« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cops Investigate UFC Legend Over Alleged Bar Attack

5/3/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UFC Hall-of-Famer Matt Hughes is at the center of a police investigation ... after a female bystander told cops she suffered a broken nose when the fighter went off on another man inside an Illinois bar.

0502_matt_hughes_ex_getty

TMZ has confirmed 37-year-old Hughes was named in a police report filed in Taylor Springs, IL ... stemming from an April 23 incident at a place called Trails End Bar and Grill.

According to a source who was inside the bar, Hughes got into an argument with a male bar patron ... which led to some forceful shoving.

Sources tell us ... the woman is alleging Hughes pushed the other man into her ... and she suffered a broken nose in the collision.  TMZ obtained a photo of the woman's face taken after the incident.

05002_matt_hughes_victim_WM_tmz

Cops tell us an investigation is currently underway. Calls to Hughes have not been returned.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Len

where is the break?

FREELIL2

I know this girl, have known her my whole life. She is not a bar skank and her husband makes great money. Matt Hughes referred to him as "Paul Bunyan" in his book. Matt has been in MANY bar fights. I know this because I have lived in the "Boro" my whole life. I went to school with Mark and Matt and used to hang out with their sister Beth. The cops probably won't do anything about this because he is our hometown hero, that is sad. Her and her husband rarely even go out! I'm sure Matt didn't mean for this to happen and told her he would take care of any damages. I hope he does what he says. For those of you who are making assumptions, don't. You really don't know these people or the whole situation.

FREE LIL

Now that Cody admitted it happened, all you haters can shut the hell up!

UNOthetruth

Moral of the story: Keep your butts at home with your families. What goes around comes around and it has come back to you both; fighting, gossiping, trying to act like your better than everyone when we all know you didn't grow up that way!

nick

Hmm someone wants quick pay check.

Who cares

Like my name implies "who cares", to me I am not sure why u would go to the police over this. I seen someone mention on here that he offered to pay her medical bills right after this happened, if that is the case then why the police..... Unless you are looking for some type of attention and compensation... Secondly how did these pics get put on this slezze ball website???? Either A: she sent the pics to them for some Money or B: the police turned them over to these idiots to put on this website for some money and thats the case they should be fired. If I was Hughes I would sue who ever sent these pics of her for defamation of character since he as of know has not been charged of anything..

pocket

Cody if you would have not been acting so gay that poor lady would have a nice regular looking nose!

from the boro

Obviously I am from the boro. I know both parties involved and can't believe this trash I'm reading. I have talked to the woman involved and she is mortified that this trash is on here. Obviously people don't know her or they wouldn't be saying her nose has always looked like that. Both pictures are after the fact. If I know anything about this its that her nose was perfect before the altercation in the bar. I don't care who did what but someone needs to fix that poor woman's nose. Matt is an ok person but does act like he's better. He does go around town professing that he's a big christian but doesn't practice what he preaches. The bibles he handed out on Ultimate Fighter he needs to start reading.

girlydingo

You people are immature as they come! I have known this girl for 20 years and her nose has never looked like that, she had nothing to do with these pictures being posted, actually she is very upset that tmz's stupid asses put this on here. And she is a very pretty girl and don't need anybodys money for that matter!!!!!! GROW UP PEOPLE!!!

Rick Ellard

If you go to Taylor Springs after midnight, you automatically assume a certain level of risk. I know that there was no malicious intent when this girl was injured. I also know that this girl is as 'meathead-ish' as any man in Hillsboro, and is not one to shy away from a physical altercation. I am not exonerating anyone from fault, but do believe this has been blown way out of proportion. If this girl is responsible for making this such a spectacle, shame on her. This should have been handled behind closed doors, especially if Matt offered to cover any medical expenses. There should not have been Facebook rants and there definitely should not have been any reason to get TMZ involved.

FREELIL2

I just got of the phone with the woman whom this happened to. She is beside herself and is sick over the whole ordeal. She is not a bar skank, she is not looking to GET PAID, and she did not send the pictures to TMZ. They told her when she called that they had the right to publish the photos without her permission. She sent the pics to 5 "friends." One of them obviously sent them to TMZ. To the people who are making all the ridiculous and demeaning comments, well I guess that shows your true character and LACK of intelligence. The woman in question is an awesome woman with a husband and a family. She does not need money from Matt, just her nose fixed. She is gorgeous and her nose looked nothing like the pictures display now. Also, for those of you who say Matt is a stupid country boy you should do your research a little bit better. Matt has a four year degree and earned All-American honors. What he does in his personal life is really no ones business. Matt can be a jackass, as us from the "BORO" know all too well, but in no way do I believe he meant for this to happen. You people need to think about the effects of what you say before you post. These are real people with real lives.

blabbermouth

Matt is suppose to be this religious, family guy. Wtf is he doing in a bar in the first place? why i'snt he at home with his family, being the family guy he confesses to be? how many real religious ppl goes to the local tavern? In my opinion? do not play the religious card if you are not going to put 100% in a religion.

seriously?!

@Blabbermouth: One night out in your local bar is not a big deal. I am fairly certain that being a Christian still allows you to have free time to do as you please. Being at a bar does not make you a non-Christian or a hypocrite. This is the dumbest thing that has happened in a long time, if it was just some joe-shmo that shoved the kid after being taunted relentlessly, no one would give a damn. We all know that Matt can afford to fix the chick's nose and that he is going to. Why are people being so ridiculous about this?

unknown

actually matts pretty conceided and im not suprised by what happened. He starts fights with drunks bc he thinks he some big hot shot who can get away with everything.

really??

i must say, im not impressed with mr matt hughes as things stood before... he only seems to be an all american good ol boy when the media is around...ive seen him on more than one occasion shrugging off children and strutting his self absorbed ass around town... apparently schmoozing with the well to dos takes precedence over acknowledging a young boy who just wanted a smile and a wave. but whatever... and its not the girl or the town thats got anything to do with the incident... thats just what happens when you mix alcohol and a large ego in a room with a bunch of people who are frankly sick of "the champ" and his hypocrisy
.... just sayin...