Lara Logan -- Attackers 'Raped Me With Their Hands'

4/29/2011 4:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

CBS reporter Lara Logan says she thought she was going to die "a torturous death" when a mob of 200 to 300 men attacked her news team in Cairo in February ... an attack in which Logan claims several men, "raped me with their hands."

0215_lara_logan_BN_Getty_02

Logan just spoke to "60 Minutes" about the terrible incident -- in which she explained, "Our camera battery went down, and we had to stop for a moment, and suddenly, Bahar [her cameraman] looks at me and says, 'we've got to get out of here."

Logan continued, "I thought, not only am I going to die here, but it's going to be just a torturous death that's going to go on forever and ever and ever."

"For an extended period of time, they raped me with their hands," says Logan. "My clothes were torn to pieces...what really struck me was how merciless they were. They really enjoyed my pain and suffering. It incited them to more violence."

The attack took place on February 11 -- the day Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak was driven from power. Logan says she was eventually saved by a group of women and several Egyptian soldiers.

Logan claims the "60 Minutes" interview -- which airs on Sunday -- will be her ONLY interview about the attack.

CDS

How could a few soldiers and some women save her from a mob of 200-300 men? Phony story from a woman with a reputation for lying.

lanie

Look.

That was YOUR choice to put yourself in that situation.

You thought you were going to tease the guys and they turned on you??

Oops.

Maybe next time you can skip the part where you act like a whore in front of ment that you do not know???

Same with Natalee Halloway.

WT F did she expect with those boys doing body shots all over her and no backup friends at that bar???

Hey. Most times you iudiots can act like fools and then walk away.

But every once in a while - it's your turn to find trouble.

Fine.

Go have your "fun". But don't complain when it gets out of control and please don't complain that men will NOT listen when you say NO.. after you said YES.

That is ignorant.

It is naive.

And if you think that you are ENTITLED to be a fool because the law says a man has to STOP - then you all need to wake the EF up.
====================

You think because I went to the beach and wore a bikini - that I deserved to be thrown onto a trampoline, have my bikini ripped off of me and get groped by a bunch of violent, perverted s*** bag men? I never acted like a wh/re.

I was at the flippin' beach - trying to get a tan and enjoy the ocean. Am I not allowed to do so without the risk of getting molested? Do you think all women should be banned from beaches and fun water activities which require a swimsuit?

I am older now and your words don't hurt me, which I am sure was your intention. Go ahead and defend gangs of perverted, violent -s*** bag molesters all you want.

I did NOTHING wrong, besides thinking I could go to the beach with my friends and have fun.. and not get degraded in that manner.

Dudeee

Im very sorry that this happened to her but the way she is describing it is as if the rest of the worlds rapist DO show mercy during the act. Come on now. And how convenient that the camera dies when the "real news" takes place.

Fred Farkel

"I hope you never have a daughter who gets put into this situation..maybe then you won't be so callous and a jerk.

You're obviously a sexist, misogynist pig..and it wouldn't surprise me if you participate in this type of behavior as well.. since you're defending it."

__________________________________________________________

Just so you know - my duaghters put themselves in this position several times a year.

So far - they have not pulled the short straw.

But sooner or later they will.

OH TRUST ME - THEY WILL. And I have already told them that I will not even go to the hospital afterward to pick them up.

They are idiots and I have told them directly to their faces.

IDIOTS.

And yes. I AM a misogynist and PROUD OF IT.

But no. I happen to be the man that will step up in a crowd like that - allow YOU to get away - and get then MY AZZ BEATEN INSTEAD.

And then I will come BACK the next day... I will call YOU an IDIOT and you will call ME a misogyist pig.

OK. Fine.

But no one will CALL ME STUPID.

messygirl

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for these journalists who voluntarily go into volatile situations and war-torn countries all for the sake of getting a good story and then cry because harm came to them.

sam

I don't really understand why TMZ allows some of these posts on the web. Surely you have moderators ? why would you allow anonymous cowards who don't use their real names make offensive comments about a woman who was raped ? It's not a story debating the merits of Lindsay Lohan's fashion sense.

Chaz

Scott 3 hours ago

I hope all of the men who raped her DIES!!!!!!!!!!!!
My little sister was raped,and she is dead. All rapists should fry in hell!!!!!!!!!!
***********************
Maybe some therapy instead of airing your dirty laundry on TMZ?

As far as this Lara chick, its hard to have sympathy for someone who wantingly puts herself in that position where there is known unrest. They dont like women and she is right in the middle of it. She is an educated person, she should know better. If she's doing it for the story... well then you have given up your rights to being protected.

A little common sense would have avoided the whole situation.

They dont like Americans. They dont like Women. What part of this equation does she not get?

If its raining and you dont want to get wet... dont go in the rain.

Superman

I don't believe anything that this lying, fame-seeking, adulteress says!! Yeah, what coincidence that the cameraman was replacing his battery at the instant that she was attacked. Yeah, right. And the CBS '60... minutes' interview will be the ONLY interview that she will give. That's because her story is BS!

thomas

I bet the tourism industry in Egypt has totally collapsed since then.

Fred Farkel

I am sorry SAM.

But someone has to stand up and tell you fools that Gloria Allred will be NOWHERE when you really need her.

Oh she'll be there afterward to say BAD MAN BAD MAN... but HELLO - McFLY???

Look at the price you just paid for being stupid.

piratesrule8

Most of you people are sick. Blaming the reporter for putting herself in a dangerous position and saying it's her own fault rather than condemning the people who commited the crime.

I hope none of the females in your life ever get raped... It's partly these attitudes which cause the conviction rates for sex crimes to be so low.

CrashAndBurn

@ sam

They have moderator's alright. They even deleted the very first comment on the page next to my other one I made referencing her to employing BlackWater as a her security team next time she goes out to an unstable country to report news. But, I guess TMZ don't like Mercs that actually get the job done regardless if they put too many extra holes in s*** bag rapists.

MP

Once again, this coming from the religion of peace. What a farce.

obama'saracist

she is an idiot for going into that kind of a mob.they use rape as punishment to infedels

Vernon P. Alarcon

Maybe attention hore Gloria Allred will return with her to the scene of the crime to lecture the men about appropriate behavior in public, morality, and the law.

Those men probably kept smelling their unwashed fingers for days!