USS Carl Vinson Sailor's Mom -- My Son Made History!

5/2/2011 12:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of a sailor currently on board the USS Carl Vinson -- the ship that dumped Osama bin Laden's body in the sea -- tells TMZ, she couldn't be prouder of her son ... and his fellow servicemen.

0502_ship_ex_osama_getty

Molly -- the proud mother of 20-year-old Colton -- tells us, "I can tell you just how proud so many of us are of our family members who have worked long and hard to fight terrorism ... It amazes me that these young men and women are now a part of history!"

Molly adds, "I am so proud of all of our troops and all they give up for us. And for all the family of these service members who give up so much also."

But Molly says she's only gotten radio silence from Colton since Osama's burial -- telling us, "I have not heard from my son, and chances are I will not for quite some time and until the military deems it safe for him to contact."

And in case her kids are reading this, Molly wants to pass along this message -- "Please know how proud we are of you and how much we love you. God bless all our military and thank you for everything you give up so that we in America have the choices we do!"

Superman

WTF? Way over the top!!! BTW, we have LESS choices now because of our military....so you should be thanking the rest of the country for giving-up our tax dollars to have a ridiculously expensive military! And why would God bless our military...you're suppose to be putting your trust in GOD, not a military!!!!!!

Lin

This is quite incredible. This gal is trying to drum up donations for her website. THAT is why she left her full name. Way to put these men, and your penpal Navy SEALs, at risk, lady.

jacksonfive210

I wonder how the guy who shot bin laden feels I would feel like such a bad ass.

dpm0218

As the wife of a career navy sailor also on deployment, Molly needs to remember that speaking to the media about this quite possibly endangers her son's shipmates. It is an unspoken rule that NO ONE speaks to the media, this was not a smart move....BTW: my husband is NOT on that ship, just trying to keep him safe, I guess is my reason for the added comment.....

**There is a reason for the radio silence and in the future, you may want to wait until you hear from him BEFORE you comment, only because you need to bear in mind that the ship is still in harm's way UNTIL it is back at it's home port**

Kartrashian Klown

Haha, TMZ quickly retracted this "Molly" woman's last name, and the name of her son. Smart!

dpm0218

and on another note: you could get him in trouble with his CO, it is not unheard of to suspend a sailor's email privileges...

NavyMom

Molly is a great Navy mom who does much for our sailors. I have known her since the beginning of N4M's. I'm proud of your son too, Molly! Glad mine is stateside, though.

proud navy mom

My daughter is on the Carl Vinson. We are so proud of her and her shipmates. A job well done.

db

SO IS ANY AMERICAN GOING TO SEE A PICTURE OF THIS DEAD MAN?

I WANT TO SEE THIS DEAD ASS!

Mama Dukes

I could not be more proud of my sailor! Way to go NAVY!

Steve

WHO HAS THE CELLPHONE PICS OF DEAD BIN LADEN??

GB

I wonder if the Iraq war would have happened if we'd caught Bin Laden sooner?

beaslover5314

Wait this morning I read that the government has his body. An now Im reading that it was dumped into the water...????

pam

BIN LADEN WAS NOT KILLED! Binny probably died from kidney failure. Don't you think it's strange AFTER prince william's huge pr wedding Bin Laden is killed just when Obama's ratings couldn't get any lower. Do you people really think the US Gov would not do an autopsy, DNA, pictures, and video the whole thing??? Proper protocol would have been to take Binny Boy to a US military base and do everything properly as he was the MOST WANTED CRIMINAL IN THE ENTIRE WORLD FOR ALL TIME. I don't believe a word of this crap!

Kara3xs

ANy guess how long it takes til her son is murdered?