« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cops Investigate UFC Legend Over Alleged Bar Attack

5/3/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UFC Hall-of-Famer Matt Hughes is at the center of a police investigation ... after a female bystander told cops she suffered a broken nose when the fighter went off on another man inside an Illinois bar.

0502_matt_hughes_ex_getty

TMZ has confirmed 37-year-old Hughes was named in a police report filed in Taylor Springs, IL ... stemming from an April 23 incident at a place called Trails End Bar and Grill.

According to a source who was inside the bar, Hughes got into an argument with a male bar patron ... which led to some forceful shoving.

Sources tell us ... the woman is alleging Hughes pushed the other man into her ... and she suffered a broken nose in the collision.  TMZ obtained a photo of the woman's face taken after the incident.

05002_matt_hughes_victim_WM_tmz

Cops tell us an investigation is currently underway. Calls to Hughes have not been returned.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Talynn

I don't understand how people can come on here and label everyone from small towns as dumb. You would never come on here and say all white people are dumb or all black people are dumb. So why do you have to come on here and say we are all dumb because we live in small towns? That is the most unintelligent comments I have heard in a while! Then to say that he's a dumb farm boy???? Yes I'm from the same area, and yes I know Matt personally. I don't worship him, he's another guy to us. WE are not dumb because we live in small towns. Believe it or not...we have several colleges in our area and YEP some of us have actually graduated! Some like Matt, and others hate him. Bottom line he grew up fighting...he's a fighter! So why are you shocked that he got into a bar fight? I have seen him fight more off camera than on, his brother is the same way! The headline to say UFC fighter got into a fight...and no one cared.

iknowlil

I know both of these people. Lil is one of the most honest, caring people I know. She is also very pretty. Hmmm...getting a broken nose in the early hours does tend to make one not look so good. As far as the money, he already agreed to pay the medical bills and she's not looking for more. Just because the cops were called, doesn't mean she is a skank or a bar whore! People need to mind their own business and keep their nasty thoughts to themselves. Haven't you heard "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all?"

Kim

What you people are saying on here is ridiculous. She is an amazing woman and mother. You are not from Hillsboro, you do not know any of the people involved so leave her alone. You wouldn't look your best after having your nose broken either! How about you comment on the fact that Matt pushed a drunk person into her when he's not even supposed to touch anyone.

Pam

This same guy hit my sister at a bar in Milwaukee. Cops didn't even do anything.

Not skeptical

Matt is a complete joke, but people will always take his side because of his semi-famous status. He is a complete hypocrite and most of the town knows it. I know breaking her nose was an accident, but if he had done the right thing in the first place, or even said "I'm sorry" there would be no police report, and no TMZ story. I feel so bad for Lil right now. She didn't ask for any of this.

Not skeptical

It really makes no sense how all these people are bashing the girl that got hit. She did not submit these photos to tmz and did not ask for any of this attention. She is not looking for media coverage, and she certainly didn't purposely get in the way of a bar fight in order to get a nose job.

nico

Damn dat be one ugly beyotch

FREE LIL

I know for a fact that her nose IS broke, both pictures are from after the fact. If anyone hit your car in a parking lot, would they be able to just say I'm sorry, and get away with it? No, so why should he not be responsible for his actions that night? How would you feel if a drunken idiot broke your wife or girlfriends' nose in a fight? I can imagine any of you idiot men would be pissed about that! Noone is saying that he did this on purpose, but accident or not, he should be responsible for it!

tom

i hope we get a follow up on this it is a shame when you have a name like matt hughes thate you can not be left along if you want to go have some fun besides where were the bouncers or are there none hope everything works out for him and sorry for the young lady wrong time wrong place

FREE LIL

Everyone wants to comment on how bad she looks, I have seen trained UFC fighters come out of the ring looking worse than she does, so until you wanna get your nose cracked by Matt, shut the heck up!

Jackie

Hmm!!...She is probably looking for money to fix her nose. lol....

FREE LIL

it wouldnt need fixed if he had not broke it!

THIN LIZZY

He did her a favor.

FREE LIL

maybe one day he can do you the same favor

Cody Smith

I am the guy Matt threw into her. I feel bad about it, I was just tryin to blow him in the bar. I love him