'Jersey Shore' Cast

Defers to Italian President

5/9/2011 6:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Who says those "Jersey Shore" kids don't have no respect?  Sources connected with the production tell us they've delayed the start of shooting season 4 because the President of Italy is coming to Florence.

0509_jersey_shore_EX

Our sources say there's so much security and hoopla over the President's visit Thursday, it would be too much of a hassle to shoot around it.  So they're waiting till the Prez leaves, but shooting will begin late this week.

Sources say stories circulating that production was shut down because the show couldn't get city permits are bogus.  Everyone is ready to roll, as soon as Mr. President says arrivederci.

Chef Jack Tripper

I am an American and even I prefer Canadians to Americans. They are more laid back and a lot of the girls are cooler too.

Bubbles The Chimp

..And yet News crews will be filming our Italian President Napolitano everywhere.

Come on MTV, come up with a better excuse. It is already known in Firenze that there is a backlash of people not wanting Jersey Shore idiots there.

Tony C

Man you know its bad when the President of Italy, who is accused of acting like the cast of Jersey Whores, doesn't want to be around them..

Bubbles The Chimp

There is a difference between Italian President Giorgio Napolitano and Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi (the spray-on-haired gigalo)

Muppet

Dash
I am also a Canadian and I disagree that we speak the same as Americans. I have a friend from the States and she does not talk like we do. She has a drawl when she speaks and I don't ever recall saying y'all lol. I would also like to point out that not all Canadians speak the same, visit coast to coast and you'll see that for yourself.

Canadasux

What? "Jersey Shore" should go to Florence. At least the girls should make an appearance. The president might be looking for a few good hookers.

rnyc

They are lying. Firenze and the city officials of Firenze do not want these pigs who disrespect their own heritage bouncing around like a bunch of idiots in this wonderful cultural retreat. Parents send their children to study abroad in Firenze because it is a city in the heart of Tuscany - the heart of Estruscan civilization and also the Renaissance. If parents wanted their college kids to go to South Beach and act like a$$es, they'd send them there .... Oh, I forgot, that's called Spring Break. Seriously, I find this cast offensive. If they can't go to a library or a museum to reconnect with the culture from which they descend and figure out that their lampooning will be an embarrassment to many self-respecting Americans of Italian-descent and Italians .... I can't wait until the Carabinieri do to them what they do to unruly college kids .... Why don't they just go to Rome. What does Berlusconi's media empire and MTV have some kind of deal to mess with Firenze? This is such crap. It's just not amusing.

I Chinee

Dash:

Canada? Where is that? Never heard of the place. And who gives a **** about the Jersey Shore or Italy.

chubawamba

Can't wait for another season before this stuff gets old...

Bubbles The Chimp

Cin Cin!!! to rnyc. My relatives and friends in Firenze have stated this exactly as you said. It is a PR cover-up by MTV. Firenze does not want them there nor in the student housing they were to film. There has been a backlash as clearly seen by Firenze not even allowing them to film in historical buildings and other places of history... also not allowing them to film drinking anywhere other than wherever housing this might stay. MTV thought Italy would love these douchebags and now are finding out though some may watch them on tv in Italy, it is for the pure spectacle of their idiocy and not because they are loved. GTL does not blend in with the history of the arts of Firenze.

I Chinee

Bubbles The Chimp

Well I can't stand Italian's! And all those people in Italy that watch the show(even if they watch just for idiocy like you said), but then have the nerve to complain about them coming there to film are ****ing idiots! All Italian's are trash and so is Italy!

Liz

nasty nasty nasty nasty nasty nasty nasty
diseased diseased diseased diseased diseased
nasty nasty nasty nasty nasty nasty nasty
ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant
nasty nasty nasty nasty nasty nasty nasty

s*** .... waste of air .... YUKKKKYYYY!!

Bubbles The Chimp

LOL!!! at I Chinee. I think I hear your 80 year old mama calling you to clean your basement room.

Idiot

Idiots

Lynda Bergs

It's so funny how you all hate these kids, but you have enough time to read about them and right your nasty comments and to the Ahole who thinks Italians stink you are probably a real piece of dirt. These young adults are laughing all the way to the bank. How much did you make this year?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments