Trump Questions Obama Birth Certificate

4/27/2011 6:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is already taking the credit for getting Barack Obama to go public with his birth certificate ... saying, "I'm very proud of myself" ... but adds, "We have to see if it's real."

Obama Birth Certificate

Moments ago, Trump said, "Today I'm very proud of myself, because I've accomplished something that nobody else has been able to accomplish."

Trump added, "I want to look at it, but I hope it's true, so that we can get on to much more important matters ... he should have done it a long time ago."

He continued, "I am really honored, frankly, to have played such a big role in hopefully, hopefully getting rid of this issue."

As for the actual document, Trump added, "We have to look at it, we have to see ... is it real? Is it proper? What's on it? But I hope it checks out beautifully."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Karmic-Vengeance

its totally fake cause of all the hooplah they doctored one up..betcha it isnt period paper and the ink is fresh!

croc

where the heck is the seal? a 25 yr old getting a 17yr old preg?

Karmic-Vengeance

was thinking the same thing croc.kindda sick ha.

Glynn

Donald Trump is an idiot.

Sandi

It shows Husseins father is a Muslim African and his mother is a non working hussy.

lona

croc, thank you. that is exactly what I said "where is the seal?" I think it is fake and they totally forgot about the seal. Hope the Donald catches it

Patricia

Honestly.. Birth certificates don't mean anything.

My brother has legal government issued birth certificates stating he was born in the united states, and in mexico.

gigi

TRUMP IS AN UNPATRIOTIC *******. I wish he'd lend this much concern over national healthcare or saving Social Security...

Dawnette

Trump is sooo dumb and just likes to waste time!!! I have a Certificate of Live Birth!! Is he saying I am not an America!??!!? Guess what... that is what the Alameda County of CA issues!!!

UGH!!

Is Donald Trump serious? Maybe the nation should investigate if his HAIR is real!! Please go away!! This nation is dealing with way more serious issues than worrying if the do***ent is real. If Donald really wants to help, why doesnt he put his money where his mouth is and support all the programs to help benefit our troops. Donald - GET OVER YOURSELF!!

Mama Gump

Obama referred to Trump not by name but as a "carnival barker." Obama also said, "We do not have time for this kind of silliness."

If these statements are true, why did Obama preemptively go live on TV to refute Trump's charges at the exact same time Trump was holding a televised press conference in Portsmouth,NH?

But, if Obama's mother was an American citizen doesn't that make her children American citizens?

Darla

Of course Trump will question it. Can you imagine this guy as our president? He's crazy! And Trump carrying "the football"? He'd push the button if someone questioned his hair! And can you just imagine how many people that pissed him off would be audited by the IRS?

D.

Ya know...I don't care for Mr. Trump, he's a blow hard, but he's right he did manage to get the President to release the do***ent. Something that should have happened two yrs ago...The President wants to talk about the distraction, well he has no one to blame for that distraction other than himself. He could have ended it in 2008 but decided to push his way through...Ya know I'm not sure if it's "real" or not...I am sure it can be examined. While I do not think Mr. Trump would make a good president....I konw that Mr. Obama has been less than steller. It's time for this country to have a leader with the stones to take care of the problems...

Lisa

croc, you are uninformed. Seals do not exist on original birth certificates. They are only imprinted on the certified copy you receive when you pay your $5 (or whatever the fee is in your county) to obtain a copy of your cert.

Dislike Obama all you want for whatever reasons you want. But he was, in fact, born in Hawaii.

Imagine if you had to "prove" you were born in the U.S. If the exact same criteria that the birthers are using on Obama was used on every single U.S.-born citizen, we'd all have to leave the country!

anony

Even Trump isn't stupid enough to believe that Obama wasn't born here.
The only reason he joined the birther idiots was for the attention.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments