Lindsay to Plead No Contest to Theft

4/30/2011 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan will plead no contest to the misdemeanor theft charge she faces over that pesky necklace ... sources connected with the case tell TMZ.

0429_lindsay_lohan_no_contest_tmz_ex
We're told Lindsay is committed to what she told Jay Leno this week -- that she wants to accept responsibility and move on with her life.

So Lindsay and her lawyer, Shawn Holley, will go back to Judge Stephanie Sautner as early as next week to enter the plea.

Lindsay has already been sentenced to 120 days in jail for the probation violation, along with 480 hours of community service. Sources tell us Lindsay and her lawyer are banking on Judge Sautner not adding additional time on the theft charge. In other words, when Lindsay serves her 120-day sentence, that would be the end of it.  And sources familiar with the case say that would be a routine disposition.

L.A. County Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore tells TMZ his rough calculation is that Lindsay would serve three weeks, although there are variables to that.

We're also told the L.A. County District Attorney is inclined to give the case to the L.A. City Attorney, since the D.A. typically prosecutes felonies and the case is now a misdemeanor.  But now that Lindsay will plead no contest, it doesn't make a lot of sense for the D.A. to kick the case to the City Attorney.

Holley could not be reached for comment.

tiff

How I love all the "it was no big deal, she doesn't deserve jail over this" comments. Again, I ask for someone to point out, definitively, what laws we are really, really supposed to obey and which ones are just, you know, guidelines. I feel I could make my life more comfortable if, like Ms. Lohan and illegal aliens, I could choose the laws that are convenient for me to obey and ignore those that are not without fear of consequences.

Jim

Part of the Header for this story reads "she wants to accept responsibility for...." Pleading "No Contest" is not accepting anything accept that you have been caught and your ego will not allow you to admit guilt. Pleading guilty IS taking responsibility for her actions and not hiding behind the " ok, I did it but I won't admit I did it" plea. SHE WILL be adjuticated guilty anyway, the dumb, spoiled twit.

Stump

I am not as certain as TMZ that this judge is going to let her slide with only the probation violation time and no more.
This judge is hard as nails and can see the bull that comes along with Lindsay.
An additional 3-6 months would be my guess and she may mandate her own percentage of the total time Lindsay must serve although that is not real likely.
Alexis Neiers got 6 months for felony theft and served 30 days so if Lindsay has to do 20 days for the probation violation another 30 days for the theft would be fair even with it having been reduced to a misdemeanor.

Jane

At least she still has the Lindsay sex doll going for her. LOL

jeebus

@ seeker,

Very true but if that is true about ME then it is true about YOU. WTF is a shill? You constantly throw that word around, and yet NO ONE GIVES A ****!.

Oh and just even though its possible that some of the things I say may not be true, does not take away the fact that you are indeed a **** nugget.

jen

If Lindsay would have taken the original plea for the jail , she would have only had to serve her 15 days and wouldnt have had any comunity service .... too bad she didnt wake up to reality then

now she still has to do the jail time and has all that comunity service to deal with. I do know someone who had to do 2 weeks in the la county morgue for dui, and your only other choice if you dont want to clean up the autopsy messes and deal with the dead bodies is to scrub toilets all day .... he said one day he got stuck doing that and it was worse than cleaning up the autopsys .... lol

cant really see lindsay doing either .... but oh well!!! hard lesson for a spoiled brad to learn.

Holly

Ali always looks angry, she never smiles. I'd be afraid to run into her in a dark alley. I've never seen the youngest brother

the Seeker

@jeebus threatening to have her connections violently attack a fellow community member

OH HELL NO. he did NOT just say call CPS did he? Man you soooo effing lucky I don't know who the hell you are. You are so effing lucky that I don't really give a rat's ass who you are. You are so effing lucky that I take your words with a grain of salt because if I did actually care about your puny insignificant life, i would make sure that any and all connections I happen to have (and trust me this is not a joke) went and stomped the ever living crap out of you.
----------------------------------

Hey ,@ dan yell ,Hey twilight mom you better report @jeebus
btw, you clowns ragging on Sean and his obvious relevant posts only validate the comments and observations we all notice , despite the smoke and mirrors(fog of war)of the Trolls.

Lindsay lohan will be a convicted jewel thief and was also guilty as hell in stealing the young ladies mink coat from the back of her chair ,not the coatroom .She should be a felon

out to my real life and loving family ..Callige,vergo,rosas..bitches

Blood Red Witch

sean, the seeker is stealing alot of your phrases. Better watch out. I think he is trying to be you.

jeebus

Ooh, how nice. Pull out a random comment I made in which you have NO idea why it was said in the first place. Right. Way to earn points there big buddy.

You are sad and pathetic dude. Get a clue.

jeebus

Funny how you like to start ragging on people the moment they call you on your BS.

Jack

Re: " Lindsay Lohan will plead no contest to the misdemeanor theft charge she faces over that pesky necklace " ???? So all you rocket scientists at TMZ think that theft & robbery are " pesky now ?? ... What's next for you TMZ bozos ?? " Pesky " charges of " road-rage-like " behavior at drug rehab facilities ??? " Pesky" charges of robbery at another jewelry store ?? " Pesky" charges of Vehicle Homocide due to drunk drinking or being under the influence of drugs ?? Or .. those " pesky " murder charges for running over a child in a cross walk while drunk out of her mind ? Where or WHEN will you EVER draw a line you cretins at TMZ ?

Blood Red Witch

She is admitting to ......wait for it......LILTY!

andyconda

In The Jailhouse Now

G7 C
shes in the jailhouse now
F
shes in the deadhouse now
G7
they told her once or twice

To quit playin' in bars and a shootin' ice
C
shes in the jailhouse now

Well I had a friend who lies

Who used to steal gamble and rob
C7 F
she thought she was the smartest hoe in town

But I found out last Monday that she got locked up Sunday
D7 G7
They got her in the jailhouse way downtown

C
sHe's in the jailhouse now
F
sHe's in the deadhouse now
G7
I told her once or twice

To quit playin' in bars and a shootin' ice