Charlie Sheen: Kelly Preston Shot Herself

5/3/2011 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen claims he did not shoot Kelly Preston ... and that it was Kelly herself who caused the gun to fire and injure herself in the infamous 1990 incident.

050311_charlie_sheen_video
Sheen gave his version of events during his "My Violent Torpedo of Truth" stop in Vancouver Monday night.  He says he was downstairs drinking coffee, when he heard a shot from upstairs.

Sheen says he then saw a naked Kelly Preston at the top of the stairs, covered in blood.

Charlie explained Kelly had picked up a pair of his pants in the bathroom -- when a revolver that was secreted in his pocket fell to the ground and discharged. Sheen claims the bullet hit the toilet and either shrapnel or a piece of porcelain from the toilet ricocheted and struck her.

Charlie says at the time he knew he'd be blamed for it.

Kelly and Charlie broke off their engagement shortly after the incident. So far, no comment from Preston's camp.

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Nancy,

Well, what would we expect from Sheenites when their Clueless Leader thinks that life is a movie set?

OK, for the record - we are located on the TMZ website. More specifically, we are keying in words in a dialog box on the comments section.

Here's where we ARE NOT. We are NOT in a live, interactive chat room.

Look it up if you don't understand the fancy, high tech jargon.

Nancy about an hour ago
There is no "online room" here.

There is no "message board."

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Kathyo,

Please don't hate on me ;-) - but SOME of us have a housekeeper :-).

SOME of us only do the domestic activities that we prefer to do ourselves, like landscaping.

SOME of us are well into a comfortable staged retirement and living it up in the Golden Years.

SOME of us have a small, online business for fun that allows for loads of time off at our own discretion.

SOME of us have many hobbies - and sometimes SOME of us like to make TMZ a temporary hobby.

Autumn_in_Michigan

I just love the way that certain woman-hating persons of the female gender routinely suck up to any mysogonistic males - available or not. Hope they are into making sammich's and fetching brewskies and giving blow jobs on demand.

Kathyo

I was responding to One Eye that said we should do something productive like the dishes....my smart a** way of letting him know....TMZ is just a distraction....doesn't get in the way of other things.

I also have a small, hopefully to be HUGE one day online business and another part time thing I do from home as well so I spend a lot of time in front of the computer on some days

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Kathyo,

Yeah, I got what you were doing/saying. I thought that your response was funny :-), but it may just go right over his little head.

My comments were also in response to ol' One Eye's BS.

Best of luck with that business venture. I plan to keep mine small. It starts to get a bit too demanding sometimes so I counter by slowing it down or taking a vacation from it. Love that I can do that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
My rules of engagement:

1. Please do NOT attempt to engage me in debate. This is not a debating club. This is TMZ.

2. Please do NOT expect me to make ANY "timely" response. This is NOT a live, interactive chat room.

4. Please DO expect RECIPROCITY from me.

3. Please do your OWN research.

ksis

@Kathyo

OneEye probably was not even thinking of you when he/she wrote that;)
Nice to see someone else is goofing off from work too. I was accused of lying about my job just because I sometimes use my breaks to come here and comment. LMAO!

OneEye

Let me clear something up here. Doing things around the house is not, let me repeat that, is not gender specific. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that a fair share of the responders here are guys, still living at home with their parents...and in my opinion oughta be washing there own freakin' plate and spoon.

I'm 68. I'm retired after putting in almost 50 years of bust my hump and raising a son, then a daughter. As an aside here...anybody that can raise up a daughter to become self-sufficient has my admiration. I pulled two tours in Vietnam and I'm here to tell you...compared to raising a daughter, that was a walk in the park.

So, please, don't assume I'm dissin' the females here, or employ any type of misogyny. A woman bore me...I'm indebted to that forever. Plus I had a few wives. In fact, I had too many wives! WTF was I thinkin'!! :)

ksis

@OneEye

"In fact, I had too many wives! WTF was I thinkin'!! :)"

Charlie could relate. LOL!!

Nancy

@OneEye

I agree with you on raising a daughter... still in the process with mine, but she IS in college, at least, getting her own loans and making her way. The son is MUCH easier, IMO.

I didn't read your comment as dissin' females, per se, just making an observation on the average gossip-site commenter. I'm here because I see Charlie as the same 'good-time' guy that my father was... and equally as crappy at being a "father" to his kids. It irks me, since what we've seen of his children has shown us some gorgeous, adorable kids.

If he'd get himself together, straighten up, and quit sucking for so much publicity, I'd be off his case, for sure. Unfortunately, I don't think that's about to happen, judging from the way he can't seem to accept responsibility for any of his actions.

Yeah, he's still making it... but how much longer?

OneEye

You know, we're all a little driven by our hormones and our chemistry. Charlie? No different than you and I. Honestly...I wish I had all the time and money I'd spent chasing ***** from the time I was 11 until I was 65. Had I realized then it was just hormones, I think I could have fought it. As it were...I thought I was just bein' a guy.

Charlie? Charlie's just following his drive. It's what made him the character you liked on 2½ Men. But no, people weren't satisfied with a half hour of entertainment, with watching Sheen portray the comical OZ of witticisms (props to Chuck Lorre's writing)...they want TMZ and their ilk to pull the curtain back and expose who OZ "really" is. I don't care. I don't! It's like when a magician impresses you, what's the first thing you ask? "How'd you do that?" Yeah, that's just what I want after I'm impressed...to be unimpressed.

Look, i get it, I'm glad there's a place you all can come to feed your egos about who you are compared to others. But please, don't pretend you know who these people 'really' are. Does anyone know who YOU really are? No, they don't. Why? You tell me!

Crazy Head

Okay so his girlfriend took a bullet from his gun and he blames her. Not really recovered man

OneEye

@Nancy

"I agree with you on raising a daughter... still in the process with mine, but she IS in college, at least, getting her own loans and making her way."

Good onya, Nancy. I was flipping through the channels a day or so ago and came across Oprah. I don't watch Oprah. But, Chis Rock was on...and I loves me some Chris Rock. Truth incarnate, if you ask me. Oprah has just asked Chris Rock, and I paraphrase, what do you think your job as a father is? Without a flinch Rock replied, "Keeping my daughter off the pole!"

And there it is. [with respects to those that wind up on the pole...from no fault of their own]

Nancy

@OneEye

Yup, that about sums it up. Although, I'd really, REALLY like for my kids to be happy AND healthy AND gainfully employed. Too much? We'll see, huh? Parenthood is a damned hard job and it requires time, patience and presence. I think we could agree on that, couldn't we?

Jack DaCarup

I agree! I'm a single mom of 2 daughters. 20 & 21. OY VEY!

OneEye

@Nancy

"Parenthood is a damned hard job and it requires time, patience and presence. I think we could agree on that, couldn't we?"

With that being the "short" list...yes, I would agree. I could probably write a book on how to raise kids...and were my father still alive...he would absolutely disagree with me. :)