'Two And A Half Men'

On the Chopping Block

4/28/2011 12:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There's a 50/50 chance "Two and a Half Men" will not come back for a 9th season ... people connected with the production tell TMZ.

0224_thm_EX
There are certain things we know for sure ...

-- Charlie Sheen will NOT be coming back to the show
-- Chuck Lorre has a plan for re-tooling the show, but no deals with replacement actors have been made.  In fact, no offers have even been put on the table.
-- A decision on the fate of "Men" will be made before May 18.

The Hollywood Reporter says Lorre is thinking of beefing up Jon Cryer's role and bringing a new actor onboard to replace Sheen.  H.R. is saying some of the candidates are Woody Harrelson, Jeremy Piven and Bob Saget.

One well-connected source tells TMZ, "There really is a good chance the show won't come back."

Stay tuned...

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

Hans

Dear Mr. Lorre,
My I suggest a way to go around the whole 'replacing' Charlie issue?
In the fitst episode of THE new season Charlie dies in a car crash.
This gives plenty of stories of (ex)girlfriend friends showing up..maybe some kids too?
But the major surprise is THE appearence of a guy who claims to be Charlie's half brother and claims the house by just moving in and staying
This guy let's call him Chuck has very much the same characteristics of 'old' Charlie.
This makes believes hè could actualy be Charlie's half brother and think of THE stories that could be make around Mother Harper
Food for thought?
No charge for The idea, I just want THE series back.
Thanks Mr Lorre
Hans

Matheuslaville

Não tem jeito charlie fez um ótimo papel nesse serie e vai ser impossível achar alguém melhor que ela para esse papel...

dot

Forget it! Charlie Sheen cannot be replaced. You can beef up Cryer's role, but the show will never survive without Sheen.

Arlene Hadley

I agree with Yup, although Aston Kurcher is an interesting idea.

Bonnie

No Bob Saget, Woody Harrelson or Jeremy P, he needs to be a good looking, funny, wise ass, like Sheen, younger would also be good, and draw in even more fans, the Charlie charecter was just to absorbed in the bottle, on the show and in life, the drinking and hangovers etc, etc are fine, but there was a time when Sheen had crossed over too far and it was obvious, Kutcher would make a great half brother and open up so many possibilities for many further shows, keep all other actors in place, it isnt nessesary to kill Charlie, it is a comedy, have Charlie and Rose run off, she will not be much of an asset with out Sheen, also Courtney Smith and her son were great charecters as well. With Kutcher on board, this show could go a long time.

Kim

My Husband and I are 55, my Mom is 80, my son is 26, we all love two and a half men, however although Charlie was great, the drinking, puking useless slob who fell on good times not by talent but by luck was getting a little old, the charecters, Allen, Jake and Berta have always been the A+ charecters, please keep them as they are, Ashton Kutcher is by far one of the funniest charecters to come along in a while, he will probably keep it as funny of funnier than it has been in the past, remember this is a comedy.Dont go all 8 simple rules on us, if you cant keep it funny, drop it.

peter kudren

Lorre and the other egotistical money makers do nor care about their loyal fans. They are so into themselves that they kiss us off. What arrogance . I happen to be one of many million who would sit with my wife and laugh and laugh. This show is one of the greatest in the history of TV. A feel good of great writing and acting. Perfect And what do they do because their feelings have been hurt is to take that joy from us. I'd like to wake up in the morning and just to feel good slap Lorrie in the face. Not hard but enough to say shame on you.

Darrell

won't watch

Barbara Morris

My choice for a replacement of Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men is Harry Conick Jr.

Malcohm

I looked forward to each new eppisode and still watch the re-runs. I am saddened with the possibility of the show being cancilled. Charlie can't be replaced! I find him better than his father "Martin". There are many possible spin offs from re-runs, e.g. when Charlie thought he was going to die, i.e. the funeral episode. There was the question who would get the house.

felix mbizvo

no one does charlie sheen like him removing trom two and half man will affect the show and it SUCKS l cant imagine me watcthing two and half man without charlie in it

Kala

I am waiting for the 9th season of Two and Half Men, because if ashton is the new guy i think it may be just as good....

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16