Rebecca Black -- I Don't Wanna Be 'Friday Girl'

4/25/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Being forever known as the chick who sings that "Friday" song isn't as fun .... fun ... fun ... fun ... fun ... as it seems ... so says Rebecca Black ... you know, that chick who sings that "Friday" song.

0425_rebecca_black_TMZ_BN_01

13-year-old Black just gave an interview to the AP -- in which the singer says she desperately wants a career as a respected recording artist ... adding, "I don't want to be known as the `Friday' girl. Hopefully, I can be known as Rebecca Black and not the `Friday' girl."

Black -- whose smash hit has landed more than 118 million views on YouTube -- added, "I want to be a performing artist. That's what I've always wanted to do."

For the record -- Black recently locked down a 5-song album deal ... which means she's already light years ahead of the "Chocolate Rain" guy.

bob

I can sure think of something I would like to stick in that mouth that would keep her from singing...

BETHANY

You were completely autotuned...thats not singing...anyone can sing if u autitune it..omg. guess i should go out and get a record deal then..geez.

Steve66

I use to love Friday, until she ruined it for me...now i have to look fwd to something else, saturday I guess...oh well thanks a lot friday-girl!

BusyBee

Look give the girl a brake Rebecca if you're reading this realize you have talent look past those evil, jealous, bullies. Keep doing what you're doing because you are AGE APPROPRIATE unlike Ladygaga, Britney, and others keep going
bet wishes busybee

asstird

I couldn't even get a job until I was 24 because of economy
and insinuating cir***stances. So my point is, shut the ****
up you ungrateful little bitch. Count your loses. I'm like
13 and I'm like in Jr. high and I like can't get people
to call me like Rebecca Black.

Kay

Well, at least the Chocolate Rain guy was genuinely talented. The reason she's "The Friday girl" is, well, she's so untalented and the song is so ridiculous that people can't help but to listen too it. And the only reason they listen too it is so they can laugh at it...

justaguy

She looks much older than 13...hell, i'd bang her!!!

Meanie

Tom-Kat want's his wife's face back.

Juani4life

Ok, people really need to get a life. This girl posted a song out of creativity and she is being bombed for it. WHAT THE HELL IS AMERICA ABOUT? Its suppose to be freedom of press and views, but this is probably the ONLY country who will condemn a young individual for having the cuts to post something she wanted everyone to see. Okay, so maybe she needs some singing lessons, maybe she needs to tutalige. But she had the guts to put herself out there for the world to see because she believed in herself. I say shame on this country. The song may be annoying, but you have to give her credit for having the strength to go after her dreams.

ciimonstr

Friday.., time to kick the sheets,
don't wanna hit seat, so i'll be discrete.
keep it real smooth, keep it on the d.l.
gonna pull some prank, gonna miss school,
gonna raise some hell, it'll all be real cool.

Mayhem, Mayhem,
it's all real fun, we'll just play real dumb,

...hush, hush!
..you know the rules.

ciimonstr

Mayhem, Mayhem,
it's all real fun, we'll just play(real)dumb,

hush!..you know the rules.
gotta take to the streets,
gotta get in the neighborhood,
gotta hit up town,
gotta take'm corporations down,

Friday Friday, ..hush! i mean,
Mayhem mayhem,
on the real down low,
it'll be a real good show.

ciimonstr

x. corp___ sub @ system.
meh_hem what ev.

Harveys boyfriend

If she had Dina Lohan as a stage mother maybe she would be a druggie like lindsay and her co-dependent greedy parents

chefadam

Same damn thing as Thursday girl!

Observerwwtdd@live.com

I LOVE this kid. She looks so happy singing this song. I hope she sells millions and makes millions.

For those people who say she is not an "artist" or a singer......where the hell have you been for 20 years?

Britney Spears??
Miley Cyrus??
Lady GaGa??
Katy Perry?

If sluttiness and big tits can lead to stardom (and I'm glad it does).....why shouldn't this little kid have a shot as well?

Observerwwtdd@live.com