Lara Logan -- Attackers 'Raped Me With Their Hands'

4/29/2011 4:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

CBS reporter Lara Logan says she thought she was going to die "a torturous death" when a mob of 200 to 300 men attacked her news team in Cairo in February ... an attack in which Logan claims several men, "raped me with their hands."

0215_lara_logan_BN_Getty_02

Logan just spoke to "60 Minutes" about the terrible incident -- in which she explained, "Our camera battery went down, and we had to stop for a moment, and suddenly, Bahar [her cameraman] looks at me and says, 'we've got to get out of here."

Logan continued, "I thought, not only am I going to die here, but it's going to be just a torturous death that's going to go on forever and ever and ever."

"For an extended period of time, they raped me with their hands," says Logan. "My clothes were torn to pieces...what really struck me was how merciless they were. They really enjoyed my pain and suffering. It incited them to more violence."

The attack took place on February 11 -- the day Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak was driven from power. Logan says she was eventually saved by a group of women and several Egyptian soldiers.

Logan claims the "60 Minutes" interview -- which airs on Sunday -- will be her ONLY interview about the attack.

mar1ey

Keith,

Don't get ALL of your news from TMZ. Read globally and you will know that she was sodomized and raped repeatedly. They also used their hands and objects. She had internal injuries from this attack and was in the hospital.

shelley

What a horrible ordeal to have been through. I don't care why or where she was this is a horrific act and I wish her nothing but a speedy recovery both mentally and physically. No one should be blaming her.

To all you thinking it's not a big deal, stop and close your eyes for a second and imagine three hours of people shoving their peni$', hands and other objects up in you...absolutely disgusting. How would you like that to you be your mom, sister, wife, daughter? Show some sympathy.

HermannMaier

It is no surprise that the assualt happened only after the batteries of the light went off. In the muslim world, violence against women happens in the dark and behind closed doors, and its only allowed t beat them in a way that doesnt show publicly. Its forbidden to hit them in the face.
Publicly, muslims will portray themselves as peaceloving democrats. And deny any muslim involvment in violence, including 9/11. Instead they often support conspiracy theories that makes the victim being accused of self-inflicting the damage. In case of 9/11, George W Bush is accused. In this rape instance, im sure a lot of blame is layed on Lara Logan.

WhiteTrashRoyalty

Sounds like on hell of a Muslim frat party,I have different accounts of the evening some say fingered some say fisted, some say tens, some say hundreds, some say rape some say consensual.
Anyone know the real story, got any pic?

jason

I feel for her and I am not someone who believes in Rape of any type..
But, I have to say what the hell is wrong with the WESTERN NEWS AGENCIES bosses and reporters... It should be a no brainer when you go to these MUSLIM countires around the world DRESS DOWN = no makeup and for Goodness sake either cover your hair or dye it black, wear baggy outfits.. it's SIMPLE but we are so caught up in our own Society we think everyone wants to look like us, we want to look pretty and be all GLAM UP .. WAKE UP when you go to ANOTHER country do as and dress as they do. end OF STORY...

LindaJay

There is no excuse but many think they were hugely offended because she did not bother to cover her head. I have seen American correspondents showing respect by observing that country's customs...not being on American soil.

Marty

In a Muslim country you can only claim rape, as a woman, if three or more men witnessed it.

In the U.S. I call that a gang rape!
Isn't Islam the greatest ever?
I am being sarcastic.

ashli

ok um 1st of all.....the only reason god made us attracted to the opposite sex is so we can reproduce.... when you get to heaven i doubt you have the same bodily attractions/ feelings towards opposite sex of other souls lol...... im pretty sure God duznt sit back n watch us all have sex with virgins. these ppl...... are..... just.... ignorant men who only think with their penises. and very, very, selfish thinking when they get 2 heaven God gives them all these ppl n ****. you cant even get to heaven if your selfish...... and after sex w the 30 virgins or whatever (which im sure hypothetically speaking would last a few days....) then what? big whoop you had sum sex w sum virgins. im sure they didnt think u were all that. and now ur nuthin. congrats....

Robert

I don't know what happened to her there but this part -> "Logan claims the "60... Minutes" interview -- which airs on Sunday -- will be her ONLY interview about the attack." <- really puts me off. Hyping it up.

Sandy Jay

mar1ey, can you provide some information about where you got this information?

Marty

Quote from Sandy Jay;
"mar1ey, can you provide some information about where you got this information?"

Oops, I actually made a mistake...it takes 4 men to witness a rape...

"This kind of thing arises from the Qur'an's requirement that four witnesses are required to establish a sexual crime, i.e., adultery, rape, etc. This is the Qur'an's chapter 24, where it unfolds this way: in verses 11-20 Allah furiously castigates a group that has “brought forward a lie” (v. 11) against a chaste woman, without producing four witnesses (v. 13)."

How's that sweetie?

Marty

I thought you were asking me for the info I gave up the thread, My mistake.

scott

She is so sexy, I'm surprised it hasn't happened to her sooner. Too bad they didn't get video of it or at least some pics.

pepperelf

To all the lowlife women haters posting here, including the obvious posts by men with 'names' pretending to be women to add some sort of credence to there retard comments. Rape doesn't show power, it shows inferiority. None of you will ever have a loving, intelligent woman who wants to be in your lives. Because you are stuck in the old 'wink and nudge' mentality of the past. You are so angry that women don't need you (and they don't want you). Women in the United States have been acknowledged as being every bit as intelligent and hard working as men for some time now. Other countries have or are starting to acknowledge the same. Secure men know this. Sorry, the rest of you mouth-breathing, knuckle-draggers, your time has past!!!!!

chefadam

Wow, I have traveled to many countries like this and now live in Thailand. First thing i learned was to respect the culture and to learn about it. Buddha must be held high. Never show the bottom of your feet while sitting and the such. Its absolutely horrendous what happened to her but CBS never should have let this go down. Where were the armed security that could pop a few rounds off to get here back, Why was a blond lady in this crowd.They must understand that to them she is only a low class woman with absolutely no rights. By the way they haven't read or constitution. Complete stupidity by CBS to allow this and in the middle east. Life means nothing to these people and as we help the "rebels", info has come back that a majority is alquaeda with Iranian contacts. CBS new this! Holy Crap how stupid! Lawsuits a commin. A wise man once told me to smell the **** before you stick your toe in it, but a wiser one told me not to stick my toe in it at all. Has any one smelled Egypt?