Lindsay to Plead No Contest to Theft

4/30/2011 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan will plead no contest to the misdemeanor theft charge she faces over that pesky necklace ... sources connected with the case tell TMZ.

0429_lindsay_lohan_no_contest_tmz_ex
We're told Lindsay is committed to what she told Jay Leno this week -- that she wants to accept responsibility and move on with her life.

So Lindsay and her lawyer, Shawn Holley, will go back to Judge Stephanie Sautner as early as next week to enter the plea.

Lindsay has already been sentenced to 120 days in jail for the probation violation, along with 480 hours of community service. Sources tell us Lindsay and her lawyer are banking on Judge Sautner not adding additional time on the theft charge. In other words, when Lindsay serves her 120-day sentence, that would be the end of it.  And sources familiar with the case say that would be a routine disposition.

L.A. County Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore tells TMZ his rough calculation is that Lindsay would serve three weeks, although there are variables to that.

We're also told the L.A. County District Attorney is inclined to give the case to the L.A. City Attorney, since the D.A. typically prosecutes felonies and the case is now a misdemeanor.  But now that Lindsay will plead no contest, it doesn't make a lot of sense for the D.A. to kick the case to the City Attorney.

Holley could not be reached for comment.

bstill

Once again she has worn the court system out. So she get's 120 days half of which will automatically be reduced. That's now 60 days and then there's always time off for good behavior. Which I'm sure she'll be the model citizen and will probably spend less than 30 days total. Mandatory or not!

Yosemite Sam

Now wait just a cotton pickin' minute! Before Lindsay dyed her hair, her haggard old puss reminded me of my grandma. Granny, is that you?

sean

Good thanks brw,
I don't mind the seeker he seems well intentioned and (a new yorker?)I apologized to jeebus and her little angel on the way.,
but I still think the lohans got you the caring sympathetic elder ladies

Lindsay will be held accountable for her misdeeds and grow from the lessons learned maybe?? she has done nothing but talk so far..

anybody who read my heartfelt comments to the Entourage of Enablers knows My motives are righteous and not destructive.

So this might be her last chance, she has cried the same river for 3 years and lied every time..I think she will re offend within weeks.
Dina needs to be removed from the equation Rocky is correct about how deathly ill she has become.imo

Have the day off so I'll be around......sean

messenger69

The TRUTH Shall Set You FREE!!!

Too bad she will always be known as a THIEF!!!!

sean

This is why she will re-offend within weeks...imeo

Addicts worry about 3 main "trigger" issues:

1-(People) transients that live the at homeless shelters can be very 'colorful'..I think Lindsay will conflict with the very people she is supposed to help..

2-(Places)..the area she will be working in has lots of drugs and a high crime rate.I think being on skid row among other fellow crack heads could "trigger" her addictions

3-(things).. in her daily rounds she might be exposed to alcohol and drug use and maybe even violence..Lindsay is a known drama magnet so she could get involved very easily

She is so not "in the clear" and she better keep Shawn around on *speed* dial....

Joe Blow

Boo-ya! But look at Nicole Enabler already counting down the days until Lie-ho can commit her next crime.

jack-55d79

Good for her. I think it will put her in a position where she can put a full stop at the end of a chapter. I just hope that she keeps clean and sticks listening to sensible people who are prepared to tell the truth. I think being that age, with that background, with that intensity of personal scrutiny, must be difficult, even if I think many of her previous decisions were idiotic. If the movie is good (keeping in mind The John Travolta Clause), or she is good in it, that will make her a serious earner, because on the basis of web-traffic alone (TMZ cover LL a lot for a reason) people are already interested, just for the wrong reasons.

DK

Hear Travolta is introducing her to his 'religion'. Mom better keep an eye out, they want Lindsey's money as much as she does.

Anne

She lies constantly...she and Shawn are just trying to manipulate the public and judge into thinking she has changed and to go easy on her...she's looking for the easy way out as usual....she likes what she sees now for community service in this luxury homeless center (see the pictures)...where she will teach acting lessons and serve meals....when she first heard about it being on skid row she thought it was beneath her....now she probably sees she can use it to make herself look good and it's a pretty good gig...just have her driver drop her off for a few hours with cameras clicking from the press she will call each day and then back to clubbing, shopping..falling down drunk and shoplifting....I hope the judge shocks her dumb lying a** again and doesn't fall into her manipulating ways and gives her more time....

the Seeker

@hezzler19, yes I do ever since you joined up the the 3 blind mice and started a girly gang.

you are all well know frauds on the mel G. threads and all of a sudden about 2 weeks ago the trollhans started to talk all about their personal lives and physical pains(empathy seekers)and now your all poor old sick grandmas or expecting mothers. I think you are fckn hypocrits and bullies,maybe if you read sean's posts you would know what a shill is but,you know ur just playing dumb ,guess its easy for Lohans

Samuel Smithers

What are the odds that she'll **** up with the law within two months?

hezzer19

I've always wanted to be in a girl band!!! Can I play drums?

Seeker may I just suggest that there are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing? Look into it.

Your conspiracy theories don't even make sense. I don't even talk about my personal life on my own blog. LOL. Though I do tend to whine about hockey on Twitter. Nothing more personal than hockey.

Back on topic, bets on when she buggers up community service?

lisa2

I'll believe it when it's offician.

lisa2

I'll believe it when it's official.
sorry about the typo.

the Seeker

Rocky jeebus forgot that tony jonestown (you) threatened to call cps on her .

jeebus forgot(it)she threatened to have you violently attacked..
("no joke") now your all best buddies.

blood red bitch,
You can play nice and brownie up to Sean but from what I read he gots your number and your(role)pinned to a tee