Miley Does Nirvana -- Kurt Cobain Spins In Grave

5/3/2011 6:26 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Miley Cyrus is Disney ... Nirvana is grunge -- and never the twain shall meet ... except it happened in Ecuador last week, when Miley decided to perform, "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

050311_miley_cyrus_video

Hmmm

The band sounded pretty good but Miley is just terrible! She disgraced that song. She needs to go sing in the hillbilly bars.

granmur

OMG That was awful. AWFUL

Michael Jackson's Voice

OMG! Ok I couldn't listen any further past the first few bars she started destroying! Studio voice cant sing in actual settings of public live shows... She aint lip-syncing here for sure as her voice sux and her singing is quite possibly the worst kerioki version of singing!! Girl needs to lay off the bongs and maybe get some real voice lessons... Irrelevant!!! she is irrelevant!

I am me bitchez

The audience sounded like they were enjoying it. She was just trying to show her edgy side. It did not seem to work so well but at least she was trying to pay tribute to one of her influences.

flwr

Dear GOD. THAT WAS HORRIBLE. And what was with her 'I don't wanna mess up my makeup' head banging? Stick to what you know, Miley. It's obvious Nirvana, let alone, Kurt Cobain was not an inspiration to you otherwise your music would sound WAY better!

joe

her dancing reminded me of elaine dancing on seinfeld.

Byronious

Come on yawl....what do u guys really think?

Eddy

SHE DANCES LIKE ELAINE from SEINFELD !!!!!!!!

Shelly

My girls are 18 and 15. They have always loved Miley Cyrus, acting and singing. I personally don't think she can sing very well at all. I think her time has run out, just like her dads did.

Brandon Hex

Kids ruins everything, including songs called Smells Like teen Spirit. I'm shocked she even remembered the words from when she read the song lyrics for the first time, 3 days ago.

First Avril ruins Metallica
Rebecca Black ruins Friday's
now Cyrus expects me to just be OK with this.

Kids, stay away from things adults love or loved.

kaly

WTF! Seriously - does she take herself seriously?!

DANA

If Kurt was still alive, seeing this would made him do it.

Jack

Girl needs to learn to walk on high heels and/or work on her posture. It goes without saying that she needs to stick to bubble-gum music and leave the classics alone.

Fozzie

I wish they would give writers credit for writing. This sounds like Evan.

jerry

You people, always on the negative. She did just fine. I don't see any of you with a tour singing in front of tens of thousands. Good on her for her success. Rock on Miley, have fun.