'Two And A Half Men'

On the Chopping Block

4/28/2011 12:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There's a 50/50 chance "Two and a Half Men" will not come back for a 9th season ... people connected with the production tell TMZ.

0224_thm_EX
There are certain things we know for sure ...

-- Charlie Sheen will NOT be coming back to the show
-- Chuck Lorre has a plan for re-tooling the show, but no deals with replacement actors have been made.  In fact, no offers have even been put on the table.
-- A decision on the fate of "Men" will be made before May 18.

The Hollywood Reporter says Lorre is thinking of beefing up Jon Cryer's role and bringing a new actor onboard to replace Sheen.  H.R. is saying some of the candidates are Woody Harrelson, Jeremy Piven and Bob Saget.

One well-connected source tells TMZ, "There really is a good chance the show won't come back."

Stay tuned...

Jodi

I have watched 2 1/2 Men since day one and to be honest, Charlie was never the show for me. I got a kick out of crazy Rose, their mom and Jake when he was little. Even Berta and Judith made me laugh. Always thought Alan was a wimp though.

Charlie role was made for Charlie so I'm glad Chuck is retooling the show to bring it from another angle, after all the show is called 2 1/2 Men not The Charlie Sheen show.

I think they should go with a an up and coming fresh face, someone a bit younger than Charlie, nice looking but not so much a womanizer.

I hope they try something and bring the show back. Who knows, it could be better than the original.

IsIAreIsMe

lol.............fart

Butterfly

PLEASE, DROP THE SHOW! Too much unfavorable history to be reminded of!!! Mr Lorre is a talented writer who can come up with another excellent show. Guaranteed!

ReadEmAndWeep

If the cast and crew and Chuck Lorre can make Charlie Sheen amusing and entertaining, they could do the same for a door knob or a light switch.

Sheryl

Jon Cryer carried the show. He is a great actor!

Sheryl

I think Robert Downey Jr, would be an excellent replacement for Charlie.

Stupid People Hater

It needs to end. You cannot replace a main character like that and have the show be as good.

jbeans

Chuck Lorre is an ass and I hope he goes bankrupt!! I will not watch the show with out Charlie!!!

ccl

have only watched earlier episodes (reruns) but I could see it retooled with Woody Harrelson as a airhead cousin from the midwest and have Alan and Jake as his 'tour guides' for the California lifestyle.

Cinderf*ckinrella

Testing, Testing, 1,2,3.

Tina from Toronto

Charlie Sheen made the show funny! Bring him back! No one can replace him.

pap rat

On the NEW 2.5 your fired staring donald trump as charlie sheen THE DONALD has a encounter of the 3RD kind and has aged for some unknown reason charlie now trump starts fireing everyone and starts being the report card and birth cert POOPOO AKE the POOLICE and harvey of TMZ is living in a beach shack behind the sheen now trump house beach shack TMZ harvey is living on cats that he beats thier heads in he`s a cat killer eater and he`s buddies with trump/now sheen.The new your fired 2/1/2 charlie trump is humpin everyone wosrt then the old sheen and he is seeing things like disney cartoons in his head in seethough overlays on the old reels and he can talk back in time to the old sheen and ahead in time to when he is presidenta But he can`t remember his real name or self image so he carrys around a mirror all the time and tals to himself and those disney floating cartoons he also works at TMZ as the new harvey for some unknown reason as the real harvey beats cats heads in and eats them on the beach in huge TMZ cookouts.The kid starts killing cats also and bertha puts them all away untill trump busts her into cartoons of her old bits in the past than the old charlie starts to come back from the past in those cartoon rerun rewrites but he is locked up and fired again by thrump now president of CBS NBC ABC and the USA.

Heidi

Good. Tired of hearing about Charlie, Charlie, Charlie!! Let him rest in his own mess. Go off into the wild and live your life Charlie....be happy. Away from those of us who do NOT need a nut-case case to escape our normal life. You're yesterday's news....leave it there!

Marty

Replace him with "Martin Sheen" for one episode. Just tell the truth that he was on a binge for a couple of months and he aged, then at the end have Angus run out claiming Uncle Charlie is dead, end of show!

I won't bother with it even if they brought Charlie back. I have better things to do with my life like pick the lint out of my belly button!

Pointer Sister

I'd love to see Lindsay Lohan as their sister...