Flavor Flav

Pulling the Plug

on Chicken Joint

4/24/2011 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Flavor Flav is pulling his name from Flavor Flav's Chicken in Clinton, IA -- saying his business partner "mismanaged" the place and the whole ordeal gave him "a bad reputation."

0424_flavor_flav_tmz_ex
Flav tells TMZ he had his attorney pull the license yesterday. He tells us, "I had a licensing agreement with Nick Cimino and that's all we had. It was his business to run from there and the business was not run right."

As we previously reported, employees were claiming their payroll checks were bouncing, which Cimino blamed on "a credit card glitch."

Flav also said the food was a problem too, telling us, "Let me be straight up with you, I went up inside there on April 2 and I found potato salad that expired on February 28. And it's then when I realized I can't do business with this man and I really hope no one ate those potatoes." Us too.

The experience couldn't have been all bad -- Flav is set to open up "Flavor Flav's House of Flavor" in Las Vegas next month.

JOJO

This doesn't surprise me at all. It's in Clinton Iowa. THAT in itself is a problem!

TMM

seems that both Flav and Cimino both didn't do their math very well before going into a joint venture. sad that they didn't do the research before things got outta hand. if Flav had partnered up with someone else in town, he might have had a chance. now all he has is a bad name in the area.

Anya

lol He looks like an old piece of greasy, overcoked, fried chicken!

Anya

oops i meant overcooked

tellmeaboutit

Just looking at him, not to mention thinking of that repulsive reality show he had, is enough to take my appetite away.

Big Jim Slade

Flava of sammonella.

FruitSalad

I wouldn't put anything in my mouth that had this clowns name on it.

Tracy

P-O-T-A-T-O not potatoe

NelsonH

Well that lasted a long time.

Charlie

That's how Nick Cimino runs his restaurants. He's been run out of every town he'[s opened his pizza joints in. Clinton is just the latest, after he ran out of places in Illinois. Flav was an idiot to trust him in the first place.

Charlie Sheen's Watch

This Fing idiot just exposed himself to some serious liability. That statement shows that he was on notice of the bad food and he did not take any steps to remedy the problem - instead he kept the issue to himself and "got out of the business."

Sorry bud, but when you are in business you don't engage in this kind of behavior you idiot.

You are a walking liability. This idiot is mentally incapable.

Look at the guy in the background pic - looking at this guy like he is ____________________.

Keith

Good for you Flav, I worked for the Ciminos for 3 years, they do not like to pay their employees, and they love to rip people off!
Flavor Flav Rocks!!!!!!!!!!

kathy

I believe it! Nick is a crook.... I believe payroll checks were bouncing... My roommate ran his ciminos rest. here in Rock Falls worked day and night to run that place.. Nick owes her over 10 grand.. and still til this day she has never been paid... Hes a joke and a crook....its unfortunate there are business owners like that...

bad people

I live in freeport and have worked for ciminos the people who are involved with flava flavs chicken, they have always ran business like that. ciminos are not good people, they didnt even pay me for a couple months. truthfully I could go on forever with negitives about them. TISK TISK Cimino family

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3