Paul McCartney is ENGAGED ... Again!

5/6/2011 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's 2011 ... and one of the Beatles is getting married!!! Sir Paul McCartney is officially engaged to girlfriend Nancy Shevell.

Paul McCartney Engaged

According to People.com -- the 68-year-old former Beatle popped the question to 51-year old Shevell -- a businesswoman from Jersey.

The couple has been dating since they met in the Hamptons in 2007. This will be the third marriage for McCartney and the second for Shevell.

All you need is love.

Anonymous

livereater... Paul, John, Ringo, and George won't be "putting aside their differences to do one more concert together" because John and George are DEAD (and have been for years)! Paul and Ringo are the only two Beatles left alive. Have you been living under a rock or what?! Do you ever listen to the radio or read a newspaper? You obviously don't even keep up with celebrity news, so why are you even here?

Anonymous

In a way, I actually feel sorry for Paul McCartney. Linda was the love of his life; any other woman he takes up with now is only after his money and the bragging rights of being married to a Beatle. Sad but true. Oh, well. I suppose it's a fair trade. She does look young enough to be his daughter and if men can marry women for their youth and beauty, women can marry rich old men for their money. In either case, I've had no respect for Paul McCartney since he insulted Newfoundlanders (after being brainwashed by PETA) without even knowing where he was or what he was even talking about. He used to be my favorite Beatle until he pulled that stunt. Can't stand him now.

Dexter

What's the point? I don't know why he always has to marry them? Hopefully this one won't take him to the cleaners like the last one did.

dave

Do you really think she would be with him if he was just another a struggling musician??? Pauls 1st wife Linda must be spinning in her grave! Word of advice to Paul...ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR LIFE AS A SINGLE DUDE OUT OF RESPECT TO YOU LATE WIFE & DONT LOOK SO DESPERATE TO MARRY AGAIN BECAUSE YOUR AFRAID TO BE ALONE!

burner

Interesting background on the Shevell business connections in Wiki -

Oh!!! now there is a vid at Worlds News

Puckett

Let me guess. The romantic dumbass didn't get a prenup this time either...

Rocko

You can't tell me the bonus money and the McCartney/Beatle/Worth WAY more than her is aspects haven't crossed her mind on more than one occasion. Come on now..

urbusted

Well, at least this woman is quite rich and has her own money, so she's not a gold digger.
But I wonder about Paul, why does he feel the need to be married? He could easily just live with her or date. I thought that when he married the 2nd time.
There must some deep seated reason why he doesn't want to be alone or has to have woman with him at all times.

Ruth

max 6 hours ago I guess when your that rich and you have more money than you know what to do with, getting married is a easy way to burn through tons of cash. This woman has just hit the jackpot.
-------------------------------------------
"This woman" comes from an immensely wealthy family and is an extremely successful business woman in her own right. No, she is not marrying him for his money because she is a millionaire many times over.

I wish them good luck and a happy life together.

steelie

Good Day,

Doesn't she look like she could be Pricess KAte's older sister? Just saying...

Steelie

Mary

Congratulations to my favorite Beatle since I was 12. Lots of luck to you both. He loves to be in love.

Telstar

He should have stayed with Jane Asher and not cheated on her

Rocko

urbusted 39 minutes ago
~~~~~~~
Paul is just one of those people who can't be alone. Even with Linda, they never wanted to be apart. I think it started with his mother passing away when he was a child.

God-Of-Lyf

Wondering how long this one will last. He will eventually run out of money to pay them.

pk

Geez, we keep missing each other....