Rick Springfield

The Teary-Eyed Mug Shot

5/2/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained Rick Springfield's super-sad mug shot ... taken moments after he was arrested for DUI last night.

Rick Springfield Mug Shot

TMZ broke the story ...  the '80s rocker was pulled over in L.A. at around 8 last night ... and when officers approached his vehicle, they smelled booze.

Law enforcement sources tell us Rick's blood alcohol level was .10 -- exceeding California's .08 legal limit.

Springfield was taken to a nearby jail ... where he was booked and released on his own recognizance.

0323_celebrity_dui_footer

Marty

Hey! .01 used to be the legal limit to drive.

If he weighs 180 lbs and had been drinking for 1 hour and he had 2 doubles (a double is what a single is at a bar anyway) So that is 4 shots or ounces (1/2 cup)of hard liquor. He will blow a .10.
He is also a vegetarian and I would think that would cause a faster alcohol blood level.
I am not saying it is good to drive under the influence of anything.

Rick, may I suggest a Taxi, next time. Also, Good luck.

louisvillelip

Two or three beers max. He could of had only one and just finished it. Now when I got stopped,my level was 2.9. That was drunk. I would fight his. With his $ money he can win. These cops are looking to have their name in the paper.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Thought he had his life together, especially after that domestic abuse scandal he had a few years back. Don't know what the outcome of that was, but at his age, this is certainly heading in the wrong direction.

Next 'Celebrity Rehab: '70s & '80S Edition':

David Cassidy
Rick Springfield
Leif Garrett
...and many more of your favorite stars, who can't seem to get their lives together as they slowly glide from upper-middle age toward senior citizenship!

senex

Grown rocker crying cuz he got busted?...oh I'm sorry...did I say rocker?...I mean generic guitar player gone dry.
Wipe the tear and suck it up....here comes Bubba.

Sarafina

Poor guy has battled depression for quite some time--hope he gets the help he needs. And, even though he looks like crap here--he's a very young looking 61!!

Marty

There is a local bar here in No. California and whenever someone leaves after midnight they are always followed by a police officer. If you make any mistakes, they pull you over and you get the Breathalyzer. They just wait for them to come out. I think they average about 3-4 DUI's a night.

And the question up the thread about why no bail and no 24 hour stay in Jail: You are cited after booking and then let go if there is a sober person there to take you home for CVC 23102a. They keep you till morning for a simple drunk in public PC 647f.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

like my mom used to say to me...Why cry now...should have cried while doing the crime! too funny........

A.L.M.

Isnt it odd that we havent heard or seen Rick in quite awhile and now not only is he on Hawaii Five-0 this week now he's been arrested! Seems like a very good caluculated move by his publisist. It's amazing what a celebrity would do for attention.

dolphin

Do these people have a clue that their lives will become hell if they kill someone or a family with a baby in the car? They all need to go to the morgue, autopsy and the funerals.

They've been in the fantasy land of fame so they can't grasp the reality of what they'll cause.

Imagine what Nicole Richie could have caused?

TAB

yes it was wrong for him to drink and drive he just got caught so many of us have done it and knew better, he is still hot and knows how to rock i hope he learns from this and moves on, i have always loved him and always will stay stong RICK.

The Watcher

Rick is a friend of our family, he suffers from depression & although he has had much success in his life, still struggles with the emptiness of depression.

I Luv TMZ

He's supposed to be on Hawaii 5-0 tonight. I loved Rick back in the day. He looks so sad. I feel bad for him. Don't do it again Rick.

artie help

what happened to joan jett?????

Kevin

OH NO!?!?!?!?!?!
SAY ISN'T SO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

NOT RICKY SPRINGFIELD KRUNK AS A SKUNK!?!?!?!?!
WHAT WILL JESSE'S GIRL DO NOW FOR A RIDE HOME !?!?!?!?!?

Larz

I wish that I had Jessie's girl...to send me bail money.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments