Lindsay Lohan -- Grateful for Jay Leno

4/26/2011 9:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jay Leno won the battle for Lindsay Lohan because the actress feels "grateful" for the way he's treated her over the years ... sources connected with the actress tell TMZ.

0425_lilo_jay_EXD_TMZ_01

Lohan pre-taped an episode of "The Tonight Show" yesterday ... set to air tonight ... and according to reports, she received a standing ovation when she walked on to the set.

Sources connected to Lohan tell us she has been receiving several offers to appear on talk shows since she was sentenced to jail last week ... but chose Leno because, "He has been nothing but good to her and her family over the years ... and has always been protective of her."

Of course, Lohan was furious with Letterman earlier this year -- when the comic ripped her on his show following a booking fiasco.

Lindsay Lohan kept it positive during her appearance on "The Tonight Show" -- telling Jay, "I'm in the clear now. I feel like as long as I stay focused, then I will be able to achieve what I want to achieve."042611_lohan_today_leno_still

During the interview, Lohan talked about her sentence -- telling Jay she felt "kind of numb" after the judge threw the book at her.

Lohan also talked about the "Gotti" movie -- reconfirming that she WILL be playing the role of John Gotti Jr.'s wife.

Lindsay Lohan is backing up what she said on "The Tonight Show" because she's going to start doing community service this week.

Sources tell TMZ ... Lindsay will begin her 360 hours of community service at the Downtown Women's Center in Los Angeles this week.

Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Holley, was there when Lindsay was on the stage.  Interestingly, Holley's hubby, Dorian Holley, was also there -- he's the lead singer of the "The Tonight Show" band.

We're told the producer of "Gotti: Three Generations" was also in the audience to show his support.

Vegas Sightings -- Stars Hittin' the Pool!

The pools were packed this weekend in Las Vegas -- and the stars were all ready to show off their bikini bods!

0426_welcome_vegas_launch
"90210" star AnnaLynne McCord stepped out with her sister, Angel, for a bachelorette party for good friend Sara Oriolo at Wet Republic at the MGM. Fun fact: Oriolo is engaged to Kellan Lutz's brother, Brandon.

Rachel Bilson -- Black Bikini Babe

Former "O.C." star Rachel Bilson soaked her sexy pale flesh in Barbados over the weekend.

Rachel Bilson Bikini Pics

The 29-year-old was joined by her on-again, off-again boyfriend Hayden Christensen.

Celeb Card Sharks -- You Bet!

Don't let their good looks fool you -- these stars have some serious hustle when it comes to playin' poker!

0422_poker_people_launch_v2
Check out which stars know how to play their cards right!

Guess the Celebrity Brace Faces!

Can you guess whose pretty celebrity smiles are getting straightened out with a little help from some braces?

0426_welcome_braces_launch

Steve Wynn -- All Shook Up Over Looming Nuptials

Steve Wynn mocked his own wedding last Thursday in a faux ceremony where he dressed like the other king of Las Vegas.

0426_wynning_wedding_luanch_EX
Steve -- dressed as Elvis: The Later Years --  and bride-to-be Andrea Hissom road-tested their nuptials at Cupid's Wedding Chapel in Vegas.

The ceremony wasn't legal -- that will happen in grand fashion this weekend.

Check back ... we've got the "wedding" video on the way too.

Meet Sweden's Sexy Prince and More Eligible Royals!

Prince William will be off the market when he marries Kate Middleton this Friday -- but there's still plenty of eligible royals out there for the taking!

0426_welcome_royal_launch
Your dream of becoming a prince or princess can still be a reality -- check out this gallery of unmarried royals, including William's brother Prince Harry, gorgeous Princess Madeline of Sweden and sexy Prince Carl Philip of Sweden.

Celebrity Scramble!

Can you which little ray of celebrity sunshine was given a fancy facial scramblin'?

0422_scramble_launch

Drummer Roger Taylor in Queen: 'Memba Him?!

Roger Taylor is best known for playing the drums and singing opposite Freddie Mercury in the British rock band Queen. Guess what he looks like now!

0422_memba_queen_launch

TMZ's Wacky Wedding Photo Contest!

With the much anticipated super-stuffy Royal Wedding right around the corner -- we thought a Wacky Wedding Photo Contest was a must!

0425_wacky_photo_contest_2
So if you and your loved one had a silly ceremony -- or you tied the knot in a not-so old fashioned way -- email in a picture and you could score a $250 prize and some great gifts from TMZ!

**CLICK HERE for contest rules and regulations!**

jt hunt

Lohan looks like a 40 yr old crack w*ore

Greg

If Lohan thinks she got the book thrown at her by the judge, she is as dumb as she looks. Why she didn't get at least a year in county jail is beyond me. Also, how the judge reduced the Grand Theft of the jewelry down to a misdemeanor is also beyond me. Anyone one else would be going to trail for a felony and looking at State Prison time with her priors.

Tom

She is disgusting spoiled little rich girl. Guess she will have to kill someone before she gets what she deserves. Brave men and women are getting killed on battlefields around the world and this piece of trash gets headlines.

rebecca

What does she need a standing ovation for. She has done nothing to deserve it...

Sam

I used to be a fan and the first couple of times that she was busted, I thought no big deal. Now I see that she is a fool. Throwing a great career, in the garbage. I think she should go to jail but she won't ever change, she seems to be a sociopath.

Trish

If I or my friends were in the audience, I guarantee she would not have had a standing ovation. I find her to be a spoiled and willful "starlet". Enough already. She is a mess and her managers are doing what they can to rescue her sorry career. She is not, I repeat not a great actress. Just a spoiled former child star will awful parents.

bob

Did you see her going to court in that white dress. Wow. I had no idea she was so fine. All is forgiven. She can serve her sentence at my place.

Sam

Jay is like Barbara Walters, he would have Hitler on, if he thought he would get an audience.

Sue

Oh like some of you are sssssssssso perfect!!

AB

I guess Jay's late night croud must be hitting the bars before the show. To give Linsay any applause is incomprehensible. She is just a burden to our court system and to society as a whole. She deserves to serve serious jail time.

laughin@stupid

we dont care she blows hot air out her back end like the idiots in washington

Joe

Didn't this Lohan female get time in jail this time, like over 120 days? I know Ir ead that soemplace but maybe I've gotten it wrong? Anyway, it's damn good she is finally going to do soe time, like we ALL wouldhave had to do long ago if we had done what she has. So I kinda disagree with those who are still saying that a gudge didn't give her what she had coming, I believe one FINALLY did! What I DO agree with are the people saying how truly outraged they are by the publics reaction to this female and her actions! A standing ovation?!?!? I'm all for giving other some suport whan they need it but COME ON!!! I wonder, how many of those people who were standing, clapping and chearing for this female would do the same if it were you or I up there??? For some reason, many people today actually feel that being on the Big Screen suddly make those people better than the rest of us. Well, once these Big Screem people effect one of the publics loved ones they will FINALLY see how they are just people like the rest of us are, NOTHING special there!!! Hell, who knoes, maybe those STUPID people would be OK with someone like Lohan hurting/killing one of their family members??? That way they could go around telling all the people they know just how "special" they are now, how a "Big Screen" person hurt/killed some of their family and be soooo proud of that fact!!!! What the HELL is worng with people today??????????

ralph

More publicity for the " Poor Little Rich Girl". Better watch your wallet or pocketbook if you happen to be in the company of you-know-who. Of course I am glad that she is off the highways with her drunk driving to say the least.

defroh

Just a few hours in jail from a 120 day sentence? I have a feeling I know what she's doing with her mouth when she gets in.

Valerie

The right thing for both Lohan and Leno to do would have been to not have an interview. Of course that would not happen because it's all about viewers, fame, and money. She is essentially being rewarded for her behavior and will never learn her lesson if something doesn't change.