USS Carl Vinson Sailor's Mom -- My Son Made History!

5/2/2011 12:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of a sailor currently on board the USS Carl Vinson -- the ship that dumped Osama bin Laden's body in the sea -- tells TMZ, she couldn't be prouder of her son ... and his fellow servicemen.

0502_ship_ex_osama_getty

Molly -- the proud mother of 20-year-old Colton -- tells us, "I can tell you just how proud so many of us are of our family members who have worked long and hard to fight terrorism ... It amazes me that these young men and women are now a part of history!"

Molly adds, "I am so proud of all of our troops and all they give up for us. And for all the family of these service members who give up so much also."

But Molly says she's only gotten radio silence from Colton since Osama's burial -- telling us, "I have not heard from my son, and chances are I will not for quite some time and until the military deems it safe for him to contact."

And in case her kids are reading this, Molly wants to pass along this message -- "Please know how proud we are of you and how much we love you. God bless all our military and thank you for everything you give up so that we in America have the choices we do!"

Mimi

TMZ should take this down.

Jill

If you google her name it shows a website that she runs about adopting a sailor and it states in there both of her sons names and what ships they are on. I agree that this should not have been posted on tmz but the info is already out there and its probably pretty safe to assume that terrorists have a little bit better info than google

reily

Really people STFU and stop posting on this story .It is the only sane thing to do .

gator mom

I am at a loss of how to respond to the Mom who has put her sailor and now MINE in harms way. My only wish is that in her eagerness to celebrate the death of an evil it does not bring greater harm to my SON and the other great men on that ship sworn to protect/serve.

3Storms

NICE JOB GIVING UP THE NAME OF ONE OF THE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THE OPERATION SO AL QAEDA CAN TARGET HIM, STUPID WOMAN

burner

TMZ you are very disrespectful to the military personnel involved to say "the ship that dumped Osama bin Laden's body in the sea "

CNN reports -

"Bin Laden's body was later buried at sea, an official said. Many Muslims adhere to the belief that bodies should be buried within one day.

The official did not release additional details about the burial, but said it was handled in keeping with Muslim customs. "

It's a time to remember all those who were lost and those that have/do put themselves in harm's way to serve justice. Let's not lower ourselves to the level of those we work to serve justice on.

Griz

My brother is also on this ship - a high ranking officer on this ship, and i can say that myself and my family are very proud of him. We can't wait to see him over the summer, maybe have a beer and talk about dumping him in the ocean. GO CHUCKY V!!!

moe l.

They should have taken teeth, fingers, etc and made them into trinkets; keychains; etc. I'd buy one! Maybe cut swatches of his beard and make it into funny little animals. Would be totally cool!

dawls

She also posted her name and info in the CNN comments on their facebook page earlier today. I understand being proud of your son, my husband is in the Navy as well, but people should really think before putting out their names and info just to get a little notierity.

The ships communication is down for a reason. That really means that family and friends should not go blabbing to the media about it.

janja

I don't think the names of these brave soldiers should be made public, we don't know what kind of nuts bin and his nutty son left behind

Carol

First of all, I cannot believe that TMZ published this. The mom may be naive but you are not. Four members of my family served in a warzone. I was a military wife. That is just plain dumb and, trust me, his superior officers are not going to like this. Way to go MOM.

Groupthink

I served in the United States Navy along with my husband and servicemembers need to advise their loved ones to keep their mouths shut. Loose lips sink ships.

Steve

After many things we have experianced I don't believed he was dumped at sea. He may of been dead for a couple of years. The president needed his trump card to play for re-eleaction.
We as Americans and families of 911 deserved close up proof of him face to identify and see dumped at sea. Too many people just believe what our government tells them. BS....With all the Intelligence that we have tell me, after nine years and tons of Americans dead that we could not find this rodant. Please don't be gullible.

bring back recent posts

..Thankyou Obama for holding off on this until after the Royal Wedding..very much appreciated!

Cujeaux

I don't agree with dumping his body so soon. Now there will be a bunch of conspiracy theories surrounding his death. They should have shipped him to Guantanamo and encased his remains.

Who gets the reward money for the tip? Somebody must have clued them in.