Homeless Women Theater Group: GIVE US LINDSAY!

4/28/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan might soon be stagebound -- because TMZ has learned, there's a theater program at the homeless shelter where she's doing community service ... and they want her bad.

0427_downtown_womens_shelter_lilo_ex

A rep for L.A.'s Downtown Women's Center -- an organization for nearby homeless women -- tells TMZ, the theater workshop is extremely interested in having Lindsay contribute her talents when she kicks off her 360 hours of community service this week.

The workshop is called D.I.V.A.S -- which stands for Dames Investing in Very Authentic Storytelling -- and it consists of approximately 15 women who meet two hours a week ... to learn how to express themselves through writing, performing, and the spoken word.

Lindsay hasn't been assigned to a particular workshop ... yet --but we're told she loves the idea of working with the D.I.V.A.S. program ... and thinks it's "a perfect fit for her community service."

mannequin

That's wonderful! I've said in the past that perhaps she should go quietly far away and start a children's theater group. For those whose passion is acting and need to be onstage, this is perfect and actually contributing to society. I hope all works well, I'm sure those ladies are excited.

themare

And Shawn Holley will keep dragging this thing on until the Lohan's run out of money (if they haven't already). That's what lawyers do-make money for THEIR firms. Danette Myers and Shawn are FRIENDS. They do lunch together and hang out. With lawyers it's a "win or lose" game against each other at their paying client's expense. Until Lindsay says, "Stop! Enough already!" Shawn will continue dragging this thing through the courts for years, raking in the dough.

Harveys boyfriend

I have also visited the vibrant L.A.'s Downtown Women's Center
and Lindsay should not be allowed to play in the group acting like a DIVA and lounging around some theater playhouse.

This whacked out cracked out young lady needs some down and dirty physically demanding community service..not some fluff girl role in some local theater troupe like Charlie Sheen attempted in Aspen after being found guilty of abusing his baby mamma Brooke..

bunny

D.I.V.A.S how appropriate of a name.

kitty

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a joke right? People don't care about your "talent" do some real work helping people!

electriczipper

do they also have a homeless womans bowling leauge

Stiletto

Of course LiLo wants to go there...everyone knows homeless women have the best drugs!

jack-55d79

I'm just s glad I've never being forced to partake in such a thing. I'm sure it's really good and helps people. But the idea of sitting around expressing yourself offends every British cell in my body. Start there and the next thing you know you've bought a Dream Catcher and start thinking scented candles are a good idea. It's probably very good therapy, and I think they're doing something worthwhile/therapeutic, but I think I'd rather do the prison time.

Harveys boyfriend

Electric zipperhead meets electric Ladyland great job ,nice ink cowboy ?

Marilyn

I think it's a great idea!

How long will it be until she punches out a women DIVA
in that group?

Then she will have to go straight to jail asap no more monkeying around with community service!

andyconda

she will show her skills on stage, and the homeless women will have a reason to hate her also.

Mikey

Teaching the homeless to act like idiots.

jbeans

I thought community service is a punishment? Will this skank ever pay for her crimes?

Blood Red Witch

Hey andyconda!!! Missed you!!! Come visit in the chat room soon.

As for this story, meh, just a way not to to anything real and sure those women are excited. Sell another lie lowhans.

DANA

Sadly she will get a rock star treatment and she wont touch anything but drinking few coffies and smoke 1 box while talking with other people. She will never learn.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments