USS Carl Vinson Sailor's Mom -- My Son Made History!

5/2/2011 12:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of a sailor currently on board the USS Carl Vinson -- the ship that dumped Osama bin Laden's body in the sea -- tells TMZ, she couldn't be prouder of her son ... and his fellow servicemen.

0502_ship_ex_osama_getty

Molly -- the proud mother of 20-year-old Colton -- tells us, "I can tell you just how proud so many of us are of our family members who have worked long and hard to fight terrorism ... It amazes me that these young men and women are now a part of history!"

Molly adds, "I am so proud of all of our troops and all they give up for us. And for all the family of these service members who give up so much also."

But Molly says she's only gotten radio silence from Colton since Osama's burial -- telling us, "I have not heard from my son, and chances are I will not for quite some time and until the military deems it safe for him to contact."

And in case her kids are reading this, Molly wants to pass along this message -- "Please know how proud we are of you and how much we love you. God bless all our military and thank you for everything you give up so that we in America have the choices we do!"

Shawn

Anyone who celebrates the death of another man is no better than he. Everyone should learn from this no matter what happends everyone loses, and when will america begin to see the light that killing isnt the answer

A Navy Mom

Almost every comment I have read, you all talk about what you would do with Bin Laudens body. I trully believe that the reason they did what they did to his body, is to try to keep peace and prevent anymore kilings,also for one we are Americans, we care. Sure its awful what happend 9/11. If we Americans were like them there would never be any kind of peace.

tmc69

Indeed!!

Chweener

Somebody needs to school this mom on what opsec means. Lady, you may wanna jeopardize your son, but do not jeopardize mine. Idiot!

Scarlet

I support our troops and am so grateful for all they do to protect and serve our great country. But this in my opinion is just more White House propaganda to make us believe in something that really didn't happen. Show the American people the proof and then we can take all of this seriously!

John McIntosh

Osama has been dead for years you morons. What a bull**** post this is. Oh, she's proud that her son my have helped the Obama propaganda machine by dropping a sack of potatoes or some poor Pakistani off the Carl Vinson? Or that maybe he could be a killer? For what?? So we can have the choices we have in America?? What? Is that we we kill people for? So we can have little Chris tell his parent's he's a F A G. Maybe we would have been better off if Osama killed us all. Bump that noise.
I can't even believe so many people believe this **** that we killed him. HAAhahaha That is such a bunch of ****. My favorite touch is that we had to dispose of the body in 24hours, to stay true to Muslim tradition. Hahahaha And Obama just happened to announce this during The Apprentice..hahaha
And if Obama did do this, what ever happened to Osama getting a ****ing trial? I thought Obama thought the war on terrorism was a scam George Bush did to scare Americans into voting Republican? Instead Guantanimo is open for business and we are other crazy wars.
Lastly, I think it is embarrassing to celebrate his death if he did die. If that is what America is, I don't want to be in it, but fortunately, I don't think it is, even though there are a **** load of dumb people out there that actually want to believe this bogus bull****. It reminds me of when news shows show middle east USA flag burning celebrations in the street. It's pathetic.
Incidentally, F A G is a censored word on TMZ comment board....really? "He didn't say the f-word did he? " ewwwww Get ****ing real. It's like elementary school on steroids. You are pathetic TMZ. It's called censorship. Hitler did that too. So did Stalin. That is not an American value, and it is especially egregious and backward that you would be censors since you freaking unfairly depict people and violate others privacy.

John McIntosh

Osama has been dead for years you morons. What a bull**** post this is. Oh, she's proud that her son my have helped the Obama propaganda machine by dropping a sack of potatoes or some poor Pakistani off the Carl Vinson? Or that maybe he could be a killer? For what?? So we can have the choices we have in America?? What? That is what it is about? So we can have little Chris tell his parent's he's a ***. Maybe we would have been better off if Osama killed us all. Bump that noise.

JAMES LAKOVISH

JOHN MCINTOSH, i agree with you , alot of the american people are like cattle just walking around following another cow, bunch of idiots getting screwed by this goverment and likeing it, just womder how we have to keep hearing and reading about BIN LADEN, and watching all these stupid people waving the flag and celebrating. AND OBAMA SHOULD SURE KNOW WHAT A MOONIE IS

Good Grace

Bravo Obama, the technical terror is no more, but the idea and messege remains with the desciples. This implies that the entire world should be more security concious about the revengers/ retaliators.

imstac

y release names TMZ!!!!!!!!! UGH WTF R YOU DOING????

Tara

The ship has a public Facebook page where full names are often posted with photos, calm down people!

kolette A

THATS STUPID WHY WOULD THEY DIRTY OUR SEA WITH THATS NASTY ANIMAL... ??????

Hensen

And the point is that most top Pakistan leaders were too afraid to kill him and a few actively sheltering him. I am sure that this US raid was also known and supported by only a few top people in Pakistan's government. I suspect there is a serious question as to whether Pakistan will survive the aftermath with all territories intact and with current party in power. Of course India might well take advantage of any internal civil war to chop off the territories it wants and to execute the groups it wants.The rest of the Westernize world will probably see a widespread rash of small to medium bombings and incidents. But I really doubt that now is the time under which sophisticated and cold blooded plans like 911 or the top European incidents will be repeated. Historically excited Muslim martyr types have real issues with calmly executing a plan on schedule without attraction notice. But wait a couple years after the emotions calm and this new leader may turn out to be as deadly.

sarah

seriously uncalled for! all of those innocent brave sailors in the navy are at huge risk! thanks a lot TMZ and stupid women who had to open her mouth have a little discression! jerks now i will be praying nothing happens to someone i know on that ship!

T-kayu

Lay off the proud and patriotic Mom. The real counter-productive dunces are the newsmen and others who expected the Seals in a firefight and threat of Pakistani intervention to read OBL's Miranda rights and give him a chance to escape, not to mention kind treatment for 10 to 20 years in our broken Court System.