wind up regretting that last word I said. I got painted with the homophobic brush so fast, I'm surprised Falwell didn't mistake me for one of his people. And many of those self-righteous annoyances were paying members of GLAAD!

But that's just the beginning of the end of my relationship with GLAAD. It got worse.

Next came the whole Eminem thing. Now, I like Eminem. Yeah he's an ******* but he's funny and he says things just to annoy people. Kinda like me in that respect. :-) Anyway, most gay people I know, including my sister, not only find him harmless but also enjoy his style. In fact I know of one gay man, a movie theatre projectionist, who was fan of Eminem BEFORE he hit it big! The protest outside the Grammys, the backlash against Elton John, and the more militant wing of the Gay Rights movement (people that even Rosie O'Donnel and Ellen DeGeneres can't stand) burning and destroying Eminem products (was I the ONLY one who was reminded of the Nazi Book Burnings when that footage was shown?) were WAY out of line! Frankly I amdire Elton John for performing with Eminem that day. And I also admire that man whose name I'll probably never know, who stodd in front of all the protestors with a sign that said 'Censorship is WORSE [Emphasis mine] Than Homophobia!' Thank you brave sir, thank you very much indeed! This brave young gay man dared to defy the people at GLAAD, and was more than likely emotionally reemed for it. He probably got death threats I would imagine although I have no way of proving it. I defending that man at another website, and was promptly verbally assaulted by many gay rights activists, incluidng people I THOUGHT were my friends! How dare I say that the 1st amendment protects homophobic *******s, they say. Well I didn't even dignify that crap with a response.

Next came a small, but still annoying, incident. When did criticizing a gay individual who happens to be a moron become a slant against the entire gay community? Most gay people I know are cool decent people but there are one or two who are just **** Ups by ANYONE's set of standards. And I publically made fun of these jerks (both of them) at yet another website I frequent. And subsequently, as with those other occasions, I was put on the verbal chopping block, by everyone but my closest friends, who lent me their support, but not on that site, but by way of private e-mails. And all becuase I called 'Ryan the Ticket Taker' a homewrecker, which he was (gay or straight, stealing someone else's significant other is WRONG!). :-(

Then came Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back in the summer of 2000. Now I am a fan of Kevin Smith and the View Askew stuff in general, and of the Jay & Silent Bob characters in particular. Anyone whose seen Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, and Dogma knows that Jay is essentially trapped in a state of perputual childhoos ignorance. Anyone familiar with the character knows he's not REALLY homophobic or racist. He's just a dumbass. Henlen's Razor: Never attribute to malice what can be easily explained by stupidity. But GLAAD threatened to boycott the movie for some dumbass comments made by the aforemetnioned Jay! Frankly the moive was kind of gay friendly because it contained a very funny, and very relevant scene where Dawson' Creek star James Van Der Beek rips into American Pie star Jason Biggs for homophobic comments he made. "Man you are such a homophobe," were his exact words. Eventually they didn't boycott, but only becuase they 'talked' Kevin Smith into giving $10,000 dollars to the Matthew Shepard Foundation. Now, it is a good organziation, and I'm sure Kevin supports them anyway. But what this comes down to is that the creator of two pop cultural icons was beaten up for his lunch money! This was the final straw for me really. I mean, the same director had been attacked by the anti-gay Catholic League for his last feature, Dogma. I agree with Kev who, on Politcally Incorrect suggested he should get a Nobel Prize for bringing these two organizations together under a common banner. :-)

For me, and my 'sister', although she's not a fan of Mr. Smith, this was the final straw. We just stopped supporting GLAAD, stopped attending rallys they sponsored, etcetera. Naturally I was accused of being a homophobe for doing all of this.

Then it hit me. This was an almost incident for incident redo of my falling out with the NAACP! And for that matter, with NOW! Of course with the national Organization for Women, part of my problem was theyy were alwasy focusing on some abstract cause and not acknowledging the problems of WORKING clas women, or Blue Collar Babes as a thoughtles chauvenist might call them. Anymore NOW sems more like your typical hand-greasing lobbyist group, lik big tobaco or the NRA, than an ACTUAL outlet for feminism.

At what point did these organizations that were founded to give minorities a fair shot at the big piece of the pie become run by a bunch of stupid dingbats who seem to think that just getting in the door isn't enough? Why is the leader of the NAACP anti-semitic? Why is the head of GLAAD apparently anti-Free Speech? WHY are all the staples of the liberalism of my youth going farther to the Right than an errant Greg Norman tee-shot?

top Talkback: Post Reply | View replies (18)

Writings | Discussion | Authors | Help | Search | Home
Copyright Notice | Privacy Policy | Contact
Site Managed with Conversant Site Meter

darcy

Rosh, as Snoogs say, carry on babbling but please learn how to spell and construct a proper sentence first.

rosh

Hey Harve and team, I'm putting this to reast, however, you hav my contact info to try and crush me. Go ahead, we will both WIN the difference is WHO has the most to lose?

I'm wating

deb

why do her lips always look so creepy close up? Infections?
Creepy critters? ugh????????????

suza271

that was 27 years ago. I never wanted to do it again---difference is that while on probation I refused to even jaywalk...would not violate no matter what!!!

@90291

This statement proves you do not have the disease of addiction. You may have been drinking to the point of an alcoholic, but you probably don't have the disease. If you can put something down like drinking or drugging and "never want to do it again", then you're probably not an addict. The problem with Lindsay is, she is an addict. And, she will cling to any type of substance if she can't have her drug of choice. She uses cocaine to get high, stay skinny and stay awake. And, then she drinks and probably uses either opiates or benzos to sleep. Generally people who abuse uppers need something to sleep. Lindsay LOVES vodka. I'm not saying Lindsay's drug of choice is alcohol, and Lindsay probably can drink sometimes and be fine...but it's a PROGRESSIVE disease. It will only lead her down that place of excess again. I respect your opinion, but I hope you will understand there's a difference between what you went through (which sounded like it was a struggle BTW, and I honestly do not mean to sweep it under the rug. It sounds like you are very lucky NOT to be an addict, or it might have gotten even worse) and what Lindsay is living with every day.

Get a Nose Job, please!!!

Lindsay gives new meaning to "Pure White Trash". She BELONGS in Jail. Who is paying her legal expenses? She and Charlie Sheen have the biggest Ego's in the world and why ???? They both must be retarded.

Hot Farts

suza271

Thanks ...I was told that I just never progressed it.

Hot Farts

@rosh

are u impaired in some way or do you have the wrong board?

dreamon

@rosh. Is your anti gay rant and support of Lindsay related in some way? Lindsay is a lesbian.

Previous 15 Comments | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments