Trump Questions Obama Birth Certificate

4/27/2011 6:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is already taking the credit for getting Barack Obama to go public with his birth certificate ... saying, "I'm very proud of myself" ... but adds, "We have to see if it's real."

Obama Birth Certificate

Moments ago, Trump said, "Today I'm very proud of myself, because I've accomplished something that nobody else has been able to accomplish."

Trump added, "I want to look at it, but I hope it's true, so that we can get on to much more important matters ... he should have done it a long time ago."

He continued, "I am really honored, frankly, to have played such a big role in hopefully, hopefully getting rid of this issue."

As for the actual document, Trump added, "We have to look at it, we have to see ... is it real? Is it proper? What's on it? But I hope it checks out beautifully."

danno

I'm so sick of all this garabage. I consider myself an independent, but if the extreme right continues with this counter productive crap I will NEVER vote republican again. NEVER. Never,ever.
And, as long as I'm venting, I'm still waiting for the great trickel down theory to start working - as our country's debt continues to rise and the ultra rich continue to pay less.

David

Well, what's CRAZY is that the state of Florida require's people that have had drivers license for year's in the state to NOW produce a birth certuficate again.
However, OBAMA does not have to produce one to become President??????? And I agree, I would bet that it's one he had made up. Being in office, I know he know's enough CROOKS.
Awful funny that Obama talks about not having time for TRUMPS silliness, but he HAS ALL the time in world to make B Ball boards and take vacation's every other week and to go on Oprah right after making that STUPID statement. Obama and his idiot's are AFRAID of Trump. But ALL of the Liberal idiot's are trying to make him out to be a racist b/c he stated that Obama did not do well in his first college but was then admitted to Harvard & Columbia. YOU IDIOT'S, if ANYONE of US had poor grade's, we would NOT get into Harvard or Columbia.
It is SAD that now that the WORST President that we have EVER had is in trouble in the Polls and the PEOPLE have now found out that he really is an IDIOT, now we are ALL RACIST!!!!!
YOU are ALL the JOKE

Sher

Donald is hiding is fear of people of colors other than is own behind this "birtherism" garbage. Obama is the only president who is not "as white" as the other presidents. He is the only one to be pressured into releasing info NEVER requested of any other "white" president. He is also the only president thus far to be denied the lifetime service of the secret service after he leaves office. I believe that people are focusing on this instead of outright saying they don't like having a black president and they are simply racist. They need to focus on his track record if they want to rip him. He is a politician after all. Also, if this was such an issue, why didn't Trump jump on the bandwagon as soon as Obama was elected to office? And why isn't Trump using more important issues as his platform? I would gladly take Obama or even Sarah Palin over Trump!!!!

TaxiGirl

I can't believe what a blowhard Trump is, taking credit for the Obama birth certificate now. That certificate was available to see 3 years ago--I found it myself on the net, like a lot of others had. This is not the first time it's been seen, duh, Donald! The more Trump opens his mouth about trivial things, the more he is messing up his (small) chances of running for office. Who would vote for him anyhow???

Otto Hoffman

Here are some videos that prove that Obama's long-form certificate "birth certificate" on the whitehouse website is fake.

LISA

TRUMP IS UN STRONZO DI MERDA'' HE LOOKS LIKE A ZOMBIE SO DOES HIS DAUGHTER''

sue

Trump is very wise here. It has nothing to do with being racist. Why hasnt any of Obama's "Hawaiian friends" from school come forward? Where is his picture(s) in his school year books??? They can't they find a single teacher who taught him in school??? There hasn't been one person from Hawaii who has come forward to actually have seen him, known him, or befriended him while growing up in Hawaii!! Trump definitely has a legitimate point!

monica

Trump is full of IT.Now it's his grades. Was he good sudent?Always looking for something.He should call Bush #1 and ask how did Bush #2 got into Yale.Oh yeh right , his DADDY made a phone call!

Trump is the only one trying deceive people with that comb over! Let's see his grades from from law school--- oops his father did not make the call!

Meanchick

Trump didn't get our President to do anything! The birth certificate was released years ago and that didn't suffice for many undercover sheet-wearers and so they drummed up this 'seal' thing. My original birth certificate doesn't have a seal, it has my baby footprint on it! The 'seal' is on the one my parents paid for later! OMG! You people are sooooooo transparent! It doesn't matter because it was NEVER about the birth certificate. Trump is ready to have a BF because Obama=Black Man got into the Universities that he couldn't get into! WHO is HE to question Obama's college transcripts? AS IF! The rest of the world is laughing at us!

pkitty

Please tell me that you guys are not seriously thinking of making this fool your next president? He'll be selling your country on EBay to the highest corporate bidder......how disrespectful is this big money man....he shows no respect to the president of your country....how much respect is he going to show you as "common citizens"??? You think the "Trumpster" gives a rats ass about the common man....please. All I can say is that we Canadians send our condolences......and that we have a good immigration policy here....your welcome anytime as long as you believe in universal health care, gun registration, religious tolerance and abortions :) Your welcome anytime :)

mike

I think Trump is making some really good arguments on many issues out there. The economy, wars, etc. I hope he runs for president.

CAROL

Grow up Donald Trump...your attacks on our President is very, very inmature and makes me wonder if you have nothing better to do with your life.

Obama will win the 2012 re-election in a landslide. We love him and support him....

Why don't you find something else better to do...grow up and get some class....

OBAMA IN 2012 .....ALL THE WAY ....WE LOVE YOU BARACK FROM YOUR FRIENDS IN ILLINOIS....

Made it Past 27

LOL HE IS SO MODEST! BUT ITS TRUE, HE IS THE ONE WHO GOT THE PREZ TO RELEASE IT. IT IS SKETCHY, WHY DIDNT HE DO THIS A LONG TIME AGO.

emerald

Wow!! Someone finally got Obama to produce a birth certificate lol? Wouldn't it have been far simpler to just kill off the conspiracy theories being bandied around when he became President and permit his birth certificate to be seen then before the furore set in?
As for it's legitimacy, it probably is legit, but as I recall one of the main arguments that was brought up at the time was that at the time Obama was born you could be born in Kenya and a birth certificate issued in Hawaii after the fact lol!! So in effect the fact the birth certificate showing Hawaii would be meaningless and the doctor is dead and can't confirm that he actually delivered Obama into the world lol!
Personally I don't care what color he is, so he's the first black President, so what, so what when the first woman is made President! The only time I'd consider it an achievement is when the first Native American was elected President - that I would PAY to see lol!! After all, everyone else is just an immigrant who stole the land of the people already living on it, brutally butchered and murdered them, then stuck them on reservations with very few rights!
As for whether Trump should run for President, it's a novel idea but he's got a couple of t.v shows and some business's to run hasn't he lol?! I don't think Trump would be happy to just basically be a p.r man for the real decision makers in power, he'd expect to be able to make decisions not told he can't lol, it would be good to see the fur fly when he stood firm though lol!! Would he get elected, probably not, but you can call him a fool all you like, he's a damn wealthy one and has the great ability to make money, he could care less about your opinion of him lol!

emerald

Carol I have to disagree, it's not about his color which is what got Obama in last time, he was portrayed as the black JFK, it's about the decisions made while you are in power! His election promises have been broken and the financial, economical hardship that most countries are undergoing has hit the US in a big way! Obama is never getting the landslide support he did before, too many people of all races are unhappy with his handling of the Presidency and the hardship it's brought them! That is JMO though, everyone is entitled to their own and to disagree!

Previous 15 Comments | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments