Oksana's Tape Expert Claims No Monkey Business

4/24/2011 11:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has gotten hold of Oksana Grigorieva's ammo in her war with Mel Gibson over whether her secret recordings were edited ... and O.G.'s expert claims they're the real deal.

0422_mel_gibson_doc_EX

TMZ has obtained a declaration Kent Gibson, a forensic audio expert who examined the 18 recordings from Oksana's computer -- 9 are voicemails from Mel and 9 are recorded conversations between Mel and Oksana.  By the way, check out the times the various calls were made -- interesting.

0422_mel_gibson_audio_tape_EX
In his declaration filed in the family law case and obtained by TMZ, Kent says, "In my professional opinion as a forensic audio examiner, I conclude that the recordings have not been modified, and can be considered authentic."

Oksana is pissed at Mel for saying the tapes were edited.  However, in Mel's interview with deadlinehollywood.com, when Mel talks about edited tapes, he appears to be referring to the tapes that were leaked in the media.  In other words, it's possible the recordings in Oksana's computer are pristine but they were later edited before going online.

1995 COMMENTS

1951.

diogenes

“Mel’s performance it is mesmerizing,” Golin said.

Best part of story.

1952.

chris

Also, that Golin guy says he was "tipped off a couple of days before the tapes were actually released".....now you would THINK someone like the DIRECTOR would have said SOMETHING to SOMEONE about the tapes being released.

To me it doesnt seem like Golin cared very much about protecting his talent and his film

1953.

little aussie reader

Hiya Sam :o)

1954.

TMZgossip

@ chris

could have been a tip off from either gibletz people or from foster

foster has also stated that she knew of the tapes being released just prior to them hitting ROL, if I am not mistaken.

1955.

chris

TMZgossip less than a minute ago

@ chris

could have been a tip off from either gibletz people or from foster

-----------
@ TMZg - thnx. didnt know that!

PS Loved your blow-fish and punch comment too (you're very funny BTW)

1956.

chris

@ TMZG - what are your thoughts on the lack of advertising for THE BEAVER? I live in LA and have not seen one billboard, one bus placard or one commercial for THE BEAV.

I'm wondering if the lack of advertising goes hand-in-hand with the fact that Foster and Gibletz and Golin all knew the tapes were being released.

To me it seems really strange to not hear ANYTHING about this flick.....since it's opening in LA in 3 days you would THINK they'd be advertising the hell out of it.

1957.

TMZgossip

now this is just my opinion

I think the studio fears that a huge advertising and widespread opening runs the risk of counter publicity from the anti-gibson faction.

by using a limited release & low-key campaign they are going to still get the diehard gibson/ foster fans... and will have the positive reviews to use for advertising between May 6th and the 20th

1958.

Curious

Howdy Folks :)

Re the ROL story - author made a slight boo-boo re garding when the recordings hit ROL, unless he meant when ROL obtained them. But ROL began releasing them July 1.

Re the "tapes tip-off" - Miss Jodie did mention she knew of them before they were released and the ROL story states Golin knew of them as well.

Re My Tuppence - I believe, having failed with the negotiations and follow-up DV extortion attempt, Miss Oksana then threatened Mr. Mel with the recordings going public. Miss Jodie, as his good friend, may have known about the recordings all along but Mr. Mel probably wouldn't discuss something like that with just everyone. However, once Miss Oksana made her "pay or I publish" threat, Mr. Mel was obliged to notify his producer that such a threat existed.

1959.

Curious

Gossip -
I agree with your opinion. They've been taking it slow, using the film festivals to get the reviews, using the interviews to push both film and Mr. Mel. After the May 6 release, they will be able to push the adverts with reviewer and audience reactions.

1960.

diogenes

This is the interview the ROL story was based on KCRW’s film show, The Business.

1961.

little aussie reader

Sam *waving back* It's ok, I'm in and out myself. Work keeps interfering in my life. How rude! LOL!

1962.

Majestik

Report TMZgossip 12 hours ago Yvette Vickers found dead
probably died a year ago
-----------

Okay, that whole scenario is bull****, I have one thousand and one questions of how, why, when and many more questions to her death. What a crock, as far as I'm concerned.

1963.

Majestik

Ira Black 8 hours ago I think TMZgossip confuses the issues. Look you're on one side or the other because facts are facts.
---------

Ira, no offense, but "FACTS ARE FACTS???" Are you serious, all we've gotten about this whole case is through ROL, RANCIND ON LINE, and TMZ, both of them are GOSSIP sites. We are to take whats been posted, sent to EACH gossip site and take that as "FACT?" Really. I have YET to get an actual FACT or an ACTUAL visual of what's going on and take that into consideration. I am NOT backing TMZg, in some of his posts where he calls people names but I can not sit back and have some accuse him of his posts based on "FACTS" We do NOT have that excuse.

1964.

Majestik

TMZgossip 6 hours ago he was saying "you were hitting me"

and Ira you're on glue if you think i've waffled on my stance here.
---------

LMFAO, you NEVER thought that was what he said, what was it you posted that you thought he said????

My whole point is, I'm backing TMZg up, don't care what the rest of you ladies think, he's been consistant and he DOESN"T back up Mel or Oxymanure so he's not ONE OR THE OTHER which this board DEMANDS he should be, he's looking at both sides of the card. TMZg, I'm really ashamed, even being the STAUNCH supporter of Mel that I am, that I didn't see both sides of the argument. No worries, though, I enjoy, really do, what you post. Umm, those posts where you seem to be nasty towards other posters I have to step back, but guess what, you say what you need to, and give your argument...

1965.

Majestik

chris 5 hours ago So the story posted by JWW (pulled from ROL) says the film opens nationwide on Friday...WRONG, it's a limited release May 6 - Nationwide on May 20th.

-------------

chris,

It's all about what is going to happen with the fans. It doesn't matter what's happened all this time between him and his whore, it's all about the fans and showing up the day, whatever country you are in, and making it worthwhile - in it's opening. IF the opening makes a 50 mil on the first day, then 100 mil over the weekend, it's ALL ****ING good. Just think to...

The Beaver opens on the 5th, the HANGOVER II opens on the 26th, we need to break THEIR opening day, and weekend LOL

Previous 15 Comments | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments