Paul McCartney is ENGAGED ... Again!

5/6/2011 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's 2011 ... and one of the Beatles is getting married!!! Sir Paul McCartney is officially engaged to girlfriend Nancy Shevell.

Paul McCartney Engaged

According to People.com -- the 68-year-old former Beatle popped the question to 51-year old Shevell -- a businesswoman from Jersey.

The couple has been dating since they met in the Hamptons in 2007. This will be the third marriage for McCartney and the second for Shevell.

All you need is love.

Courtney

Nancy isn't a gold digger like Heather Mills was. Congratulations to her and Paul who I've been a huge fan of since I was a little girl

CA Girl

To Michelle: Your comment is a cheap shot and totally unnecessary.

To Paul, the "cute Beatle": My best wishes go out to him and to his (and her) family as well. This time, take care of that wallet of yours for your kids' sake AND yours, and I hope you have a happy life together. And buy Nancy a BIG DIAMOND ring!!! (I can at least live vicariously through her!)

westside64

I'm very happy for them and I feel Linda would want him to be happy also.

Me

Yeah, this will likely end with another child and another divorce. I give it 5 years tops.

Mindy

Actually, Paul has known Nancy and her family for many years-they were friends of both Paul & Linda. I am very happy for them both!

Larry

Best of luck old boy!

jus-sayin

can you say PRENUP

LBjim

Good for them. i hope this works out for Paul after the nightmare he had with that"golddigger" second wife..This one seems a whole lot classier than that other tramp i mentioned..

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Good luck Paul. At least you had a nice, long courtship. Make it last, please. ;)

Rocko

@Me: Can she still produce a child? Not trying to be mean but....she's it's not like she's exactly young..

And I'm sure if Nancy wanted a "big ring" she could get it herself, but I'm sure she won't... ;)

blackgirlwhiteguy

@ Rocko, probably IVF or adoption if they wish to have a child together

moso

I hope he signs a prenup this time...
Wish him luck though. I hope he finds another long love affair like he had with Linda.

Jackie

Nice choice of age this time=D

cindy

Wishing better luck this time. I hope he gets a pre-nup this time.He deserves all the happiness this time.

Lucky_130

I wonder if she knows that the real Paul McCartney is dead, or does it matter?