Lindsay Lohan: I'm the Victim of a Witch Hunt

4/25/2011 9:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan believes prosecutor Danette Meyers is on a "witch hunt" against her, and is praying the Deputy D.A. makes good on what she asked the judge -- drop out of the case.

0424_lindsay_danette_ex_tmz
Sources in contact with Lindsay tell us ... Lindsay believes she's become a living, breathing press release for Meyers, who is running for L.A. County District Attorney.

There are several flaws in Lindsay's theory.  First, Meyers asked Judge Stephanie Sautner Friday to remove her from the case.  Since the judge knocked the felony charge down to a misdemeanor, Meyers assumed the case would be transferred to the L.A. City Attorney.  But the judge noted the D.A. can still prosecute the case if it wants to ... so Meyers' request was denied.

Second flaw -- Meyers has prosecuted hundreds of big cases in her more than 2 decades as a prosecutor, and is extremely well-respected, so she really doesn't need a misdemeanor theft case all that much.

davey

do you have to pay court costs in the USA? all this appealing and appealing the appeal is making the US justice system look abit of a joke to be honest.

ronlee

Witch hunt my rear end.....she just cant stay out of trouble...I hope the appeals court denies her appeal and she goes to jail. Question...must her community service hours have to wait for the appeal, or must she start now...?

Barbarascy

Lindsay Lohan needs somebody who loves her to tell her the truth. There is no witch hunt and even if there was she brought all of this on herself. The common denominator is Ms. Lohan. Don't start nothing, won't be nothing.

kr

shouldn't this DA concentrate on oh MURDERS etc. They let murderers go but heaven forbid an $800 necklace get swept under the table despite the OWNER not wanting to press charges!

hezzer19

Nicole
about an hour ago
That is what i meant. The Judge said it could have been a felony because of Lindsay's past behavior and conduct but was giving her a chance and used her discretion to reduce the charge.

Nicole
about a minute ago
The press conference was ridiculous and saying this was a felony filing was a joke.

LINNOCENT

-----

So which is it then Nicole?

It's actually neither.

According to most written sources the judge gave Lindsay an "opportunity" because reducing charges for nonviolent defendants is common in more serious cases. However, she then went on to say ""I see her intent [to steal] and I see a level of brazenness," Sautner said, adding that a reasonable person would've returned the necklace immediately. Lohan waited 10 days before returning it, and only after she learned of an imminent search warrant to be executed on her home, Deputy District Attorney Danette Meyers alleged. "It was like, 'Let me see what I can get away with,' " Sautner said. (From People)

So yes, it was a felony which the judge reduced at her discretion.

Tell me, how much are they paying you to spout the company line all day every day?

Irish Pubes

@kr...they let murderers go? shut up you idiot...yes, they have a chance to prosecute murderers and they're instead focusing on lindsay lohan and letting murderers go...that's what's happening here. what a friggin dumbass you are.

themare

Ugh, In a way I feel sorry for her having to do the morgue thing. I am a farmer and let me tell you, you NEVER get used to the smell of death. It gets in your hair and in your lungs and that's all you can smell for a couple of hours. And I'm sure they will give her the nastiest jobs there. Even though I'm a farmer, I think I'd faint at the sight of a decomposed floater.

Nancy

Was Lindsay expecting someone (the judge, the DA) to (1) apologize for having put her through the pain and suffering of a trial, (2) award her the necklace (and other swag) as a gift, (3) and (3) throw her a parade? She's had plenty of "opportunities" from all the judges preceding this one. ENOUGH already!

hezzer19

I love SCH going from she "has a strong defense and we are confident that a jury will listen to the evidence fairly and acquit her." to Lohan was "doing a million different things," including texting, when she walked out of the jewelry store with the gold and diamond necklace she had tried on 20 minutes earlier.
Lohan was "more scattered than crafty," Holley told the judge.

And from "it was on loan" to "It's undisputed that Ms. Lohan walked out of the store with the necklace on," Holley said. The prosecution must show she had "specific intent to permanently deprive the store of that necklace."
Holley conceded that Lohan "did not rush to return the necklace," but she said it just "makes her not a very considerate or courteous person," but not a thief. (quotes from CNN article)

Even her own lawyer thinks she's a stupid bitch.

Lucky_130

I am going to drop more jewels of priceless wisdom on the whole subject of feeling victimized here for a second. I lost a really good friend in my dog Cujo last week, so to make myself feel better I listened to OJ Simpsons cassette "I want to tell you", and watched a marathon of the Osbournes on DVD. While watching the Osbournes I picked up on several things Ozzy said that brought concern to my attention, and I then re-looked into some of his lyrics. I have been a huge fan for the majority of my life , but have just become aware of how the Devil has used OZZYs music to his advantage. I can tell you OZZY is much much smarter than he looks, and here is where I get to my point. On his new album Scream he has a song called "Let it Die". In the song he has a lyric that says " I have played the victim, not the hero". Key word here "PLAYED"! OZZY knows he is not a victim, because on the Osbournes he had said while fishing with Jack that the key to success in anything is perseverance. Well Im going to "PLAY" the Hero here, and tell you that you are not going to get far in life if you let the music of OZZY OSBOURNE OR ANYTHING ELSE MAKE YOU FEEL AS THOUGH YOU ARE A VICTIM, AND THAT YOU ARE NOT IN CONTROL OF YOUR OWN DESTINY.

JFK said "It's not what your country can do for you, Its what you can do for your country". This is a very self empowering sentence in essence, and it is reminder that we all have a choice. Do we want to be a victim of cir***stance, or a force of nature that can rise above any setback?

themare

Lucky,

So sorry about the death of your dog. I know how devastating that is.

hezzer19

Lucky 130 I'm so sorry about your dog.

Ranna

I'm sorry but it is about time she faces responsibility for all the crimes she has done. This girl gets away with it because of who she is and she should do the time since she did the crime (any many more). She is a total mess and nothing in her life is going to improve if she keeps getting away with everything.

what an embarrassment to humanity

Interesting, Lindsay also thought the jeweler shop was “out to get her and use he name for self promotion” there is a theme here

Since she started getting into trouble years ago, everything was always someone else’s fault. If this is true, Lindsay has absolutely NO credibility. This woman’s life has gone from entertaining, to sad, and now to pathetic.

Lindsay: Just act like a normal human being while on parole and get yourself out of this mess. That is all you have to do. There are millions of people all over the world who live life every day without getting into any sort of trouble.

How embarrassing to be a young woman with means and opportunity and ending up with jail sentences. How gross and embarrassing. This girl is disgusting, with a massive ego. Total narcissist

xyz

Its amazing how sheeple still believe that LiLo has been the same person all around... She was imposter replaced before she hit 18 years old. Its up to u to compare her pics along the years. Mabe ull have a logical explanation for her neck that shortens or lengthens suddenly, her head changing its shape and so on.