Fake Canadian -- Worst Travel Tip Ever?

5/6/2011 1:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

One frosty-tipped TMZ staffer confesses he pretends to be Canadian when traveling abroad ... and all HELL breaks loose. Brace yourself for OUTRAGE and debate in the newsroom! 050511_TV_louis_still

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

Wreckabecca

I grew up working in a family business that is in the tourism industry. Dax is not the first American I've heard say he's from Canada. It's a safety thing as well as the reception you receive when people find you are Canadian. Team Dax all the way! You're totally oblivious to how many traveling americans do.... Eh? Btw Dax... You're eh interpretation sucks. You need to get it right if you're going to say you're canadian

Wreckabecca

"geography and such BUT - there was one common global-rule amongst the various people I met...With an American (tourist) you might have to suffer a loud or occasionally intoxicated big-tipper, back-slapper with the heart of a lion...But with the Canadian, you always had to put a security watch for the safety of the children."

EastCoastChopper

Well, I just about had the best laugh I've had in a long time especially when you said with an American tourist you ... might have to occasionally suffer...a big tipper? If there is one thing I know is that you've NEVER worked as a server.. I find your statement over-indulging, inaccurate, and blatantly just wrong... as for the Canadian comment.. WTF? Please explain a little more..

Ash

On my travels I was disgusted to see Americans wearing Canadian flags on their bags and/or saying they were Canadian!!! I saw and heard people in Cambodia, Thailand, Egypt, Aus, Nz, and Europe pretending to be Canadian.

You sit there and yap about being proud, oh America so awesome - land of the brave and home of the free... what ever, stop hiding and making Canadians look bad on your travels!!!

robert

I am a Canadian - i find it rather pathetic that someone would pretend to be one

if being an American gets you some lumps then stand up and take them, don't be pretending your not what you are

Harv

smart man Dax. no one will believe u are american anyways,u are too skinny

Tremain

These people are delusional. Everyone knows that Americans are hated around the wrold, so why are they getting all mad at Dax? It's the truth!

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14