Rebecca Black -- I Don't Wanna Be 'Friday Girl'

4/25/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Being forever known as the chick who sings that "Friday" song isn't as fun .... fun ... fun ... fun ... fun ... as it seems ... so says Rebecca Black ... you know, that chick who sings that "Friday" song.

0425_rebecca_black_TMZ_BN_01

13-year-old Black just gave an interview to the AP -- in which the singer says she desperately wants a career as a respected recording artist ... adding, "I don't want to be known as the `Friday' girl. Hopefully, I can be known as Rebecca Black and not the `Friday' girl."

Black -- whose smash hit has landed more than 118 million views on YouTube -- added, "I want to be a performing artist. That's what I've always wanted to do."

For the record -- Black recently locked down a 5-song album deal ... which means she's already light years ahead of the "Chocolate Rain" guy.

Rocco

How about posting some sales figures ? Big hits are not gauged on how many youtube hits you get, unless you have an advertising deal with youtube.

As far as a recording star, when someone this lacking in talent gets a record deal, it goes to show you how bad the music business is these days.

I am Spartacus

no one will even remember this girl a year from now. Apparently she hasn't gotten the hint that people don't like her song and don't think she can sing.

RobinPickles

Your next parental paid for attempt at making it in showbiz should be..

You can't always get what you want.....

memorize it.. you more than suck!

Your the Friday girl.. 15 min.. OVER!

Brian

"I want to be a performing artist." The sad thing is that she didn't realize that all those thumbs down on youtube were real. To be a performing artist you have to be an artist first. She can't sing at all and isn't pretty enough to make up for her lack of talent.

Big Daddy

I don't want to hear any complaining out of this girl. Everyone should have her problems.

John

13 years old and already a fame whore. Gotta love America

leafsfan1977

This girl wants to be a serious recording artist, yet she can't sing to save her life. The entire song is auto-tuned (which is designed to improve upon vocal ability). I'm sorry, but if auto-tune can't even make you sound good, then you really are that bad! I swear, hearing "Friday" makes me wish I was half-deaf rather than half-blind.

jo

She needs to go away. Enough already, that song is awful her voice is horrendous I make better sounds with my butt!!!! She should be banned from using the internet!!!! Needs a nose job too!!!

Rock Singer

My suggestion to RB would be...take the ball and run with it as far as you can. Then drop out of the music bizz ( the public has a short memory ) educate yourself and make a come back. Hopefully you'll have enough experience by then to come up with something new that people will want to listen to.

Good Luck

RS

tommyboy

SO WAIT A MINUTE.....Her family paid thousands of dollars to have this little girl who is completely untalented and literally came out of nowhere,to make a song and a video which propelled her into widespread fame and probably made tons of money from it and now she wants to overcome it and WHY? AND DO WHAT? She got what she wanted and probably even moreso than she deserved. This world is such a trip. I have never in my life seen such a ridiculous bunch of nonsense than todays pop culture. Go back to being an ordinary nobody because you are untalented and the only thing that got you known is the publics amusement. Somebody save this young girl from becoming the next Paris Hilton tragedy QUICK.

piratesrule8

She needs to learn to sing 1st..... Oh actually no she doesn't if other "music" acts these days are anything to go by.

Bubbajk

I guess when you are 16 those 15 minutes seem like forever - isn't she at 14 minutes 58 seconds?

Tim S.

Oh no, another Ke$ha.

M.Gordon

i actually really liked her song and i think that the bunch of you haters can have a cup of STFU.I bet the half of you are basement dwellers living with mom and dad working at Ihop and i bet none of you have any talent except the talent of Bullsh*ting about others.

I am Spartacus

m. gordon, did you trick your mommy into letting you stay home from school because she thought you were sick or is it spring break?