Charlie Sheen: Kelly Preston Shot Herself

5/3/2011 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen claims he did not shoot Kelly Preston ... and that it was Kelly herself who caused the gun to fire and injure herself in the infamous 1990 incident.

050311_charlie_sheen_video
Sheen gave his version of events during his "My Violent Torpedo of Truth" stop in Vancouver Monday night.  He says he was downstairs drinking coffee, when he heard a shot from upstairs.

Sheen says he then saw a naked Kelly Preston at the top of the stairs, covered in blood.

Charlie explained Kelly had picked up a pair of his pants in the bathroom -- when a revolver that was secreted in his pocket fell to the ground and discharged. Sheen claims the bullet hit the toilet and either shrapnel or a piece of porcelain from the toilet ricocheted and struck her.

Charlie says at the time he knew he'd be blamed for it.

Kelly and Charlie broke off their engagement shortly after the incident. So far, no comment from Preston's camp.

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Nancy,

I guess that we are just a couple of ignorant old broads who don't know what we are talking about and are just nasty HATERS. Right. Thought you might find this LA Times Blog interesting:

"As much as we loathe giving Charlie Sheen more ink -- or whatever the electronic equivalent is -- well, here we go. In recent days, Sheen has decided to aim his violent torpedo at something other than Chuck Lorre. Sheen's new targets? Homelessness, poverty and -- violence. Yes, really.

The actor's new charity, Sheen's Korner, recently announced plans to throw money at Bryan Stow, the San Francisco Giants fan who was beaten into a coma outside of Dodger Stadium on opening day. Sheen is also giving away signed baseballs in exchange for donations of $100 or more toward the victims of the Alabama tornadoes.

Lastly, Sheen's made some noise about raising cash for bipolar awareness, providing -- after a little nudging -- more than $5,000 for the Organization for Bipolar Affective Disorders.

So! Altogether now! Who's impressed?

"Too little, too late," sniffs Bretton Holmes, a crisis PR guy who recently represented Laurel Kagay, an ex of "The Bachelor" contestant Brad Womack. "A sure sign of desperation on his part."

"Fruitless," echoes BJ Coleman, a publicist whose client roster has included Naomi "Run! She's Got a Cellphone!" Campbell. "Sheen needs to directly address his pending issues with his fan base and take ownership for any personal problems he may facing and deal with them."

Ouch. But what about The People? They must appreciate the effort. Right?

"We've seen in the past two weeks someone whose reputation is damaged and continuing to spiral out of control," says Kenneth C. Wisnefski, founder and chief executive at WebiMax, a reputation management company specializing in social media. "There is simply no monitoring or control in place that can stop his down-falling reputation."

Well! We know someone who won't be getting a signed baseball anytime soon."

Autumn_in_Michigan

Gosh, I could have sworn that Charlie Sheen was a 9/11 Truther who believes that the US Gov not Osama bin Laden masterminded the "attacks". So, why would he prefer Osama bin Laden dead and applaud the Navy Seals?

charliesheen Charlie Sheen

Dead or Alive. WE PREFER DEAD! Well done SEAL team! AMERICA: #WINNING that's how we roll.... c

2 May

ksis

Back on topic, which is Charlie.

@Melissa

Charlie Sheen probably earned enough to finance his won tour without Live Nation being part of it. He has always been saying that this tour was an experiment. Some things worked, some didn't, no big deal. I heard what he said about Live Nation in the Dool's interview and it was a pretty decent "goodbye, it was fun, but it's not for me" kinda comment.
Anyway...Nothing about the European tour is specific yet, so he might as well change his plans about coming. He will probably go to see Scott Dools in Australia in June, though.

I found a nice interview with Dools from March. Dunno who has heard it. I haven't, so I thought I'd post it. It's in 5 parts on YT. Scott and Charlie are cracking each other up. LOL

john.krats

Anyone who would leave a loaded revolver in their trousers lying about the house deserves a lobotomy. Err, Charlie does not need one.

It takes retard strength to be Charley Sheen.

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Ksis,

The topic is Charlie when you want to talk about Charlie and the topic is making digs at other people when that's what you want to do.

You used to have a LOT of people to make digs at here but most of them aren't around anymore. You have also decided to target me even though I am not the only person here who is here and still making remarks about your stalking. Lucky, lucky me, I get to be your favorite hater. What an ego trip for me.

OBTW, nice job of imitating Nancy here. And, nice job of being nonchalant about not actually knowing what's said in the things that you post here.

ksis 6 hours ago

"Yawn. More yaddayadda from a stalker. And expecting some more. However the stalker won't get much from me. The stalker's ego is big enough.

Back on topic, which is Charlie.

I found a nice interview with Dools from March. Dunno who has heard it. I haven't, so I thought I'd post it"

ksis

YAAAAAAAAWN.

Autumn_in_Michigan

The actual topic of this story is Charlie using the shooting incident involving his gun and Kelly Preston as a part of his show. Those who are interested in this topic might also find it interesting to hear Kelly's remarks in a video on a new story here, scant as they are.

The points in agreement are - his gun in his pants pocket accidentally shot Kelly.

Still no mention of make and model of gun although the fact of being in a pants pocket suggests a slim outline automatic - which is consistent with what Charlie says.

I am one of the few people here who have shared actual firearms facts. I have said that it is possible that the gun was an older .25 that could have had safety issues and could have discharged on impact as is being claimed.

I am no expert on firearms, but I am old enough to have owned a .25 and to remember their safety issues, which I discussed in more detail earlier. That makes me one of the few people here who gave any credibility to Charlie's story about how the accident occurred.

That said, I also agree with the people who say that even if the story is true he is the firearms owner and he was irresponsible. I am also skeptical about the whole incident, the larger story surrounding the incident, and more than a bit disgusted with how Charlie has (1) used the story as part of his show and (2) made salacious remarks about Kelly and (3) made implications that she was suicidal.

Now that Kelly has made her comments I am even more skeptical. Its a shame that she has to be bothered now with a dredged up past like so many other people that Charlie has been yapping about in his shows. But, she might have been better off to have said "no comment" than what she did say. Just my opinion, as always.

Autumn_in_Michigan

@ksis,

You do know that not making any responses at all is different that your "YAWNS" - and that your "YAWNS" are just another dig, right? I mean "leaving us alone" would be not making any response whereas a dig is a dig.

I would feel more concern about people being dragged through this muck here day after day except that its clear that people only read the comments that they want to when they want to.

ksis 19 minutes ago
YAAAAAAAAWN.

ksis

PUKE.

Oh and I will stop my comments as soon as you stop yours. Since apparently I'm your fav subject even when I'm not here, YAWNING and PUKING is what you're gonna be getting.
Everyone here can see who is obsessed and who is a DIG-MASTER. All your posts refer to me. You are a very disturbed person.
Back to YAWNING.

Kathyo

I have been holding back for some from making comments but since I saw my name mentioned, I am going to try to be as diplomatic as possible. I would like to start off by saying that I think I probably agree with just about everything that SIM has had to say about charlie. I think you have a lot of insight into his behaviors that some people may not see. I do not agree with the majority of what ksis has had to say and I have a had a problem in the past with her seeming unwillingness to accept anything negative about him. ksis has not garnished any sympathy from me, she can take care of herself. I have my opinions about why she is so one sided in her defense of charlie but I will keep that to myself, the real point is that I realized it was completely futile to argue with her, a waste of time and energy so why continue to do it. She is just as entitled to her opinion as we are to ours. I think some of her ways of defending him are downright crazy sometimes but you can't argue with crazy...so why bother. I will post my opinions, she will post hers, you will post yours. Now having said that, as much as I respect your opinions and insights into charlie, I think you are doing a lot of the exact same things that you accuse ksis of if not more at this point. I'm sorry but that is just my perspective lately and that bothers me because when I come on here and continue to see you drag her into so many post, it "fogs" my perception of what you have to say. We know ksis disagrees with us but she has just as much right to post her "supportive" posts and to comment on what people post as we do. We "jump" and we debate people who feel differently than we do so I do not see the difference when she opposes a comment. Everyone is guilty of going over the top at times, myself included.

ksis

@Kathyo

You know what? You just proved that on that very first day I talked to you and angeleyes, I was right about you.
Thank you for trying to be objective. Yes, I can take care of myself just fine and I can deal with people. You and I will never agree about Charlie, but I think you can see that discussion with me is possible. We have done it.
I don't need sympathy. All need in a place where I post, is the same amount of respect as I am giving.
This person and I never respected one another and never will, but I have never been obsessing about her or anyone in my life as much as she has been about me. I would be happy to ignore, but only if I am ignored too. I will not turn the other cheek. EVER.

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Kathyo,

Thank you for making your comments. I appreciate your feedback - and not just the part where you agree with my comments about Charlie or that I have insight.

You are right as rain - you can't argue with crazy.

Oh, and - two wrongs do not make one right.

However, ksis has routinely attempted to establish that she has rights here that no one else does - unless she grants them. No one "debating" here has done that to anyone else. That is my primary objection to what ksis is doing here, more than the nasty digs and the trashing of other people's views.

However, again, Its quite evident that nothing is going to stop ksis from what she is doing.

Since my primary purpose here is to make my own statements about Charlie, I don't want to "fog" what I am saying with extraneous discussion. That was what Raymond was doing to "dissenter's" comments and ability to stay on topic with his obsessive blitz attacks.

So, just exactly what do you advise me to do?

Autumn_in_Michigan

@ksis,

It may be true that you have never respected me but you are putting words in my mouth and thoughts in my head to say that I have never respected you. I am NOT going to simply stay silent about that.

We may have gotten off on the wrong foot, but I tried to make amends with you. You never gave me that chance. And, I can prove my claim if I have to by going into my comments section and retrieving the comments where I tried to make amends with you.

"This person and I never respected one another and never will"

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Kathyo,

Ksis seems to think that you are trying to be objective and seems to have some amount of trust in you. I also have some trust in you. So, if you were willing to, maybe you could mediate/arbitrate some sort of agreement that we could all be willing to adhere to. Lucky you :-). The reward for speaking up. LOL!

Anyway, as I said in my previous post, my primary issue is that ksis seems to think that she has more rights here than others do. She just said:

" All need in a place where I post, is the same amount of respect as I am giving. "

That is actually the problem, IMO - she IS getting the same amount of respect she is giving because she doesn't give much respect to others.

I'll share what Roast_Beef recently posted (next) because (1) its a good description of the way that ksis has approached others here and how they feel about her approach; and, (2) its a statement from someone other than me.

Obviously, nothing I say will ever be acceptable to ksis, and she will never actually try to hear what I'm saying, which is why I suggest a mediation or arbitration process by someone she does trust.

ksis

GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR PRESENT OPINIONS ABOUT ME, I AM NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR PAST OPINIONS ABOUT ME. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN ANYONE WHO HAS GIVEN ANY SUPPORT TO CERTAIN SOMEONE'S REMARKS. PERIOD.
Now, look around. You will notice, that you and your three puppy dogs are the only ones having problems with me posting MY OPINIONS. Well, too bad, because I am not going to stop. I would be happy to forget you exist but only if you stop harrassing me in your post and following me around. If not, you will get YAWN and PUKE. You deserve nothing more.