Oksana DROPS Domestic Violence Claim Against Mel!

5/4/2011 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In a shocking move in court today ... Oksana Grigorieva just dropped her domestic violence claim against Mel Gibson.

1122_oksana_mel_EX_tmz_2

Oksana's lawyer, Dan Horowitz, announced to Judge Scott Gordon ... they would no longer be pursuing the claim that Mel's alleged violence against her is grounds to change the custody order.

Mel's lawyer, Stephen Kolodny and the judge were visibly shocked.

Sources tell us ... Oksana dropped the domestic violence claim as a gesture -- extending an olive branch in an attempt to settle the custody case.

And the DV protective order Oksana obtained -- prohibiting Mel from contacting or harassing her -- has also been terminated.  Sources connected with Oksana say she would like to be able to communicate directly with Mel, rather than using intermediaries.  No word on whether Mel feels the same way -- though we're guessing not.
050411_oksana_girgorieva_v2_video
Horowitz did not say if Oksana is still pursuing a civil lawsuit against Mel.

fuddyduddy

One more thought before I call it a night...I think that Horowtiz is thinking that this might be the last ditch effort at a settlement for the civil trial. I think that he's thinking a little of something is better than a whole lot of nothing. Judge Gordon I don't think will budge on anything else now with the custody case. He will order that the mediated agreement is in force and should be adhered to. The mediated agreement won't be set aside.

Civil suit isn't looking good and OG is taking the risk that Mel would turn around and sue her for extortion, and I think that case would have more chance of success than her civil trial for DV, and especially now with her dropping her attempts at DV in her family law case...how serious would that look to a jury in a civil trial? Not serious at all.

I think the fat lady is warming up and getting ready to sing.

little aussie reader

I think maybe I've been spoilt fud, hubby still opens doors for me, even after all this time. Gotta love him. :o)

fuddyduddy

Good night everyone...

kali

He is a lower yanno!

Its all so suspicious, someone should give us a q&a.

kali

Nite fuddy, nice to see you again :)

little aussie reader

Night fuddy. Fingers crossed for the fat lady. :o)

fuddyduddy

LAR...you are a lucky woman, and I'm sure your hubby likes it when you show him your appreciation for all he does. (wink) :)

fuddyduddy

Good night, Kali...it was nice to see you, too! Hugs

little aussie reader

fuddy - He better. ;o) ;o)

little aussie reader

kali - are custody cases in Canada as public as this? I'm always amazed at how much is leaked. It wouldn't happen here.

kali

You are lucky little!

little aussie reader

Thanks kali - I think so too. He's a good egg :o)

kali

No we are pretty boring up here, in my province anyways. One of the biggest news in court cases was a lowlife loser Jackie Tran. It took forever to get him out of the country.

little aussie reader

Here too kali. The rights of the child are uppermost and no way would the details be made public. It's really very sad for Lucia that all this muck-raking is allowed.

little aussie reader

Other than when a parent does a runner with their child you just don't hear about child custody cases in the news here.