Tornadoes Jeopardize Lauren Alaina's 'Idol' Votes

4/28/2011 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lauren Alaina fans are in an uproar -- worried she might get cut from "American Idol" tonight ... because of the deadly tornadoes that ripped through the South last night.

0428_lauren_ailana_EX_01

One friend said, "It would be a travesty if she was taken off the show because of an Act of God" -- and another added, "I do believe the weather should be taken into consideration when it comes to the voting."

One friend who was outside the damage zone tells us she voted more than usual for Lauren ... and made online appeals for others to do the same.

Will it be enough to get Lauren into the top 5?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

diogenes

280 people died in those storms. Votes for a singing contestant hardly seems a priority.

Made it Past 27

Georgia was awful last night. Tornado sirens went off several times. Creepy loud winds and lightning I had never seen before.

Sonja

I agree jww.

Made it Past 27

Who watches this crap anyway? Its horrible. Worst show on television.

andy

" Lauren's hometown of Rossville, Georgia -- population 3,500 -- was devastated by the twisters ... leaving most homes without power, land lines, or mobile phone service.

Now Lauren's friends and family tell TMZ they're concerned because Lauren's main supporters couldn't see the show and weren't able to vote. "

Ummm, . . . sounds like a few people need to have a reality check, and adjust their priorities ! ! !

God

I know that you all believe in me and my ways down south. If I made it so that you cant call, she is not supposed to win. That is all for now, my sheep.

KRL

Her hometown is devastated by tornados and a friend says, "It would be a travesty if she was taken off the show because of an Act of God".Where in the bloody world is this person's head? I would be talking about praying for all the victims of these natural disasters. Telling the country to support the Red Cross efforts that would be there. Not whining about the possibility of my friend losing in a singing contest.

joeygirl45

I agree with Sonya and jww! Wow... I'm sure the votes are not a priority for her right now...or at least I would like to think so.

Abe

Tough s#!t Lauren. That's show biz. You have to learn to live with things like this.

x

croc

well other than the fact that she isnt worried about those 3,500 people,,she does however have a point here..but you just cant stop the shows voting because of acts of god somewhere where you dont get the votes coming in..

Stephanie

Aside from people dying being more important than American Idol, I believe this girl stuck her foot in her mouth by saying, "It would be a travesty if she was taken off the show because of an Act of God," because as far as I see acts of God are usually pretty good reasons for why things happen the way they do.

Huh?

She's a GOOD, not GREAT singer, and I think that, tornado or not, she should be in the bottom three regardless after last night.

two cents

Yes, because after hundreds of people getting killed in these storms, it's VERY important to be able to vote on american idol. I hope she loses, just for the fact of the arrogance shown from her fans. WTF is wrong with these people? Maybe they should change the name to American Idiots!

Chaz

"One friends said, "It would be a travesty if she was taken off the show because of an Act of God" "

"one friends"

Really TMZ?

Yep(s) just one friends.

KJ

Unfortunately, idol will not take into consideration the weather. If you remember, when Jennifer Hudson was voted off so many years ago, she had sung "Circle of Life" and did an amazing job. It was her best performance of the season, however in her home town of Chicago the power was knocked out by extreme weather which obviously affected her votes and she was voted off the next night (in fact) Fantasia was in the bottom three that week. Apparently the storm effect her votes because she later went on the win the whole thing. Latoya London was also in the bottom three that night. She too had an amazing voice and great performance but it didn't matter. Jennifer Hudson was voted off and later won an Oscar for her amazing voice. It would be aweful if she gets voted off, but it has happened before and the weather wasn't taken into consideration, so you can't expect them to this time either. Hopefully Lauren has enough fans across the country that will kick in enough votes to keep her on. She is a great talent.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments