Dreamworks Movie Artist Charged in Fatal Dog Beating

4/28/2011 4:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A visual effects artist who worked on several Dreamworks films like "Shrek" faces more than 4 years in prison -- after he was accused of beating his neighbor's puppy to death ... with a hammer.

0428_dreamworks_movies_BN

According to law enforcement, Young Song -- who also worked on films like "Kung Fu Panda," "Shark Tale," and "Madagascar 2" -- allegedly entered his neighbor's backyard last week ... and shot their 16-month-old German shepherd with a pellet gun, before beating it to death with a hammer.

According to the puppy's owner the act was caught on surveillance video.

Song pled "not guilty" today to one felony count of cruelty to an animal, and one count of misdemeanor petty theft of a dog ... after he allegedly dragged the mutilated corpse from his neighbor's yard.

Song was arrested yesterday and bail was set at $40,000. He is still in custody. His next court date is May 26. Song's lawyer Nicholas Okorocha had no comment.

Woot

I would be heading straight to prison RIGHT NOW if I were in his presence. YOU HORRIBLE, USELESS, WASTE OF SPACE!!!!!

There are particular punishments reserved for filth like him. And I'm read to administer it.

Woot

Why.... that's less than a hop, skip and jump from where I live....

I'd hammer him in the morning.
I'd hammer him in the evening.
All over this land!

YOU BASTARD! I can't even stand to think about this, it hurts so bad.

MusicMaven

What a sicko-psycho...a Monster! Fiends who are cruel to Animals are ALSO a danger to People! Definitely, isolate THIS one from the herd...

Oh yeah, and never let him work on ANYthing where his sick, evil mind could influence -- POISON -- children! (Hear that, Dreamworks?)

Ivana Tinkle

I'm speechless. This heartless bastard deserves to die. That's it.
I tried looking at things in a humane way, but I can't -what he had done is unforgivable!
Give me 5 minutes with this coward and a hammer. He'll wish he'd never been born!

Arthur

If he beat a human to death no one would care

GRYFFINDOR!

ZB about an hour ago
They say Song has 3 dogs of his own as well as chickens... they said the dog was muzzled but not tied...possibly there is a hole and the pup was going under the fence getting chickens...there is a vet that works here in my town who did that...he killed his neighbors dachshund with a mallet for attacking his chickens.

Wow by vet do you mean veterinarian??? I hope no one goes to him anymore. He's supposed to be a dog lover! I can understand if he had to defend his property against a pit bull, but a dachsund?? He couldn't just...I dunno... pick it up?

twilightmom

@a friend
I do apologize, as the dog WAS muzzled, but untied. He had also dug the hole under the fence. But, still he was muzzled. How did he "attack" Songs dogs? He couldn't have.

And for others using the "he was probably born in Korea, and that's what they do". Well, he should learn that that type of behavior is NOT acceptable here.
Anybody thinking that poor puppy deserved it, is a p.o.s. themselves.
Poor baby was probably wondering what he did wrong. )o;

angelchinky

how HORRIBLE,what a d0uchebag. -.-

myliverhurts

People crying over the poor little animal. Get over it. Happens everyday.

LeperC

We should send people like this to the gas chamber instead of to prison where we have to flip the bill.

BeeJoyous

There is absolutely no justification for a violent attack. Hey, I hear frigging pounding noise from car stereos at all hours of the day but I don't go out and hammer the sub-humans who disturb my peace.

PokerStar

I am glad the victim had the sense to install a security camera, otherwise this idiot might have gotten away with this.

Who knows what has already transpired between the two and their dogs? I'm happy to see he was booked and charged for the crime. What a sicko.

BeeJoyous

Would you please get the SPAM off here.

Harveys boyfriend

people can be sooo cruel.

It has been said you can learn a lot about a person by the way he/she treat animals.

just ask Charlie and carface they'll tell ya ,"all dogs go to heaven"

Crystel

What was this man thinking? He was probably working on something at home and the puppy was barking and he decided that he didn't want to hear it anymore. Pathetic. You know damn well that puppy had a painful death - first shot then killed with a hammer. Wonder how many times he hit the puppy with the hammer before the puppy gave up and died. Then bail of $40,000 and he was still in custody (which meant, since he's famous for his work, a chair in the breakroom) cuz he didn't have $4,000. Then to plead not guilty when it was on camera? Smart guy.