Trump Questions Obama Birth Certificate

4/27/2011 6:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is already taking the credit for getting Barack Obama to go public with his birth certificate ... saying, "I'm very proud of myself" ... but adds, "We have to see if it's real."

Obama Birth Certificate

Moments ago, Trump said, "Today I'm very proud of myself, because I've accomplished something that nobody else has been able to accomplish."

Trump added, "I want to look at it, but I hope it's true, so that we can get on to much more important matters ... he should have done it a long time ago."

He continued, "I am really honored, frankly, to have played such a big role in hopefully, hopefully getting rid of this issue."

As for the actual document, Trump added, "We have to look at it, we have to see ... is it real? Is it proper? What's on it? But I hope it checks out beautifully."

Vesna

DONALD DUCK OOPS TRUMP IS AN FAST TALKING - CON ARTIST!IF IT WASN'T FOR HIS FATHER THAT HELPED HIM OUT HE WOULD BE SORTING THROUGH GARBAGE CANS IN NYC. HIS IQ IS OF A COLD POTATO! THE MAN IS STUPID AND I MEAN STUPID. HE CHEATED ON EVERYBODY THAT CROSSED HIS PATH HIS WIFE HIS INVESTORS YOU NAME IT. HOW MANY TIMES DID HE FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY PROTECTION??????? AND HE CALLS HIMSELF A GOOD BUSINESSMAN. AND THIS IS ALL JUST FOR MONEY AND RATINGS FOR HIS STUPID SHOW - MONEY MUST BE GONE SOMEWHERE,. HE MUST BE OUT OF MONEY THIS IS DESPERATE CALL FOR ATTENTION.,

Zoe

This could all have gone away a long time ago if Barry had followed the law and proven without a shadow of a doubt he was born in the U.S. He created the aura of doubt, not Trump. Now I want to know who paid for his college - the Muslim Brotherhood?

Springbank

TRUMP IS A JOKE. MARK MY WORD HE WON'T RUN. HE IS A POSER!

Ozzie X

I lost my birth certificate a year ago and requested a new one and got it in the mail faster than it took Obama to produce one ahaha!

SquareBiz

Who in the hell does Donald Trump think he is??? This clown is proud of himself for what?? Making the President of the United States take time out from running the raggedy country to go public with a birth certificate! I'm almost 40 years old and I don't remember any other U.S. Presidents being questioned about their birth certificate. I guess if your name is George or Bill we just assume everything is up to par. This country is STUPID!

Jackie

Who cares? Obama already is your president Trump...so what is the certificate gonna do? boring my azz

CFBARB

Donal Trump is blowing smoke. He has been married 3 times and has filed bankruptcy at least 4 times. My question is why is the President's birth certificate an issue in the first place. Were other presidents required to show their birth certificates? We are at war with young men being killed; gas prices are high with the oil companies making high profits; people are unemployed and losing their homes. A budget can't be balanced. Our educational system is poor. There are third world countries where children are better educated.Why aren't people interested in any of these issues or any larger issue of some substance?

jxtr

If Dump Trump releases his real birth certificate, it will state that he was born in HELL.

Patty

Donald Trump aka "Carnival Barker"

drew

For those of you who think it is a fake birth certificate are obviously not educated! Get a life! Trump is a chump who owes more money than he is worth. How many bankruptcies Donald?
You are as fake as your hair style. Show the world the truth Donald and show us how bald you really are and how weak you really.
Remember "The Donald" "thick hair equals strength and Bald is weak"! Those are your words Baldy!

are>

Sarafina

Obama is a U.S. citizen, plain and simple. Trump needs pay more attention to his wife and young son rather than this idiotic mud-slinging campaign.

Elle0375

Next thing you know Trump will be doing travelling freak side shows with Sheen. They make a good pair, they both think they are much better that they really are.

patty

TRUMP is noting but a bully. He needs to get a life. He cannot handle when someone says anything negative about him...

Hate this guy!

jxtr

Will anyone in the media ask Dump Trump about the phony university that he set up? And why there were thousands of complaints about his phony university? And why over 20 states were pursuing legal actions against his phony university?

Mikey

Obama spends a couple of million dollars trying not to have his records released and then caves in to Donald Trump. Obama loves to piss money way.