Charlie Sheen: Kelly Preston Shot Herself

5/3/2011 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen claims he did not shoot Kelly Preston ... and that it was Kelly herself who caused the gun to fire and injure herself in the infamous 1990 incident.

050311_charlie_sheen_video
Sheen gave his version of events during his "My Violent Torpedo of Truth" stop in Vancouver Monday night.  He says he was downstairs drinking coffee, when he heard a shot from upstairs.

Sheen says he then saw a naked Kelly Preston at the top of the stairs, covered in blood.

Charlie explained Kelly had picked up a pair of his pants in the bathroom -- when a revolver that was secreted in his pocket fell to the ground and discharged. Sheen claims the bullet hit the toilet and either shrapnel or a piece of porcelain from the toilet ricocheted and struck her.

Charlie says at the time he knew he'd be blamed for it.

Kelly and Charlie broke off their engagement shortly after the incident. So far, no comment from Preston's camp.

Kathyo

ksis, some of these comments are so off the wall, it almost makes ME want to defend charlie....

ksis

@Kathyo

LOL! Don't. That's my job here;) Oh and I found your post.

Kathyo

I just saw your response a little while ago...I think we covered it all...differently but we covered it....that is what makes the world go round! I think maybe you're just willing to give him the benefit of the doubt WAY more than I am...and maybe that is what I do with the women in his life.

Abderia

ya....can the genius that is carlos estevez not comprehend that having a loaded gun with [presumably] the safety off in a random pair of pants and not informing the person that lives with you that HEY BY THE WAY, there's an effing loaded gun in my pants that are on the floor, be careful.....nice to warn your loved one, right? Naw...cause that's so not #WINNING

ksis

*******************************

Yep, pretty much. And you know why I think that is? Among other things of course...It's because he TALKS. He doesn't hide behind legal do***ents only.
But, I am more than willing to agree to disagree. At least we more or less share the opinion of Brooke;)

Zelda

I can't believe anyone is taking up for this low life piece of crap. Karma has a way of catching up to idiots like this and it will. I can't wait to see it happen, and the sooner the better. Charlie Sheen is an ugly cadaver who has lost what little brain cells he ever had, which wasn't much to begin with. there is a petition at go petition to sign to ask the spca to investigate the moron for animal cruelty, what is next starving his kids? I hope I pick up the paper one day and read that he offed himself, it would be a day to celebrate.

Telstar

ahhh...he just doesn't like being accused of his gun going off while he's still got his pants on.....

Tom

The biggest question is: why were you in another room when Kelly Preston was naked?!!!

Muppet

It happened 21 years ago! Geez time to let it go! I can't imagine having things I did that many years ago thrown in my face over and over! No wonder so many celebs go nuts!

sickofit

The really sad part is that Charlie told this story to make himself look better. I know I want my kids to be around someone responsible enough to leave a loaded gun in their dirty jeans on the bathroom floor. He did not even think that the judge who will decide his child custody case will be listening/reading/youtubing this statement and consider how responsible this man is, and how safe he is.

James Mc82

i just skimmed over Cinderf*ckinrella's 9billion word epic volume of insanity. She's FAR more mental than i thought... by such a longgggg way OMFG! ;)

Ron

Modern revolvers (say, made after the 1960...s) have a transfer bar or similar mechanism that makes it impossible to fire unless the trigger is pulled. You can drop it on the hammer all day and it will not hit the firing pin because there is a barrier that isn't removed unless the trigger is all the way back. Unless the gun was ancient, the story seems really unlikely. If we knew the make and model of the gun, we could prove this conclusively.

James Mc82

Zelda about an hour ago

---------------------------------------------------------------

Zelda, I love your style! ;) 'ugly cadaver' haha!
spca petition url:

do something good plz ppl and sign it.

Rabbitt

Okay, right. Sure Charlie...whateeeever you say, tiger blood.

At least Kelly dodged a bigger bullet that night by kicking you to the curb and getting off your crazy train. Smart girl.

Superman

I didn't even know he was banging Kelly Preston before Travolta. That's got to suck hearing your wife was a slut.