President Obama WILL NOT Release Death Photo

5/4/2011 10:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

President Barack Obama has now decided he will NOT release the ultra-gory photos of Osama bin Laden's bloody, bullet-ridden face to the public.

0504_osama_BN_Getty-01

The news comes in the wake of reports that Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Hillary Clinton had advised Obama about concerns that releasing a photograph could prompt a backlash against the U.S.

Obama told "60 Minutes" ... "The risks of release outweigh the benefits" ... adding, "Conspiracy theorists around the world will just claim the photos are doctored anyway, and there is a real risk that releasing the photos will only serve to inflame public opinion in the Middle East."

Obama continued, "Imagine how the American people would react if al-Qaida killed one of our troops or military leaders, and put photos of the body on the internet."

"Osama bin Laden is not a trophy -- he is dead and let's now focus on continuing the fight until al-Qaida has been eliminated."

janalal4

I don't care about the birth cert. in the least. It's all about the NNC as per the constitution. Obama's father was a british citizen when he was born, so Barry is a brit. You fell for that hope and change bs didn't you.
*************************************************************

No, actually I'm a nurse & I 'fell for' the fact that somebody finally came up with a plan that made some sense for our healthcare system. Since I work in it I kind of understand what I'm talking about here. Of course the Republicans didn't like it because it cut into the way they 'line their pockets'. No I was listening to what the man had to say during the election process not scrutinizing the constituition & researching his family tree. Like I said, I would think there's probably people who can handle that a bit better than you & I. I 'assume' people are going to do their jobs when it comes to things such as making sure a presidential candidate is fit for office & meets all the qualifications. Like I said, I don't see boogeymen around every corner in my government.

PRO US

Ldawg 3 minutes ago

janalal4, you need to pull your head out of Barry O's butt and wake up. You think it's all about hope and change and all that. He doesn't give a crap about you or this country. Wake up. Snap out of the Obama haze.. He is just using you for your vote. Don't be a sheep.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Well said! janalal4 is an Obamaholic Obamatron.

Mikey

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia – Saudi Arabia says an al-Qaida member on the kingdom's most wanted list called from abroad and turned himself in.
Attention all al-Qaida members, turn yourselves in or get shot in the head and fed to the sharks like fish food. EOM

janalal4

janalal4, you're trying to frighten me? ROFL!!!

******************************************************

Are you kidding me with this sh..? Frighten you? Is this an act or are you always this paranoid? Frighten you how? If I was verbally 'attacking' you, you would know it because I would be using much stronger language. It's a debate. Christ, get some medication or something & come back when you don't sound like your scared of your own shadow.

emerald

I suppose it's just a question of faith & a fundamental belief in the government of my country. I think the difference is this simple: I look into a basket & see a bunch of 'good' apples with some 'rotten' ones here & there. YOU look into the basket & see far more rotten ones than I saw. I really think it's perspective. The scenario you are suggesting would see to indicate you believe a candidate that is LESS THAN QUALIFIED for the job of president could be conspired into office. I apply my best logic and judgement to the situation: I followed Obama in his campaign, I liked what he had to say, thought he held his own in debates, he expressed much of the same ideology as what I believed government should be, I voted for him. I don't think he's perfect but I 'believe in him' or I wouldn't support him. It takes far more than one man to make a successful president. He is only going to be as good as the men around him allow him to be. I think he HAS been hindered & part of that hinderance is a lingering racism in this country. We like to pretend it doesn't exist but it's very much still alive & well in this country. Sorry but I don't see boogeymen around every corner of my government & I do NOT expect bad behavior out of my politicians. I'm aware & vigilant for it but I don't EXPECT IT. I think that is the difference between someone who gives any extensive thought to conspiracy theories & someone who does not.
--------------------------------------------------------
I did not even say I believed the conspiracy theory FTLG!! There are two sides to every story, two sides to every coin and every one has the right to their opinion! I was just pointing out that people can't just laugh it all off as a nutty conspiracy theory - if only they could! Originally I thought wow, America has the first black President, how far we've come! The truth is we haven't, we were sold a fairytale and he talked the good talk, then he got into office and realised that at the end of the day he is really just a figurehead and his ability to change things willy nilly isn't going to happen - he doesn't have the power! The only world leaders who can run roughshod over everyone and bring in the policies they want without argument are called dictators!
You say you don't expect bad behaviour from your politicians, I don't know how old you are or where you've been living even in the last 20 years but power always brings a sense of privilege and entitlement to do what they want and to get away with it lol! Whether it's sex, booze, drugs, fraud, embezzlement, tax evasion, whatever, there is far too much of it going on to just sit back and trust that the politician talking to you isn't lying to you with every other sentence!!
A few nice big US scandals for you in say the past 40 years or so, JFK's inability to keep it in his pants, Ted and Bobby and the Chippaqua**** incident, Richard Nixon and Whitegate and ooh yes a closer one, Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky! It's going on, it's just we don't get to hear about it until someone decides to leak the information out to the press or someone dies!
You can consider me a cynic if you like, but then I have a feeling I'm older than you and I don't trust every word that comes out of ANY politicians mouth - it would be asinine to do so! They will say anything they want you to hear to get into office, once there they can just blow off their promises with excuses - you're stuck with them for 4 years regardless lol! A lot of politicians go into politics with fine ideals when they start out, those fine ideals get swept away all too easily when they find the reality of being in any form of elected office does not run how
they want it to but the way those truly in power want it to!
As for a candidate being less qualified than another to become President - there is no such thing as being qualified to be President, whoever gets into office spends 4 years learning the ropes and then hopes to get back in!
I did point out to you I'm not a great one for conspiracy theories myself but sometimes you have to accept there just may be a ring of truth to one! I also told you I did NOT say I believed it, I merely passed on what I had read and hears, if you can't accept the intake why bother reading?!
Faith is fine, closing your eyes and wearing blinkers to what is really going on in the world as a whole is idiotic!

Cindy

If they were to release the picture, that is like poking a dog on a chain with a stick. You put our military people more at risk because of retaliation. His supporters would see it too and that will infuriate them even more. They don't have the same thought process about things Americans do, it wouldn't be a warning to them, it would be an invitation to hurt even more Americans.

Ldawg

Well Kiddos, I am tired of the game so off I go. Please research your idol Obama. He is not who you think he is. Who paid for his Harvard Ed.? Why did he spend a year in Pakistan? Why doesn't he have a current law license? Why didn't he publish anything as Pres. of the Harvard Law Review? I could go on and on, please question his history because there is none. Ask him about his relations with Tony Rezko, his terrorist tied neighbor in Chicago. Please quit accepting his hope and change crap, he could care less about you and anything but your vote. Obots, you have been used by a con man. We need a president who will cut taxes and support business growth. Please research your hero Barry Hussein Soetoro Obama.

Jim

What kind BUllSH-t are they talking about. The towel head media had no problem showing our people being BEHEADED!!!! SHOW THE PICTURES. Screw there itty bitty fellings!!!

PRO US

janalal4 20 minutes ago

Whahhhhhh!! Get over yourself. If I'd have attacked you, you'd have known it.
---------------------------------------------------------------

When you say "If I'd have attacked you, you'd have known it", that sounds like a conditional threat to me.

Threats are illogical. You don't argue for a reason, jamalal4. You just like to argue.

Maybe it will be better if Obama doesn't release the photos of dead Osama. That way, Obama will lose the Presidency in 2012 to the Republican Candidate for President who will have pledged to release the photos that the majority of the American people demand to see. And Obamaholics like you, jamalal4, will be able to go cry in your beer. Obama will be able to retire and have some more books ghostwritten and go on a highly paid speaking tour and everyone will be happy except for the Obamaholics. Well, don't worry, they'll design a 12 step program for you and you'll be able to say you've been "clean" for x days/weeks/months/years.

janalal4

***********************************************************

and what part of my post gave you the idea that I 'close my eyes' 'wear blinkers' or whatever that is. I said I don't "automatically expect bad behavior from my politicians" not that it doesn't exist but I generally believe-GOING IN-that I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt & that "I was aware of it & was vigilant". No, I'm certainly not blind to it or refuse to see it when it's there. Frankly I thought something was wrong with John Edwards from the beginning. It was just a gut feeling but it was there. So no, I'm not blind but I do believe that Obama hasn't been given the benefit of the doubt at any turn. No, with the Republican opposition he's faced, I don't imagine he COULD get much done at all but I certainly don't think it's because he hasn't tried & if I didn't believe in his platform, I wouldn't have voted for him. I think much of the opposition comes from those who are threatened by a 'socialist form of ideology'. I work in healthcare & can tell you that our system doesn't work. THAT is what sold me on Obama. It's not a matter of blindly following Obama. I defend him because I believe in his politics, plain & simple.

emerald

Ldawg 41 minutes ago
Ldawg No! Quick answer, it would be foolish to do so on the simple grounds his mother and his father's followers would be looking to him to take the US out from the inside!
That is not the same as Obama though, if that's what your inference was!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
How is this different? Obama's father was a communist. He wanted to spread communism. How is this different? This is why the founding fathers put the Natural Born Citizen clause in the constitution. Obama born a brit, not legit.
-------------------------------------------------
Obama's father may well have been a communist but even if he was British if Obama was not born in the UK, HE is not lol! Rules of immigration these days don't permit a child automatic citizenship to the country if born elsewhere but the parent is US or UK citizen etc, paperwork still has to be filled out to make them a citizen of that country - even if a babe in arms lol! Example being a young guy about 19 returning from holiday to US, who's mother was a US citizen and who had been brought up in the US all of his life and even voted, was caught at immigration and told he was an illegal immigrant because he had never applied for citizenship! They let him in to apply but because of some trouble he'd gotten into earlier the reality was he would in all liklihood be deemed not suitable for citizenship because he had a criminal record! Just because his mother became a citizen didn't mean he could live in the US and was automatically made a citizen when she became one!! I wonder how he got on?!

PRO US

Cindy 11 minutes ago

---------------------------------------------------------------

The opposite is true. You can't walk around every day cowering in fear. The only thing these Islamic terrorists understand and respect is strength and courage. Those are the only things that deter them. If you show them you're weak and afraid and more concerned with their feelings than our feelings, they'll eat you alive. They are nothing like us so thinking they will react the way you would is illogical.

So, remember it's better to live on your feet than to die on your knees. We need to stand up to the barbarians and fight for our freedom, justice and democracy. The weaker we act, the more they will attack us. Be strong, be brave and we will overcome!

chris

Watching CNN now (AC 360...) - there's a ticker running across bottom on screen that reads
"senators misled by LIKELY FAKE bin laden photos"

THIS IS A GOVERNMENT COVER-UP.....fake pix shown to our Senator? If that is true Obama needs to be impeached for failure to protect this country.

Ben

Hey Mr. Obama. I thought you did good this week. But then you come out with some stupid chit like this. In case you don't know while you were community organizing that is just what they did. Wake the hell up and be the leader or go home.

Now your back to chicken status.

PRO US

chris 11 minutes ago

Watching CNN now (AC 360......) - there's a ticker running across bottom on screen that reads
"senators misled by LIKELY FAKE bin laden photos"

--------------------------------------------------------------
Senator Scott Brown (R-MA) says he was shown a fake photo of Osama dead and some other Senators said they don't know if the photos they were shown of Osama dead were authentic or not. I don't know who showed these Senators those pics. If Obama won't at least show American Senators the real pictures, there's going to be some trouble for Obama about this issue.

Previous 15 Comments | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments