Trump Congratulates Obama -- 'Job Very Well Done'

5/2/2011 8:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Even Donald Trump's gotta give credit where credit is due ... and moments ago, he cyber-congratulated President Obama for "a job very well done."

0426_donald_obama_BN_Getty_01

Trump -- who was just shredded by Obama at the White House Correspondents dinner -- just issued a statement on Twitter saying, "I want to personally congratulate President Obama and the men and women of the Armed Forces for a job very well done."

He added, "I am so proud to see Americans standing shoulder to shoulder, waving the American flag in celebration of this great victory."

Trump concluded, "We should spend the next several days not debating party politics, but in remembrance of those who lost their lives on 9/11 and those fighting for our freedom. God Bless America."

LadyVMJ

Shut up Trump and take that dead animal off your head so you can think before you make an @zz of yourself. Job very well done President Obama and US Navy Seals!

mannequin

At least Trump acknowledged the military, Trump is certainly the better man to take the high road.

arnie

Too late, Trump, you can't change what a joke you are.

jbeans

Obama is a lying, sleaze that has done NOTHING for this country except embarrass us and ruined the economy. He would rather hang out with celebrities than run this country! Obama, Osama....same difference!

Celeb Gossip Addict

Christine

Let us not forget to congratulate and thank George W. Bush who sent our troops over there to find him in the first place. How quickly American's forget that it was Bush who sent troops to get/kill him and if I remember correctly Obama wanted to pull troops out immediately if he was elected....just saying....
******************************

Uh, President Obama did pull the vast majority of troops out of Iraq as promised during his campaign. Bush sent them over there looking for weapons of mass destruction that didn't exist. President Obama said we needed to focus on Afganastan which was a haven for terrists including Osama along with Pakastan. Sorry sugar but he gets to wear this one by his lonesome. Bush had nothing to do with it.

Vera

Some of you Obama haters really need to give it up.

I bet if it was done under the Bush administration, he would have gotten total credit, and he was a proven goofball who didnt give a damn about the average american citizen. Bush had AMPLE opportunity to get this sucker under his watch, it didnt happen because I believe he didnt want it to.

How the heck can Bin Laden live in a Mansion and NO ONE KNEW? There was speculation that Bush knew where Bin Laden was and I believe it.

Canon

What a shallow obvious way to get free PR. I doubt Trump would even care about the U.S.A. if he could not profit from it.

kitty

he must feel like such a DOUCHE BAG! Hey Trump, Obama was a bit busy, but I hope you feel special making him take time out of his day to show, ONCE AGAIN, his certificate of live birth.

Marnie

Christine,

We likely would have gotten Osama sooner if Bush had concentraited on Afghanistan and Pakistan: however, his action of getting us into war with Iraq took our focus and resources OFF Osama bin Laden. It was President Obama who's strategic move was to refocus our efforts on Osama bin Laden by pulling our troops (most of our combat troops) out of Iraq and foucsed them on Afghanistan and along the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan which forced Osama bin Laden to hide in plain sight in Islamabad.

Bush gets credit for wasting time, years, and MANY LIVES on the wrong war.

Jo

This coming from a man who received numerous deferments, both medical and academic,to avoid fighting in Vietnam. “I actually got lucky because I had a very high draft number. I’ll never forget, that was an amazing period of time in my life. I was going to the Wharton School of Finance, and I was watching as they did the draft numbers and I got a very, very high number and those numbers never got up to.” How did he get a medical deferment if he claims to have been a "star athlete" at the NY Military Academy?? His only medical problem is the fox on his head.

pat

He's the new Sarah Palin.

What a clown.

Snooki'sHairBump

dimes 30 minutes ago

Translation: I'm desperately trying to stay relevant

Took the words right out of my mouth

Trump please do us all a favor: go somewhere with that weird head piece of yours and STFU

Slim

What, the "Trumped" Donald is NOT taking credit for this???

JETMAN

I totally agree with Sandi....our military did the job. Obama did NOTHING!

JMJ

Oh who the hell cares what you think!! Trump is nothing but a rich old bag of wind!!