Ex-Menudo Member Diagnosed with Cancer

4/28/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robi Draco Rosa -- a former member of the Latin boy band Menudo -- has announced he's been diagnosed with cancer.

Robi Draco Rosa Cancer
Rosa's manager released a statement ... explaining how doctors discovered a cancerous tumor in the singer's abdomen, near his liver.

The 41-year-old singer is currently receiving treatment at a clinic in Houston, TX.

Rosa joined Menudo in 1984 and stuck with group until '87. After the boy band years, he struck gold working with Ricky Martin -- writing and producing "Livin' la Vida Loca" and "She Bangs."

StevenB

He is an exceptionally talented songwriter. I have four of his solo albums and while I admit I can't stand one of them - just too much harsh, grinding guitar for my personal tastes - he gets tons of credit for not just doing the same thing every time out but exploring wherever the muse takes him. Pop, salsa, rock, dance - could be anywhere.

I particularly like his lyrics. Sure there are the catchy but repetitive pop anthems like "La Vida Loca" but then there is also entire "Songbirds and Roosters" album, though I think the spanish-language version "Frio" has a few more shades of depth and nuance. Not lyrics for the lazy or empty-headed there.

melba zulueta

oh no so sad 2 hear that news he is my favorite during our time 1984 to 1987 get well soon robi im ur avid fan here in the phils. i hope and we pray for ur recover and have a long life for his children ang his wife. coz i know how i feel when my mother gor colon cancer. we love robi get well soon and shalom!

Okay

He still gorgeous. I use to have posters of him cover my room walls. My prayers are with you.

Angelina Montes

deseo que te recuperes pronto que dios te bendiga.
tu admiradora Angelina Montes.

Urban Jibaro

I used to always joke that I did not like him, but that was only because he was the menudo that was picked when I auditioned in 1983. I think he is an amazing talent.

wenggers

MENUDO were god's when i was still young...
speedy recovery robby

Juandiego NIvelo

Mi novia y yo Estabamos tan anciosos por escucharte tocar en vivo en el BB King en NY este Julio, hasta cuando nos enteramos que el concierto se habia cancelado, estabamos muy tristes, pero no tan tristes cuando supimos el motivo. :'( Hermano, voz y tu musica lo puenden todo. La ciencia esta aqui para curarte, pero tu musica, el espiritu y toda la pura buena vibra de nosotros tus fans y tu espiritu, estamos aqui para reirnos de ella y y vivir la vida! Te veremos tocando pronto Poeta virtuoso nuestro! ;-)

SALLY KISH

I HAD 2UNCLE AND A COUSIN HO DIED OF CANCER TIS PAST YEAR I FEEL SAD LOVE SALLY

Lisa Weiner

To Robby Rosa,
I watched you perform with the latin group Menudo and I thought you were great! I thought you did a great job as Rico in the movie Salsa. I want to wish you a speedy rcovery. Lisa Weiner

Sergio

Daniel 4:2
Conviene que yo declare las señales y milagros que el Dios Altísimo ha hecho conmigo.

Jeremías 33:6
He aquí que yo les traeré sanidad y medicina; y los curaré, y les revelaré abundancia de paz y de verdad.

Hechos 3:16
Y por la fe en su nombre, a éste, que vosotros veis y conocéis, le ha confirmado su nombre; y la fe que es por él ha dado a éste esta completa sanidad en presencia de todos vosotros.

Hechos 8:13
También creyó Simón mismo, y habiéndose bautizado, estaba siempre con Felipe; y viendo las señales y grandes milagros que se hacían, estaba atónito.

Hebreos 2:4
testificando Dios juntamente con ellos, con señales y prodigios y diversos milagros y repartimientos del Espíritu Santo según su voluntad.

Hechos 4:30
mientras extiendes tu mano para que se hagan sanidades y señales y prodigios mediante el nombre de tu santo Hijo Jesús.

Sergio

Kathy

Please get well soon Robby! I've been a fan since 83, and was lucky to see you at Dorney park. I would like to mail you a card, does anybody know an address?

Mary

Que el Señor te de fuersa para seguir adelante, Dios te bendiga

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3