Arnold and Maria

WE'VE SEPARATED

5/10/2011 6:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Arnold Schwarzenegger and his wife Maria Shriver have announced they've separated after 25 years of marriage.

0509_arnold_maria_bn_gett
The couple released a joint statement saying, "After a great deal of thought, reflection, discussion and prayer, we came to this decision together. At this time, we are living apart while we work on the future of our relationship."

The statement continues, "We are continuing to parent our four children together. They are the light and center of both of our lives."

The couple adds, "We consider this a private matter and neither we nor any of our friends or family will have further comment."

63-year-old Arnold and 55-year-old Maria met in 1977 when Tom Brokaw introduced them at a charity event. They were married in 1986.

0510_arnold_footer

Joe

He finally realized her liberalness was trying to take his money and give it to Obama. Good for him.

Shrek

She "may" be one of the ugliest women I have ever seen!!
Maybe one of those head scarf things would help?

carol

He's been a perv and womanizer for years - this isn't new nor is it a surprise

Keri

Don't worry... "She'll be back....baby"

mousetrap

I'm sorry they are going through this. They've been together a long time, and a break up like this is probably heart wrenching for both of them. It always is, unless two people absolutely hate each others guts and can't wait to get away from each other. I doubt that's the case with them.

David

Arnold is only republican by name. I bet it was just too difficult for him to live so long with a liberal woman.

jamesbooker1975

I bet the governator told her, " HASTA LA VISTA; BABY ! "

Zoe

What's the betting he'll be on a reality show soon and she'll be back to hitting the bottle?

Rat Masterson

HIDEOUS, WHINING SKELETON OF A WOMAN. CAN'T BLAME ARNOLD! WE WOMEN JUST LOVE HIM.

Sammy

This woman looks like Dracula with an eating disorder. Yeah, I'll bet that is a real happy household. Whenever some former chubbo is starving themselves, their are some serous emotional issues going on.

PK

I'm surprised, but not really. Maria has more talent in her little pinky than Arnold has. He's a macho muscle man and only in Ca. would that kind of person get elected as governor. I can't wait to see what Maria chooses, TV anchor, a run for office (not president), or a position in the Obama camp. Whatever it is, she will be a great asset to the US!

oralalex

Arnond is a Steriod brain Damaged self-promoting Egoist! Go AWAY NOW and DON'T give us any more Trash movies!!

WillOTheWisp

@ good as gold

"You can't even come up with intelligent dialog on the topic on hand, you just want trash other peoples comments because you a worthless troll with no thoughts of your own."
*****************************************************

Good afternoon, sweet thing!

Ha-ha!! Don't hate, appreciate!!
You can’t even convince us that you’re not a female!
And if you are a male, then I say, you’d better check your drawls for a crap load of SUGAR!! Okay?? Probably the brown kind.
And, I am an original!! What I write is ALL mine, I don’t need to plagiarize, cause I’m smart like that! Ha!
You're just jealous!
Oh, and by the way, you're the troll!
You're just stupid enough to think that because you use all those dumb a ss aliases no one recognizes you! Wrong!!! You’re defensive and insecure attitude is a dead give away!!!
You're on here everyday, pouring over all the comments to see who’s ’making fun of you’, with your paranoid self!!
And, then you siphon off the ones who don’t agree with you and you go into a hussy fit!! Ha-ha!!
By the way, not everyone has the delusion that ‘one day my prince will come and sweep me up and carry me to a Neverland’; Most aren’t needy like that!
It’s plain to see your paranoid schizophrenia has gotten the best of you, so I’ll make sure I put you on my churches’ prayer list, cause I’m nice like that. : )
If you can manage to get a little JOY in your life maybe your prince will come.
NOT!!!

WillOTheWisp

Fred Farkel
@chris:

My ex-father in law, German, was a decent man who worked very hard all of his life.

And his reward for providing for his rather large family???

When my ex-mother-in-law was done with sex and intimacy (more commonly known as menopause), he was banished to the ROOT CELLAR with a dirt floor, a moldy shower, a lumpy old couch to sleep on, and a 5 inch RCA color TV. The ceiling was so low that he could not stand up straight. He dutifully stayed in that cellar for decades and his FINAL reward is that he is now dying of brain cancer.

Like I said before - men these days will PUT A WOMAN OUT the moment she points to the cellar. And SO DID I.

RUN ARNOLD - RUN ! ! !
****************************************

WTH??? I'm sorry, but I can't stop LOL'ing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiss My Ass

Maybe she cheated on him. Leave Arnold alone, Why can't people mind their own business this is between them and is a private matter. To all the Arnold haters KISS MY ASS. After reading so many posts I had to reply due to all the negative people were talking about Arnold he is an American Icon and worked very hard to get where he is. Weather he/she did or did not cheat who cares they are happy now. Also if you read my comment and don’t like it leave your opinion I will be happy to respond to all comments including dumb ones from morons like most of you who were leaving negative comments about Arnold.