Trump Questions Obama Birth Certificate

4/27/2011 6:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is already taking the credit for getting Barack Obama to go public with his birth certificate ... saying, "I'm very proud of myself" ... but adds, "We have to see if it's real."

Obama Birth Certificate

Moments ago, Trump said, "Today I'm very proud of myself, because I've accomplished something that nobody else has been able to accomplish."

Trump added, "I want to look at it, but I hope it's true, so that we can get on to much more important matters ... he should have done it a long time ago."

He continued, "I am really honored, frankly, to have played such a big role in hopefully, hopefully getting rid of this issue."

As for the actual document, Trump added, "We have to look at it, we have to see ... is it real? Is it proper? What's on it? But I hope it checks out beautifully."

Mithras

what a pompous ass. can't stand trump.

Jon

well there it is.. I was wrong.. I figured he did not have one myself, his middle name suggest middle eastern but all its all good. I think they have been holding this up their sleeve for a long time waiting to play it. Waiting for a sucker who is going to make a run at NOBAMAS seat and call him out.. Well trump was that sucker and called him out and got sat down..

I don't like NOBAMA because he lied to everyone during his campaign, just like the rest of them

Mikey

Trump questioned why Obama spend $2 million dollars trying to hide his records and then gets Obama to release his birth certificate. What a waste of $2 million dollars. And all the Obama supports are mad at Trump! They should be angry with there nit wit leader, record unemployment, double gas prices, inflation going through the roof, other counties no longer respecting America. But Trump ask Obama to release his BC and thats what Obama supporters are angry about. lol!

Butterfly

HERE IN FLORIDA, we are very familiar with these things called, reptiles or, better known as snakes, that slither along in our grass until it finds a human to sink its poisonous fangs into until, hopefully, forced to surrender its prey, one way or another. This is Donald Chump, exactly! He has emerged as America's most popular gossip against anyone he dislikes and refuses to let go. In earlier days, women would hang the family wash on clotheslines in the backyard and then take a little time to "gossip" over the fence with her neighbor. How sad his bloated wallet has failed to offer him pride, dignity, respect for himself and, above all, "class." Presidential material? I think, not!!!

Keith

I will agree that President Obama should have had this release the moment his birth because an issue. That is simply the kind of transparency he has promised. As for the comments about the seal and other issues I am sure that the investigation by both parties, the press, and lurkers have already vetted the information well before it was released.

As for Donald Trump. I can only hope that the American Public recognizes a promoter when they see one. Trump is an excellent self promoter and moderate business man. It remains to be seen if he can withstand the scrutiny of the political process. I sincerely doubt it. But, at least it will be more interesting than the Palin show. Good showmen do not make good politicians, good leaders, or serious representatives.

Embarrassed American

NO Lady, the race card? That is what this whole thing is about - Obama's race. And it is the Tea Baggers who have kept the race card out there - front and center - for the whole world to see - having a Black commander in chief must keep you up at night - you still have 6 more years and fter that, Hillary. Get used to it.

ricky wallace

In 2004 Obama was running for Sen,the AP.reported that a KENYEN born cetizen would win the race because the Rep drop out and he ran uncontested.So it was the AP that got the people wondering about his birth place.so dont blame the Rep party blame Obamas ass kissers the AP.

MariJoy

I don't like Trump, can't quite put my finger on it, but he just makes my skin CRAWL...
Oh, plus he's an obnoxious windbag.

Jane

Trump is an IDIOT....

c

So glad you're proud of yourself, Trump. No one else is.

CrashAndBurn

What Trump should be asking is if Hawaii is really a state? Answer that and you'll answer his citizenship status.

Darla

Me, mine, my, myself, I, I, I, me, me, me............it's all about "me". Trump must not have gotten enough attention as a child.

Mikey

Donald Trump is worth $7 billion dollars. He knows how to build companies and understands the economy. Obama likes to spend other peoples money like its play money and obviously understand nothing about the economy.

c

Um, N.O.Lady, how exactly do you know they're not invited? Are you their personal secretary? Didn't think so. I'm betting you're an embarrassment to all your friends and family.

Syl

BOYCOTT ALL Apprentice shows.. This clown needs to GO FOR GOOD!