23-Year-Old Makes $100K Off Osama's Death

5/6/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Osama bin Laden's body was barely in American custody -- and one savvy New York kid was already making t-shirts to commemorate the bastard's death ... pulling in over $100,000 in less than 2 days.

0505_obama_t-shirt_EX

23-year old Maurice Harary tells TMZ, he made a beeline to his NY apartment as soon as he heard the news of Osama's death -- and started building a website to sell his "OBL is dead" t-shirts.

Maurice claims the site went live at 3:30 am on Monday -- and by Tuesday evening, he had already sold around 10,000 units at 12 bucks a pop ... meaning dude raked in approximately 120k in less than two days.

Yes, we know ... you had the idea first. Stop whining.

Kàt

Mark are you one of those 'home grown terrorist?'

MoonDust

Good for th dude, NY is a very expensive place to live, especially if you live in the city, so good for him!!!!!!

Sammie

I'm sorry but it's been 10 years. I find little joy in this guy's death and I sure as heck wouldn't want a t-shirt spelling out the joy the guy was shot in the head in front of his wife. Although, I think I do recall having some of that toilet paper with Kohomeni's (sp?) face on it during the kidnapping of our people in Iran. But we hadn't just shot him.

Scott Guiher

Great job and quick thinking. I do inded wish that I had thought of it fist.

Joe Cayre

to all! great job Maurice. First his site charges shipping so he can make money off the transaction

to date he is up to 50k tee-shirt

most brilliant idea ever

Mike Sarasota

Money should go to the fund for army familys who lost family members in combat....the closest this coward would ever get to combat is his video games..

Clowner

Mark, what are you talking about? I have traveled to numerous places internationally and would NEVER say I'm from Canada. Every place I've been, people have been interested in knowing about the US. Get over yourself and stop spouting lies.

The whole 9/11 conspiracy theory is honestly one of the funniest/dumbest things I've ever heard.

Krystal_warbler

Oh cmmon. that sound stupid. but still, good job. :D lol

DarkGreenMarine

$100,000 in two days. Who's next on the list so I can get paid.

Lynn317

WHOA .... Before everyone starts taking up silk screening T Shirts. That number is for GROSS SALES ONLY, not his actual profit that comes after all his expenses are taken out. His true profit will most likely be far less, especially if he has to outsource the printing and T Shirts.

It always bugs me when people talk only in gross sales and not net profit ... and give this illusion of an enormous income when in many cases some of these get-rich-quick ideas end up making no money at all after overhead and material costs are taken out.

kristina

That's insane. So many people are living from pay check to pay check and some guy makes a shirt with a dead guy on it...seriously?

kristina

people are living from pay check to pay check and he makes this much money for t shirts...wow

CC

I say great idea. Who would of thought that bin Laden would be a supporter of capitalism? Ha...

Superman

Obviously, someone from TMZ knows this "23-year-old" "New York kid" douchebag, otherwise they wouldn't be advertising his ridiculous shirts. He's probably paying at least $8 apiece to buy and decal those cheapo shirts.

SURFCOWBOY

welll props to him!! But one commenter mention about COPYRIGHTS to the picture of Osama and yup, this kid isnt gonna keep much of it now that the whole world knows.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments