Donald Trump: Hail to Someone Else -- I'm Not Running

5/16/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump says if he ran for President of the United States he'd win, but he still decided against doing it.

Donald Trump for President

Trump says, "I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run I would be able to win the primary and ultimately the general election."  But, Trump concludes, "Ultimately business is my greatest passion and I am not ready to leave the private sector."

Trump, always shy, says, it was a hard decision, "especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country."

And in a shocker, Trump didn't wait until the finale of "Celebrity Apprentice" -- he pulled out a week before he crowns the winner.  Timing, Donald.

fran

JAN 44 minutes ago

This was stictly PUBLICITY! If we was going to run, he'd have to make his business's transparant. Do you people actually think he would let people dig into his business practices, this man is a shady bastard. There was NO WAY he would win and he knows it.
************************************
well said Jan, I totally agree with you ..this man would never have won anyway and he knows it...he just wanted the Publicity , but I dont think he was prepared for type he got. Poor spoiled little man.

Puckett

Damned! This isn't good. I was looking forward to him mouthing off his crazy arrogant opinions during the Republican primary debates on FOX NEWS... i was already stocking up on popcorn. Say it ain't so Donald!? Run! lol

Mary

Mwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

fran

I am Canadian but I have to hand it to your president, he certainly knows how to deflate a enormous ego , aka Donald Trump. hahaha...

Crabbey

Rats. I would have loved to see Obama hand is @$$ to him. Loved it. And about those tax returns. . .

flora68

Oh please. He never would have won the GOP nomination, much less the presidency, but whatever. At least we won't have to hear his self-promoting BS, see his ridiculous comb-over and puffy, arrogant puss quite as much as if he'd decided to run. He's a legend in his own tiny little twisted mind, 99% hype and 1% substance. Why ANYONE watches his stupid show is beyond me.

Susie

What a delusional nut!

janet

Trump, even with all his ego, the title of President, Trump would never give up the money he makes in the so-called 'private sector.

Jennyy

I said all along Trump would never run. His decision has nothing to do with his business. Trump knows his background could never stand up to the scrutiny that all candidates go through. The man has left far too many citizens in financial ruins with his failed projects. Just recently when questioned by a reporter Trump tried to downplay it and went so far as to say people should read the fine print. Trump can't take the heat and criticism all Presidents face. He is all mouth and used to issuing orders and having all those around him jump and bow to him. LMAO

Interesting that he never kept his word in saying if Obama showed his long form BC he would shows his financial records. .............

TMZ is willing to offer up an innocent 13 year old girl for public ridicule and humiliation

BUT

Doesn't have the BALLZ to call Trump out on a public challenge he lost. What gives Harvey?

karlew

Obama must be disappointed. Maybe the election won't be a total cake walk after all.

Puckett

Sammie 4 minutes ago
Pompous idiot...............does he really think this country is THAT stupid?????

---

Don't ask... a little scare mongering was all it took to get GW reelected after all. I don't blame anyone for voting for him in 2000. But he was never supposed to be anything but a one termer, a light weight, someone to get us past the alternative of the "Gore years". It backfired on us.

I'm so sick of Presidential politics coming down to a choice of the lesser of two evils... The two party system sucks. They're both crazy nominating these guys they do.

kimd

Please excuse any and all mispellings.I can't seem to stop laughing at the remarks that Trump feels certain he would win not only the primary but the general election.Of course,he thinks that hair looks good.Says alot.

Cravin Morehead

He would have been able to win the Republican Primary and General Election? Yea right!

That's like Rex Ryan saying the Jets would win the Super Bowl---if they only had gotten in it!

billy

Is it just me, or does this guy come off as a bit of a douche?

GEL

What a delusional b.o.o.b!! He won't run because he knows he'd be laughed out of the race and he'd lose by a HUGE landslide!

If he REALLY thinks he'd win...then prove it and try. He won't though because his ego won't be able to handle it when he doesn't win, or when no party will be willing to back him as their candidate. He's obviously not looking at the polls across the country that would count...just the ones he's paying his lackeys to fabricate for him. I have yet to see ANY poll that said he'd win. In fact I have yet to see any poll that said he'd beat the current president in a re election bid, much less one that thought any party would back him as a candidate.