Lara Logan -- Attackers 'Raped Me With Their Hands'

4/29/2011 4:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

CBS reporter Lara Logan says she thought she was going to die "a torturous death" when a mob of 200 to 300 men attacked her news team in Cairo in February ... an attack in which Logan claims several men, "raped me with their hands."

0215_lara_logan_BN_Getty_02

Logan just spoke to "60 Minutes" about the terrible incident -- in which she explained, "Our camera battery went down, and we had to stop for a moment, and suddenly, Bahar [her cameraman] looks at me and says, 'we've got to get out of here."

Logan continued, "I thought, not only am I going to die here, but it's going to be just a torturous death that's going to go on forever and ever and ever."

"For an extended period of time, they raped me with their hands," says Logan. "My clothes were torn to pieces...what really struck me was how merciless they were. They really enjoyed my pain and suffering. It incited them to more violence."

The attack took place on February 11 -- the day Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak was driven from power. Logan says she was eventually saved by a group of women and several Egyptian soldiers.

Logan claims the "60 Minutes" interview -- which airs on Sunday -- will be her ONLY interview about the attack.

chefadam

I made a dinosaur reference in my previous post.In know way was that to be construed as a judgment of all cave men and women and or that they participated knowingly or unknowingly with abuse of either gender of the cave peoples. Cave People Rock!

Anna

What a horrying ordeal! I hope Lara Logan finds a way to put that vicious ordeal behind her and move on.

I can't believe some of the comments posted on here. TMZ has a real low class audience doesn't it? I guess I forget that most of this country is low class so go figure.

Frank

Filthy muslim savages. Mohammed raped women, including the female slaves he owned. He also killed, tortured and lied. So no need to be surprised that today's muslims do the same. He's their role model after all. The islamic cult is just disgusting.

blobert

protip: wear panties next time

get real

Hey Loud Mouth.........good moniker, cause thats all you are is loud. No intelligence. There you go presuming that all the world thinks like you in your suburban bubble. NEWSFLASH dumbass, the rest of the world is not like your little corner. DAMN RIGHT when in rome.....
YOU make the presumption that I agree with attack---way wrong moronic idiot. That is what you called me. I will be happy to show you where this is an acceptable practice. I just cant do it like you want. I never said it was decent or normal or sanctioned. Once again you presume normal decent human beings would not do this, and I agree. What about the Islamic way of life is decent normal or humane? Mohammed married his six year old neice, but he was such a decent guy he waited until she was NINE to **** her. Do you think I agree with this? Then you are the moronic idiot. NOTHING about the muslem religion is decent normal or humane. SO.............IF you are dunb enough to go into a place like that, you had better be smart enough to adhere to the local customs. Ya know.....when in Rome. ANY halfway intelligent person could have looked at that crowd and realized it was all men. I mentioned to my wife that there will be no real revolution that produces lasting positive change in that coubtry until you see the men AND THE WOMEN out in the streets together.
Yes I think before I post. You obviously think you do, but you think from your perspective, which is inherently flawed. You MUST remove your preconceived notions (you didnt) before you try to analyze what happened to her.
I empathized with her and her plight. Something you in your misdirected rage apparently didnt read. Someone should have cautioned her on her flawed logic. She was applying her world experience to a situation totally removed from that.
You are obviously a misandrist. I am so sorry daddy didnt pay enough attention to you and you werent pretty enough to work out those issues stripping your way to a healthy attitude.
Think before you act. She did not and neither obviously do you. You MUST be able to look at the world from another persons perspective. That does NOT mean condone it. It simply is a way to gain a better understanding of your adversary. I learned to speak Russian not because I so loved the USSR, but because I knew that if I wanted to defeat my adversary, I had better understand how he thinks. Learning the language is merely a first step.
On the other hand progressive liberal idiots like you inssist the world bend to YOUR way of thinking in the name of tolerance.
Who is the moronic idiot? One who seeks to understand his enemy in order to better defeat him, or someone like you who is blindsided and outraged when people act like they are going to act anyway. You project YOUR values on these people. YOUR basis for understanding is flawed.
I pity people like you.

get real

Chefadam,
I can agree with when in Rome being a little off maybe. Rome was in comparison, a cultured civilized place where everyone was treated equally. (THATS IN COMPARISON). A better analogy might have been; when in Riyhad...........because by golly as you well know, if you try and project your western (farang) value systems unto these people, your predictions will inevitably come up wanting.

For some ungodly reason we in the west have been subjected to the lie of multi-culturalism. All cultures are NOT equal. OURS IS BETTER. I would be willing to stand up and fight for it. I am NOT willing to stand up and fight for Nancy Pelosi's version of what the USA should be. She, like Loudmouth projects her value system upon a culture where it is completely and totally inappropriate. Worse, it is counterproductive to do so. As I can see from your travels, you are most likely aware that most other cultures not only hate us, but they laugh at us.

Ever seen this picture?

The look in his eyes clearly says, "can you believe this stupid infidel?"

When are we going to wake up and recognize we are in fight for the very survival of western civilization? There is no negotiating. They dont want to live in peace with us. THEY WANT US DEAD. They want their califate. Screw 'em all. I say turn the whole shi tpile into a glass parking lot.

DANA

Its a shame Lindsay Blohan and Kim Kartrashian tweeted the day before regarding the peacfull demonstration there.
They made themself look like goose.

Benny

Just wanna let most of the commentators in here know.....
There is a big sale at Walmart this weekend
They got Souls for you guys half price so hurry up...cause seriously you really don't wanna miss that one, you need it....

Ciaran

Stupid American journalist,craving for attention again.
How many Arab women raped by Yankee soldiers?

Amina

As a woman, yes I am sorry for the horrible ordeal you experienced in Egypt. As you are a South African, however, you should have been better prepared and taken necessary precautions, including opting not to cover this story. In countries where the concept of the rights of women is a mockery in the eyes of men, and in reality no such rights exist, any woman who enters these territories run the risk of assault. You cannot be that naive, you should have benefited from the horrendous story of assault against women in your home nation and used this valuable insight, background and knowledge as a gage for determining which stories to go and cover and which to pass on. I have made such decisions and choices in my own life and managed to live through a jihad during a visit to a Muslim nation. Self preservation is more important than scoring points or gaining recognition for covering a major story, no matter if that story represents a historical moment or not. I fault you for your arrogance is showing a disregard for the negative culture toward women that exist in many Muslim nations, What made you think Egypt would give you a pass, treat you otherwise. Women or women to these men, and nothing more. Your status as a journalist or as a visitor from another country makes no difference to men where penalty for violation of women is nonexistent. I am glad you have lived to tell your story.

chefadam

Loud mouth- i have to disagree about the rape laws that you stated are there. Again you are thinking like a "civilized" proud to be an american. Women are not protected under their legal system, there may be something written down but you must understand "rule of law" does not apply in these countries.I also think there has to be a minimum of 5 male witnesses to the rape. So if it is a gang rape who would be the witness? If it is one on one who would be the witness? You also stated that "normal rational humane citizens",what is normal if you are not taught right from wrong? If the majority is taught wrong(our wrong) then that is normal in their society. Where is the humanity in any of whats going on. Humane-caring for ones fellow man is not on their priority list.You talk of customs. Raping ones wife is OK by certain customs. Is this OK? OF COURSE NOT! FYI, do you know what would happen if an American girl walked down the street in a short dress in one of our allied countries that we give billions of dollars to. Words can not describe! This is their norm not ours so your comparison is a bit far off but i get where your coming from.
Just my opinion and from where i am writing there is no freedom of the press, Les majestes laws are very much enforced as well.

Get real- Loved most of your comment and apparently you to know the perils of pushing our value system on others but i have to question "making a glass parking lot" out of people. The very people who saved this womans life are the very people who can change the societal norms of this and other countries. THEY WERE STRONG MUSLIM WOMEN WHO DECIDED TO STAND UP FOR WHAT WAS RIGHT! Yes little helpless Muslim WOMEN!These women faced up to these fanatics and took her back. The majority of the Egyptian people are quite ashamed. Mob mentality ruled and again,where was her security? Why was she in the thick of it in this country that degrades and minimizes the women who bare their own children. I just dont get it. Like i said before, smell it before you step in it, cause where im sitting the stink aint pretty!

chefadam

Osama Bin Laden Is Dead!!! God Bless America!!!!

Viv

When a reporter is raped in the steets and no person is there to help, something is horribly wrong. We, as a society, are not monsters. We are not barbaric. We do not tolerate rape. This woman was there because she had a passion for her job. To blame her or remind her of the dangerous position she put herself in, is cruel. She was a part of the gang mentality that overwhelmed the streets that day. Her ability to speak openly, on national tv, reminds me that woman are amazing. She needed her story to be told. I respect her beyond belief! U R my hero!

chefadam

VIV- "We as a society", who's society are you speaking about. "We do not tolerate rape", no we dont, BUT THEY DO!"It is cruel to remingd her of the position she put herself into" uhm ,well she is a professinal reporter and do you think she reads the crap that is posted on TMZ(Sorry Guys)The mentality you speak up is actually a psychologically known condition called Mob mentality or by mob rule which is similar to what i would call a feeding frenzy with rational people acting irrationally at the spur of the moment. Does this woman deserve respect? ABSOLUTELY but she must also accept part of the responsibility. She chose to put herself in this situation and her handlers should have had proper security.Of course most of the blame should be pointed straight at the rapists but there is enough to go around. You know who else deserves respect? The Muslim women who went into the crowd and saved her life.

Cujeaux

Loudmouth: The difference between you and I is you believe everything you see, hear and read. Just because I don't, it doesn't make me a moron. You buy into her story, I watched her 60 Minutes interview and don't.

There were plenty of indicators that she ignored when she put herself in harms way. She got deported just a week prior, she had only one security guard protecting her and she surely must have heard about other reporters, all male I might add, getting attacked prior to her incident.

In spite of this, she looked at it as a big male "paaartay' and was all touchy feely with the people surrounding her while she put herself on the fringes of that crowd. Other reporters were reporting from hilltops where they could haul ass in a vehicle if they felt threatened. As soon as those camera lights went down she panicked and made some stupid remarks that showed how fearful she was. It's probably what got her pulled in.

If she was in that crowd for 20 minutes and managed to cover a lot of ground in that time, I doubt she was raped. Scott Pelley mentioned in his narrative that she was checked by a doctor before she left Egypt and immediately flew back to the US, where she then had a 4 day stay in the hospital. If her injuries were that bad she would have been admitted there.

Then for her to hold herself up as an example for other victims made me nauseous. She didn't keep herself safe and freaked out as soon as she was out of the spotlight of the camera. She kept everyone in the dark for months about the attack and never really said whether or not she was raped, which leads me to believe that she wasn't. There wasn't any organ penetration. Her claims were over-exaggerated which makes it look like the intent was to make her employer pay for her injuries. Maybe next time they'll think twice about hiring a dumb, flirtatious blonde dimwit.