President Obama WILL NOT Release Death Photo

5/4/2011 10:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

President Barack Obama has now decided he will NOT release the ultra-gory photos of Osama bin Laden's bloody, bullet-ridden face to the public.

0504_osama_BN_Getty-01

The news comes in the wake of reports that Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Hillary Clinton had advised Obama about concerns that releasing a photograph could prompt a backlash against the U.S.

Obama told "60 Minutes" ... "The risks of release outweigh the benefits" ... adding, "Conspiracy theorists around the world will just claim the photos are doctored anyway, and there is a real risk that releasing the photos will only serve to inflame public opinion in the Middle East."

"Osama bin Laden is not a trophy -- he is dead and let's now focus on continuing the fight until al-Qaida has been eliminated."

Rashi

Becuase Sadaam was declared POW and he was neither a religious preacher who had following in Islamic people nor he was recruiter of terrorists. He had no huge following as Osama has because he killed more than 800,000 people in 2 decades. his own people wanted him dead thats why ?
Anyways when Sadaam was hanged there were riots and protests in some parts of Islamic nations and secular states all over the world.
But if they show these pics this will definitely disrupt peace in most parts of the world endangering Americans staying in those parts.
When US security chief, general and advisors say that its not advisable to show pics , i think you should trust them otherwise they would not have been where they are rite now. And if you guys think you are right you would have been running the nation.

Rashi

@sahar- so what your genius brain thinks has happened to Osama ?

Ldawg

Guys, Obama is going back and forth on releasing the photos to keep the story alive. Keeping the story alive, he can keep reminding the uninformed masses that he got Osama. His speech the other night was I, I, I, me,me, me, everything is about Obama. He is such a narcissist.

hanif

well I will say one thing when Saddam Hussain was hang. USA show on live TV his hanging.that was more bad to watch. so USA saying now they don't want to post Osama bin laden picture its not good for child to watch. so Mr Obama in your view its good for the child watch live hanging on TV for child . I would say its another lie. I don't trust single words US. I am amazed that so many people are wary of believing Obama as I am - I remember a few years back the Jessica Lynch story which turned out to be a load of rubbish (google this for youself) - the truth was uncovered a few months later. Granted the Jessica Lynch fiasco ws during Baby Bush's time but I really do not trust the US at all

hanif

Its very convenient that Bin Laden's death is announced dead beofre the election when obama's popularity is at its all time low.Wouldnt put it pass them to do this for a few votes

hanif

We have been looking for a guy for 10+ years. We couldn't find hime. Finally we found him. We killed and buried him in the moon..sorry the sea. A story that makes a lot of sense, no?

Gsharon 710

Look, forget the fact you think President Obama is a liar, back and forth guy, doing this for re=election, and think ABOUT THE SERVICEMEN WHO ARE AWAY FROM THEIR FAMILIES PROTECTING OUR ASSES.

I understand some of the people who lost love ones during 9/11 may think they need to see them. First take a look at the pictures of the three men that were killed when Osama was killed. If those concerned want to view Osama, let the Gov. provide it just for you and not on the wire.

A lot of people are concerned about their loved ones who are yet alive and what the picture might cause for their safety. I do not know why, but I don't need to know. The people that died, we have mourned, now don't support anything that families might feel will endanger their love ones. This over all, should make you change your minds about having the picture made public, if there is one.

I salute the FAMILIES of our current Service Men and know you are not forgotten. There are many prayers out here on your behalf.

Just because others choose to show disgusting deaths does not mean we have to do the same.Actually someone needs to maintain a bit of control. If you saw the pictures, there would be no way of knowing if they were real or photo shopped, if it was really him or a double. Revenge, and stupid for stupid lowers your class. If President Obama did show the pictures, they would probably black out the gross part anyway. We, however, have, in other cases been welcomed to see other gory deaths, and probably could handle it, but it is not worth it.

What I see here is, everything some don't like, Obama gets full credit. He did not make this decision to upset the gory lovers, but on advice from others who feared for our Country. We have lost too many of our on, behind this mess, and we need our men and women to come home and watch their families grow.

I will support the families fully, and any kind of peace they can feel from missing their loved ones, is worth it to me.

Stay strong.........

Ldawg

Of course Obama is doing this for votes. They have known were OBL was since last summer. They also did to take the heat off the fake birth cert. that he released last week. How about putting out a call to college students in the DC area Sunday night to dress patriotic and celebrate in front of the White House. They bussed them in and gave them Obama/Biden '12 signs to hold. When was the last time you saw college students cheering out military? Never. More of the Obama dog and pony show for votes.

kristin

Why did they dump the body in the ocean anyway? That never made sense to me but no one seemed to question it. And I thought Osama died years ago due to renal failure yet somehow he is alive again then dead again with no photos or body. This whole thing is confusing. Kinda makes ya wonder

LisaJ226

How would American fel if they put out pictures of an american being killed???? HELLO.....WE ALREADY DID!!! Remember the video of the american being beheaded???? I guess Obama FORGOT about that!!

polo6918

"Obama continued, "Imagine how the American people would react if al-Qaida killed one of our troops or military leaders, and put photos of the body on the internet."

Didn't some America's loss there heads on the "Internet"?

Athina

The only reason people want the photo released is MORBID CURIOSITY. That's right, that's why. There is no need to release it. If the photo is legitimately leaked, it's useless because it can't be proven to be Osama. It will be assumed to be a fake. So unless it's released legitimately, it counts for nothing.

Marie

I don't need to see the pictures of Osama's dead body.

fran

I guess President Obama is not in it for the votes, otherwise he would post the pics of Osama...I wish some of you people would think before you say he is only in it for the votes.
I personally am glad he isnt showing the pics..there is alot more involved , and the protection of our own in other countries are at stake.

Rich Smith

This lying s***bag OBAMA has lied to the American people from day 1! Show the picture you creep! WE NEED TO KNOW! IS OSAMA BIN LADIN dead? Not from OBAMA'S lying LIPS!

Previous 15 Comments | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments