Italian College WARNS Students

Beware of 'Jersey'

5/5/2011 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An Italian university is warning students that "Jersey Shore" will be taping in a building used for student housing ... and TMZ has learned school officials are taking drastic measures to keep the kids away from the GTL.

0504_guido_instituo_ex

Officials at the Istituto Lorenzo de' Medici fired off a letter to students saying:

"Dear Students,

Our Housing dept. has informed us that starting May 9th there will be shootings inside the 2nd floor apartment of your building.  We advise you to NOT sign any paper, let anyone in, and keep us informed."

University sources tell us the I.L.D.M. is so serious about keeping students in a guido-free environment ... officials have offered "alternative housing close to campus" to anyone who wants to get away from the madness.

We're told the school has also offered to issue a partial refund to anyone who has already pre-paid for their rent ... and wants to leave.

SiouxCityBoy

The LdM is a rather moderate cost ( about $20,000 grand per semester) liberal arts school with three established campuses, one in Rome, one in Florence and and one in Tuscany and with a new fourth campus opening in Venice. They specialize in students from countries other than Italy, especially the non-Italian speaking student. It is quite possible that the production staff of the TV Show signed-up their cast for the Spring Semester at the school, including housing, prior to the school officials understanding what was really going on.

The LdM is not a party-school, but I suspect the show will want to present the school as one. If I were a student at the school or a parent of a student at the school I would be very un-happy at this point with the potential of the distractions the show would initiate and cause.

http://www.lorenzodemedici.org/ (Site for those from USA) or

http://www.ldminstitute.com/en/home (European site, in English)

Looks like it would be an interesting school to attend for a semester or two.

Lisa

Okay, before we get carried away, this is standard protocol when any kind of filming takes place in an institution like a school or work building. I live in Canada where a lot of Hollywood shooting takes place. And anytime there is a shooting in my work building, A similar note prior to the shooting date is sent to the whole builing informing us about the film. And since this is a school, it's perfectly fine the school is informing its students not to sign anything as they don't want to be liable for anything that they didn't know about.

Mallary

I go to the school it is an international english speaking school so we are all study abroad students. The jersey shore is not on campus but is just living in a building that students occupy.

Bubbles The Chimp

It is funny that MTV thought Italy would love these idiots going to the country. Now they have found out otherwise.

teo

I can't wait for the Jersey Douches to get into a brawl and get their asses kicked.

YOU ARE NOT ITALIANS. YOU ARE IDIOTS. YOU MAKE THE USA LOOK BAD AND ITALY LOOK BAD.

Jen O.

I can't believe people are dumb enough to even watch that show. I'm proud to say that I've never watched it. How is that entertainment? I know it's like a train wreck and hard to avert your eyes, but, please, start doing so and this poor excuse for entertainment will go away. Today's youth needs help...I weep for the future.

Bubbles The Chimp

MTV is trying to set them up in an English speaking scene to give them an easy shooting. How weak of them. So much for their Rosetta Stone language courses (which really teach nothing as it is not conversational Italian and there are many Italian dialects by region.) As an Italian, I can say we like it when people travel to Italy and try to atleast speak the language. Putting the effort to try is much appreciated. But the way MTV is handling this, you can tell the douchebags of the Shore are either too lazy to learn or too stupid to learn just a little.

Now I wait till one of the male douchebags is dragged through the dirt by his face for trying to be a tough guy in Italy. That will be funny... but of course they will be protected by MTV scripted scenes.

panchang810

An outside entity may be the owner of the said students building like the government or another private institution etc. and not necessarily owned by the school. Or perhaps the producers of this c-r-a-p-py show were able to get the nod of some big honchos among the school admin people.

I never watched this show and I'm still in wonderment why these reality people (they're not celebrities nor Hollywood stars) are paid the amount of money they get but since I don't watch them so I have no idea if they can really act. I really don't know the reason why they get the celebrity status that they seem to have.

SwampMama

My daughter went to this school for two semesters. Housing is privately owned - hotels, apartment buildings and the like.

JAN

Even though I'd hate to do this to Italy, can we PLEASE LEAVE THIS TRASH OVERSEAS???? We have enough filth without these losers running around.

kinm

good move!

keith56

THEY DONT WANT ANY OF THE STUPID TO RUN OFF ONTO THERE STUDENTS

Rich

Why oh why is this group of disrespectful, hos and ho masters even on TV.

en Todo Momento!!

wow. must've been the same scare like with the plague... jersey shore = plague? yeah, i can see that.

seb

Actually, the Lorenzo de' Medici is an International Institute and the students are mainly americans.. so, probably the letter was written in English, not in Italian!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments