« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Charlie Sheen -- Chicks Dig The Long Ball

5/5/2011 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen strapped on his cleats last week ... stepped into the batter's box at a college baseball field ... and blasted a home run off of a former major league player ... and TMZ has the footage.050411_charlie_sheen_v3_still

Sheen was hanging out in Denver, CO on Friday when he felt like taking some batting practice ... so he bought five cases of baseballs and headed over to All City Field where a local club team was holding practice.

Sheen -- who was with former Major League stud Todd Zeile -- asked the players if he could take a few cuts ... and they were more than happy to let him play ball.

With Zeile on the mound ... Sheen ripped one over the right field fence ... 360 feet deep!!!!

After the hitting session, we're told Sheen took a bunch of photos with the players ... and donated all of the baseballs to the team.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Why Me?

@bbrown - it's not difficult hitting a MLB size baseball over the fence when using an aluminum bat. Sheen wouldn't even come close if he was using a wooden bat.

ksis

YAWN to certain things.

Oh and TMZ...As much as I love watching Charlie's videos, THIS is the news that you should be posting here. But I guess it makes him look TOO good for your bosses' liking?

Bubbles The Chimp

Umm..Not Impressive. The pitcher is not even throwing MLB strength and you have not stated if the player was even a 'pitcher'.

IndyGirl

If I knew nothing about baseball, I'd be impressed. But... a former major leaguer is probably not throwing anything over 85-90mph to Charlie (I'm sure he doesn't want to set him off on a violent torpedo of whatever). My 13yr old son plays baseball on 360...ft 60/90 fields. He is routinely pitched 85-90+mph fastballs (plus sliders, curveballs, cutters, junk, etc.). He & his teammates have hit several homeruns already this season. Without knowing the exact facts of what kind of pitch Charlie was thrown, this doesn't sound that impressive. Batting practice with live pitches is MUCH different that actual game pitches.

AynRandy

Impressive, yes, but Todd was a catcher, never a pitcher.

Nancy

If you read the comments on the above story, you will notice that most are uniformly questioning both the legitimacy of Sheen's so-called 'charity,' and the motives of someone who has done everything but stand on his head for publicity lately. In other words, the people on that site are just as smart as the ones on this one when it comes to doubting Charlie the Tuna.

CC

Zeile is just one of Chucky Sleeze's monkeys. Sleeze hangs out with Zeile because Zeile has the contacts to get Sleezy into these ballparks (where Chucky Sleeze doesn't belong BTW). Just a couple of losers passing time in a ballpark......

ksis

YAWN.

Bubbles The Chimp

I supposed the only person impressed by this would be TMZ 'Resident Charlie Fluffer' Mike.

hahahha

Indygirl im sure your 13yr old can hit 85-90 mph pitches. 13yr olds cant hardly throw that fast. Ever heard of batting practice? even in MLB during BP they are not being pitched to at 85-90 mph. So get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Jack D.C.

See, what did I tell you - "Good Byes" are not yet in order. He will do whatever he can to stay visible and TMZ will just keep posting CS stories. Now, THAT's a BIG YAWN.

OK, seems that I will need to make a header or a footer for each comment that I make here. Rough draft:

1. Please do not attempt to engage me in debate. This is not a debating club. This is TMZ.

2. Please do not expect me to make ANY "timely" response. This is NOT a live, interactive chat room.

3. Please do your own research. I will only share what I want to share when I want to share it.

4. Please expect RECIPROCITY from me ALWAYS. Look it up if that word is not in your vocabulary.

Now, if I can figure out a way to condense and shorten it I'll be satisfied.

Autumn_in_Michigan

OK, I'm confused. I read the story and watched the video. Nowhere did I find any stats on the actual pitching speed of the balls that Charlie was hitting. Either people are pulling numbers out of the ethers or some other location or there is another more detailed story about this event elsewhere online. I'm not interested enough to look right now - but maybe later if I get bored enough.

OBTW, looks like a bit of ego fluffing going on at batting practice. Whatever it takes to keep CS going I guess.

1. Please do NOT attempt to engage me in debate. This is not a debating club. This is TMZ.

2. Please do NOT expect me to make ANY "timely" response. This is NOT a live, interactive chat room.

4. Please DO expect RECIPROCITY from me.

3. Please do your OWN research.

killerbee

I live right there. This is Denver South High School. Wind was probably blowing out, too. Next.

You guys are all ridiculous. I am on DUs team and you have no idea what this guy is really about. He does this in every city he is in because he loves the game. They tried to go out to Coors Field but the Rockies had a game that night, he hit with Georgia Tech, on the MArlins Field, on the Nationals Field, and was going to the Giant's Field later in the week. Yes he is using a metal bat, and no Todd Zeile was not throwing more than 70 miles per hour. It was BATTING PRACTICE, not "strike out the celebrity" practice. He did not give us the balls to get noticed and be considered a good person in the public eye, he left them with us because what does he need them for? He is a normal human being and you guys need to relax. He was there for about 4 hours with Zeile and 7 other people who live in Colorado that are long time friends he caught up with. He took time to take pictures with all the players on the team, and even some high school students who begged him to get out of the car as he was leaving. Personally, I don't understand why you guys can really make this about more than him playing baseball. Give the dude a break.

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Nancy,

Thank you for giving readers a head's up. I have provided information (below) on the realities of setting up a tax deductible charitable organization. Also note, Charlie's website is a .com not a .org, which is also suspect.
~~~~~~~~~
Nancy 9 hours ago

~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you want to solicit contributions from the public, you need to form a separate entity (usually a non-profit corporation, but the form differs state-by-state). This entity will need to be operated on a not-for-profit basis, and will need to register with the state charities commission, attorney general or other appropriate regulatory body that oversees charitable solicitations in the state. You need a lawyer to help with this."

"If, in addition, you want contributors to be able to make tax-deductible contributions to the fund, you will need to apply for and receive tax-exempt status from the IRS under Section 501(c)(3). The application form, called a 1023, is quite long and complex, and is designed for the establishment of a charitable organization. Thus, 3-year budgets, etc. are required. You absolutlely should use a lawyer and accountant familiar with tax-exempt organizations before embarking on this process, which is not easy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My rules of engagement:

3. Please DO expect RECIPROCITY from me.

4. Please do your OWN research.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments