Meredith Vieira -- Leaving 'Today'

4/28/2011 3:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Meredith Vieira is stepping down from her gig as co-host of the "Today" show on NBC ... this according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Meredith Vieira Leaving Today Show

Vieira will reportedly remain on the show until June --- nearly 3 months before the end of her contract.

According to the report, Vieira will be replaced by newsreader Ann Curry ... and correspondent Natalie Morales will be bumped up to Curry's old spot.

As TMZ first reported, Vieira -- who took the gig next to Matt Lauer in 2006 -- wanted off the show for a while because she hated the early hours, has a husband who is ill and she's making plenty of money doing her syndicated game show, "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire."

kris

I can't watch Anne Curry....She is horrible. I turn the channel when she is hosting for Merideth....booo.

always

Wow her face is really showing her age.

dd

Bring Katie back Anne is too touchy, feely. Her husband disease gets worse over time perhaps he needs her more now..I think he has MS.

CrisDizzle

One word advice to Meredith: BOTOX!

dd

@Debra she is a great reporter, way before the View she was a reporter for 60 minutes.

Physical Graffiti

Why is it that news people "step down" from their jobs, but regular folks like us "quit" ours?! She's not stepping down...she's quitting!
No shame in it!

JT

Ugh, Ann Curry is the WORST! She stumbles through all her reports, has zero ad-libbing skills, and does that phony fiercely passionate whisper thing when she wants to convey sympathy for the people she interviews. Between this tragic casting mistake, their blasted royal wedding coverage, and the fact that they wheel out that befuddled bag of wind to congratulate centenarians and jelly every day, I'm totally over the Today Show.

Harveys boyfriend

you go girl stop by the newsroom sometime the guys luv ya..

lady

Are you kidding????? ANN CURRY......No way will I watch. Put morales in and I'll stay, but no ann curry.

Markie

Ann should have had the job in the first place!

moe l.

Is that Leatherface???? Or just some old hag?

Royal Watcher

Ann Currey? I'm out.

sunshinerad

Her looks left before she did.

Where's KOOKY?

I'm sorry to see Meredith leave "Today." I admire her strength and the fact that she married her husband Richard, knowing beforehand that he was battling MS.

Ann Curry as her replacement is a HUGE mistake, in my opinion. Like others have said, she constantly stumbles over every story she reads and it's beyond annoying. My choice would be Natalie Morales, by far! But I'm sure NBC is sticking with AC for fear of her jumping to another network if she doesn't get the co-anchor job. No loss to NBC if she did!

I'll still watch "Today" if AC gets the spot, as I detest "GMA" and everyone on it. But...if AC gets on my nerves, then it's off to the morning cable shows I go!

Alexa

What a mess! She needs to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!( face, neck, chest)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments