Paul McCartney is ENGAGED ... Again!

5/6/2011 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's 2011 ... and one of the Beatles is getting married!!! Sir Paul McCartney is officially engaged to girlfriend Nancy Shevell.

Paul McCartney Engaged

According to People.com -- the 68-year-old former Beatle popped the question to 51-year old Shevell -- a businesswoman from Jersey.

The couple has been dating since they met in the Hamptons in 2007. This will be the third marriage for McCartney and the second for Shevell.

All you need is love.

Kay

She's smart, rich, and beautiful. A keeper. Paul suffered enough with that last nasty troll and deserves someone special. Congratulations!

spyke

You have to give this man his due, he does not hook up with bimboes young enough to be his granddaughter. good for him, I wish him well

carlo

here is a better idea, sir paul - drive down venice boulevard (or any other street) and start throwing cash out the window - because that's basically what you're doing ...why marry this woman? (so she can get half of your dwindling fortune when the relationship inevitably goes south)

Itoldu

I believe Barbara Walters said she is her niece.
I also believe she is wealthy on her own.
Congrats to both.

Kàt

all you need is love... and a pre-nup!

Keedee

I can only hear Mike & The Mechanics playing in the backgroud: ♫ "Taken In..Taken In Again..." ♪

Ziggy

Nice to see, hope they have a long happy marriage...

Hope he uses his head and gets a pre-nup this time. Linda was extremely smart with their money to make sure the kids would have something in the end. If this new lady is a smart business woman, and would understand the need to do that.

Ginger

I'm sure his money has nothing to do with it. This beautiful young woman would have married this old goat anyway, right???

Dorinha

N.O.Lady about an hour ago

LoL his poor poor kids. He is giving out all their inheritance to these women because he CANNOT be alone. How pathetic people are. Oh and his new music sucks! I used to worship this guy now I realize he is a loser like the rest of the celebrities.
____________________________

Shame on Paul for wanting companionship. What a loser. He should live alone and not take advantage of being among the world's most eligible aging bachelors.

McCartney is already worth over a billion dollars and could live comfortably off royalties from "Yesterday" alone. How much money do his already wealthy children need? Paul's independently wealthy fiance won't be siphoning anyone's inheritance.

I appreciate the fact that McCartney still releases new music, when he could just be rehashing The Beatles catalogue, or have retired from recording years ago. History agrees with me. I prefer Paul's older music, but there are still occasional gems among his newer recordings.

RealityBites

At least this time he has a woman closer to his age, if what I read is true and she has her own money then I think it will last....the test is if Stella approves, if she does then I think it's good, the children are the ones who can tell....I hope so, his marriage to Linda lasted a very long time and that doesn't happen often in the entertainment business!!

soulofanangel

mmmm....Y E S T E R D A Y ummmmm.....yeah, yesterday almost 50 years ago somebody CARED....NEXT?

Christy

He proposed to the right one this time... Be happy the rest of your life, Paul!!!

Sarafina

GET A PRE-NUP, Sir Paul!!

Lemonade

This chick is hot for 51, and she's got her own million$ - which makes her even hotter. She could have any man. Why would she want a 68 year old?

There's no fool like an old ......

Marlena

She's lovely - they make a very sweet couple

Make it last.....