'Poetry Man' Singer Phoebe Snow -- Dead at 60

4/26/2011 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Grammy-nominated singer Phoebe Snow -- famous for her 1970s hit "Poetry Man" -- passed away this morning from complications of a brain hemorrhage.

Phoebe Snow Dead

Among Snow's main accomplishments -- she performed for President Bill Clinton in 1999 and sang at Howard Stern's wedding to Beth Ostrosky in 2008.

Snow famously put her music career on hold for many years to care for he daughter Valerie -- who was born in 1975 with severe brain damage.

Valerie was not expected to live past her toddler years, but with Phoebe's care -- she lived to be 31 and passed away in 2007.

A private funeral will be held for Phoebe in the next few days.

chrisg

RIP Phoebe. Now you can rest in happiness with your daughter.

Woot

Awwww.... how sad. I hope she's somewhere at peace and not suffering.

Wendy

Wow, I have her album and cd. She was soooo talented and her signature voice was amazing. I glad she shared her blessing with the world. RIP Phoebe :-(

Nadine Torres

I am in complete shock, and in tears at this moment, She was only 3 yrs older than me. This is why we cannot take life for granted. As a musician myself I loved her from the first time I heard her sing, she was a soulful singer and woman, My prayers to her family Descansa en Paz Phoebe love you 4 eva

T'ru Daniel Menilek - Current ro'sh-nabiy for Bete Yisrael

Soft, slow, long applause. Sleep in peace. We will continue to honor you with your sweet melodies and the memories of when we listened to them, still strong in our minds. Shalom, Sweet Shalom. Kiddesh is taken.

May the Adonai bless you and keep you.
May Adonai make His face to shine upon you.
May Adonai lift up His countenance upon you and give you his peace, in our Redeemer, Yah'shua ha Moshiakh. Ameyn.

Enough said.

Elane

Phoebe Snow I appreciated her talent, her voice! She was my prime favorite singer! Her music still means so very much to me! Her muse so deep, so penetrating!

I am heart broken about her death! I so wanted her to rebound, to come back to health and life!

I bless her memory!